Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   928 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/928-forum-69/)
-   -   Chin Spoiler available... (https://rennlist.com/forums/928-forum/595735-chin-spoiler-available.html)

Stylemobile 10-11-2010 02:19 AM

Chin Spoiler available...

5 Attachment(s)
Used chin spoilers in fine condition are pretty hard to find so this is a rare opportunity for the 928 community.

This was carefully removed from a MY 1984 928S.
There has been some repair work done but if installed properly, you will barely notice at a meter or two. Any remaining scratches will just buff right out.
If you act quickly and it's still available, you will even receive the horizontal 'grill' and the mounting hardware for the spoiler at no extra charge.

This will be offered out in auction fashion to the highest bidder.
All proceeds to benefit PUSH SAFE- an organization that promotes safe parking lot wheel stop repositioning as well as snow plowing techniques with your precious Porsche without any modifications whatsoever.

Thanks for the interest.

Photos below:

underdog928 10-11-2010 09:01 AM

I don't know whether to laugh or cry. I think a little more duct tape and you're good to go. :)

Mike Frye 10-11-2010 09:37 AM

Your deck is due for a resealing.

linderpat 10-11-2010 10:11 AM

ouch!

Stylemobile 10-11-2010 10:26 AM

Yeah, all the duct tape was affecting the weight distribution between the front and rear axles so it had to go. Got a new one from 928sRus. A 1.5 hour install with the car on a lift.

Thanks for the comments. I need a good laugh once in awhile too.

Thanks Mike for noticing the deck wood condition. I'll get right on it.
BTW: The 'adjustments' we made on the car helped a bit. I noticed it on the way home. I played a bit more with that Bowden cable and found an easy way to reach it: Pull the MAF, reach under the spider from the rear, hold the conector in right hand and use the handle of a rubber coated tool between the spider legs above it, pry it off (toward the driver's side) and extract it through the back to where it's easy to play with it. I did it 3 times on Sunday with test drives between adjustments. Tightening it 2 turns helped with the shift set-up. It now downshifts more readily with less throttle and less hesitation.
Thanks for all your assistance on my own car and of course for your wonderful hosting of the Sharks at the Beach event on Saturday.

Best,

Allen

Mrmerlin 10-11-2010 04:05 PM

I`ll take it, just send me a check for 45.00 and the shipping charges,
thanks for the new parts.

BTW I suggest to use Thompsons water seal on the deck one coat is all you need

Mike Frye 10-11-2010 04:35 PM

Allen,

I'm glad your car showed some improvement. There's nothing that helps find the best way to do something better than trying all the bad ways first. Sorry about that.

Just kidding about the deck, I mentioned it because it reminded me that mine needs to be done.

See you at the next one.

Stylemobile 10-12-2010 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by Mike Frye (Post 7965936)
Allen,

....Just kidding about the deck, I mentioned it because it reminded me that mine needs to be done......

No you weren't but I took no offense.

Cheers!

Allen

docmirror 10-12-2010 02:26 PM

'buff right out.

It had to be said.

Hold On 10-12-2010 02:56 PM

I gotta have that! ......and the fastener kit comes with it !! SWEEEEET deal.

Stylemobile 10-12-2010 04:01 PM

Without the fasteners you wouldn't be able to properly secure this on your 928.
Well, there is always black duct tape to fall back on...

mark kibort 10-12-2010 05:40 PM

you beat me to it. :)

Hey, all you need is some rivets and some metal straps and it all goes back together. actually doesnt look bad in the end, IF you have all the parts. :)
looks like youre missing the driver side. :(

Originally Posted by docmirror (Post 7968538)
'buff right out.

It had to be said.

Stylemobile 10-12-2010 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by mark kibort (Post 7969041)
you beat me to it. :)

"......looks like you're missing the driver side. :( "

Nope. It's all there. Check the first pic. It's a little detached and off to the side.
Still has some supple life left in it.

Stylemobile 10-12-2010 08:59 PM

OK.
If we could melt it down into a different black plastic 928 related item, what would be some suggestions as to what should be made?