Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   928 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/928-forum-69/)
-   -   POD unknown connections (https://rennlist.com/forums/928-forum/645335-pod-unknown-connections.html)

Pappy 07-20-2011 04:49 PM

POD unknown connections

4 Attachment(s)
87s4 a/t I have the no reverse lights and no prnd32 indicator lighting issue. I've read up on it and started to tool around with the car this afternoon. Stumbled upon some unknowns: 3rd pic what is this button? The 2nd pic is trying to show the brown/white and brown wires to no where.

Pappy 07-20-2011 09:41 PM

Finally, after searching for periods of time throughout the day, I've found out what most of the connections are for. The one that I am still not sure of is from the first picture. It's the connection to the right/bottom of the pod.

Ducman82 07-20-2011 09:45 PM

i believe that is for a rheostat that controls wiper speed....

jpitman2 07-20-2011 10:15 PM

I also have a taped up switch socket, but the wire colours are different...balck/blue , and some browns.
Used to have Euro rear fogs in the bumper, gone now, but the switch taping looks factory, like yours.
the spade tag females do look like those on my wiper speed, dash light dimmer.
JP 83 Euro S AT 53k

Mrmerlin 07-20-2011 10:21 PM

the barrel connector wrapped in tape is for the rear foglamps and the USA cars do not have this system connected .
the other connector in the first picture looks like the connector that plugs into the little area between the ignition cylinder and the steering column,
it tells if the key is in the ignition ,
the blue and brown wires just sit loose.
BUT check the rheostats to see if they are both connected the one on the left of the steering column is for the light dimmer yellow wires and the right side is for wiper speed delay also there is a push button this one will have very small female connectors with black wires its for the intensive washer also on the right side.

Mrmerlin 07-20-2011 10:23 PM

JP if you have a barrel connector and you have a Euro,
then this one is for the odometer reset on the Euro.
NOTE this connector is not used but rather rerouted to a push button on the bottom edge of the pod to reset the trip odometer

77tony 07-20-2011 11:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I knew MrMerlin would know. I would have tried plugging it in to the 9 pin connector to tow a trailer. :confused::bowdown:T

Leon Speed 07-21-2011 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by Mrmerlin (Post 8729175)
the blue and brown wires just sit loose

Yes, looks like this is one mistery that is not yet solved.

Pappy 07-21-2011 12:43 PM

The first pic, the connection circled at right was the culprit.

Was not connected and resulted in no prnd32 and reverse lights. Connecting this back remedied this and shut off the false ABS warning light. Good to go now!

mpesik 07-21-2011 10:42 PM

You have nice clean unblemished hands.
Are you a hand model?:D