Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   928 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/928-forum-69/)
-   -   Interesting S4 project on eBay (https://rennlist.com/forums/928-forum/643605-interesting-s4-project-on-ebay.html)

Courtshark 07-11-2011 11:06 AM

Interesting S4 project on eBay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsc...fCarsQ5fTrucks

Flood damaged, but not (he says; zero feedback). Cracked head (yikes), but replacement head included. Interior looks very clean. No affiliation.

Ducman82 07-11-2011 11:20 AM

not a bad project car....

Fabio421 07-11-2011 11:22 AM

I don't know if that car has water damage or not but I can say that he isn't telling the entire truth in the ad. Metairie DID flood. My company has a branch in Metairie and I was dispatched to that facility about 2 weeks after Katrina in order to document the damages for the insurance company. In our area of Metairie we saw at least 2 1/2 - 3 feet of water.

His price is waay out of line in my opinion.

James Bailey 07-11-2011 11:31 AM

O K ..."The previous owner informed me that the insurance companies at the time were totaling everything registered in the area of Katrina and the original owner got paid full value for this car mint condition then sold it and maxed out his profit. "
So the prior owner committed insurance fraud....nice ! And this guy wants to jump the title so it is like he never owned it ....so no income tax. What a crock of B S .
And never EVER buy something someone else has taken apart planning on putting it back together because something is always missing or broken in the process. Salvage titles GREATLY reduce any potential value and even after you fix one if YOU are involved in an insurance claim ..........you can figure out the result !

Courtshark 07-11-2011 11:40 AM

I considered bidding, but only as a parts car. I could use the interior... assuming it's truly not flood damaged.

docmirror 07-11-2011 11:57 AM

Insurance companies did not total everything in the area of Katrina. It was not in their best financial interest to do so, and many insurance companies fought bitterly not to total cars, planes, motorcycles, homes that were not flood damaged. In fact, several people were charged with fraud claiming that their car was flood damaged and they wanted full value from insurance.

Next, he's trying to flip a flooded car without registering it.

Zero feedback seller. It should be considered a parts car, that has flood damage and all that entails. The ABS story pretty much confirms that.

Cosmo Kramer 07-11-2011 12:27 PM

The interior looks great, but who knows if it is stinky with flood water. There could be issues getting it registered as well given the current owner hasn't done it ie: lein against it. Parts car IMHO too many stories, motor ripped apart, salvage title etc etc.

mickster 07-11-2011 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by Cosmo Kramer (Post 8703099)
The interior looks great, but who knows if it is stinky with flood water. There could be issues getting it registered as well given the current owner hasn't done it ie: lein against it. Parts car IMHO too many stories, motor ripped apart, salvage title etc etc.

Here in NY (and I am sure in most parts of the U.S.) Insurance companies will only write liability polcies for a salvage vehicle-no comp. or collision. Some in NY won't even write liability for a salvage vehicle. No classic insurance companies I spoke to will write for a salvage vehicle.

Parts car-and in NY they'd inspect it for "stolen parts" and safety violations-to the point of disassembly if necessary if you ever want to register it. With that Title being shifted I am sure something bad would happen...Parts car...

This car was Salvage titled 2 times!! 1st in 1997, then again in 2005...talk about title washing...oh wait it's Louisiana, probably just took a neatly placed $20 bill...