Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   928 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/928-forum-69/)
-   -   928 barter thread (https://rennlist.com/forums/928-forum/595235-928-barter-thread.html)

Erik N 10-07-2010 09:20 PM

928 barter thread

2 Attachment(s)
OK this was put up a few months back... I don't have the link. If anyone has the thread please post it.

The original idea was to trade one needed part for another needed part- sort of a needed 928 parts trade system.

I am offering a hinged fuse panel hinged cover (see pics) out of a '81 Euro car. It won't fit into my '78 because of the R side "cardboard first aid cover carpeted footrest area" will not mount to the pictured plywood.
I could use anything related to a long-term insurance kit, I.E. the "spare relay" or the "fuel pump jumper cable", though I am not sure what those things even are... or IF I really even need them. My car is CIS 1978.

Anyway, could we ressurect this thread?

hacker-pschorr 10-07-2010 09:31 PM

Interesting idea, I'm gathering up all the discarded L-Jet parts from my LH/EZF upgrade. A few of the parts (ignition brain, fuel pump relay etc...) still work with my 79.

The five AFM Barn Doors could make nice x-mas tree ornaments :p

soupcan 10-07-2010 10:04 PM

Great Idea..

I got a Twin Dizzy Distributor, Wiring harness, ing/fuel computers etc from an 85 Euro S...no intake.

I need 15 to 19mm bolt on wheel spacers

hacker-pschorr 10-07-2010 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by soupcan (Post 7957825)
Great Idea..

I got a Twin Dizzy Distributor, Wiring harness, ing/fuel computers etc from an 85 Euro S...no intake.

I need hub 15 to 19mm wheel spacers

You have a PM

SeanR 10-07-2010 10:58 PM

I need an 90+ air bag cover, passenger side for the dash, and all the covers for the signal stalk of the same year. Due to my changing from an early dash/pod to a later one.

I have lots of stuff I might be willing to trade, and cash for it too.

Erik, the jumper wire is easily made from any wire and spade connectors, extra 53b relays are cheap.

Erik N 10-07-2010 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by SeanR (Post 7957966)
Erik, the jumper wire is easily made from any wire and spade connectors, extra 53b relays are cheap.

Stupid question of the day: What do they do, and where do they go? Alright, that's 2 stupid questions.

Still I am offering that fuse cover to anyone who needs it. Just put something else into the pot.

hacker-pschorr 10-07-2010 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by SeanR (Post 7957966)

The CIS / L-Jet relay are a bit more than the "standard" relay since they have an extra pin for the tach signal.

BRB-83-911SC 10-07-2010 11:20 PM

Hmm, I don't have anything to offer except cash, but am looking for a Euro front muffler, 2 in/2 out.

tailpipe 10-08-2010 07:52 AM

the VW rabbit fuel pump relay with the fuse in the top will work just fine in the CIS cars thats what i have for a spare

SteveG 10-08-2010 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by Erik N (Post 7957997)
Stupid question of the day: What do they do, and where do they go? Alright, that's 2 stupid questions.

I believe what you are referring to is 4' of zip cord with spade connectors on one end and single pole on/off switch on the other. It is very useful for diagnosing fuel pump relay malfunction from the driver's seat. Or use it on the road if the relay dies. The switch allows you to activate the pumper/jumper from the driver's seat. When jumped, the pump runs constantly, which you don't want to do when engine is not running. Few seconds at a time - no problem, but it will burn the pump out in a couple minutes if engine is off.

James Bailey 10-08-2010 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by SteveG (Post 7958812)
...... When jumped, the pump runs constantly, which you don't want to do when engine is not running. Few seconds at a time - no problem, but it will burn the pump out in a couple minutes if engine is off.

All 928s have return lines which route the excess fuel back to the tank so I have a hard time thinking that the pump would burn up......However if the engine has a leaky injector you might fill a cylinder with liquid gasoline and hydrolock the engine on the next attempt to start the car which can split a cylinder and or bend the connecting rod if another cylinder fires first !