Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   928 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/928-forum-69/)
-   -   New Spare Tire Covers (formed ABS)--again! (https://rennlist.com/forums/928-forum/568273-new-spare-tire-covers-formed-abs-again.html)

ReDesign by FEATHER 05-15-2010 12:07 PM

New Spare Tire Covers (formed ABS)--again!

5 Attachment(s)
This is a new thread about my fully formed 928 Spare Tire Covers. I posted a thread about these a while back and now am starting over in this FIRST THREAD in my new SPONSORSHIP.

I sold a few of these before and have made some more of them. The price is up a little--$65 now--and the S&H is still $16.50 the US. I checked for one member before about shipping to Denmark and that is about $40. I expect the same or similar to other countries. Please inquire and I will check on the cost to your country.

I also checked and these covers will fit the earliest cars, but in the 78 Euro I tried one in I could not tell how they are supposed to fasten in. Maybe someone could post a picture.

If there is any interest, I could make a few of these in White ABS. My supplier has one sheet of 3/16 inch white in stock and he could order more. Is there any interest in White? I could make one or a couple by mid week if there is.

The feedback I have from those I sold earler was all positive. Thanks for your interest.

You can order one for "domestic consumption" with a payment of $81.50 to my email address:

jfeather@bresnan.net

Be sure to include your mailing address for shipping. Thanks for your interest.

Jerry

Champagne 05-15-2010 12:25 PM

I can vouch for the quality of this product. Better than expected, better than the pictures showcase and certainly better than stock.
I'm very happy with mine.

Paul

Jerry Feather 05-15-2010 12:39 PM

Thanks very much, Paul. Those are very kind and generous words. You are a nice guy. By the way, I am working on the development of a small plastic trim item that I need for one of my other projects and which is not particularly merchantable, but which I think you can use. I don't think you even know you could use it, but when I get the tooling built and make some I am going to send you some. I think you will be surprised and, I hope, pleased. Thanks again. Jerry

SeanR 05-15-2010 01:30 PM

I bet that would make an excellent top for a subwoofer enclosure also.

LightStriker 05-15-2010 01:34 PM

Damn! That's what those damn metal pin are use for! Almost broke a finger on one while putting back the spare in. Grrr....

No_Substitute 05-15-2010 01:50 PM

I also got one from the last batch. It's a nicer product, and arrived sooner, than I expected. I would buy again. :thumbup:

Nicole 05-15-2010 02:15 PM

That's an awesome product, Jerry!!!

ammonman 05-15-2010 02:16 PM

2 Attachment(s)
+1 for an outstanding product. Got mine as part of the last batch and couldn't be happier. The part fits perfectly and does not make a sound.

Here is old and busted versus shiny and new

Attachment 442555 Attachment 442556

Champagne 05-15-2010 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by Jerry Feather (Post 7572776)
Thanks very much, Paul. Those are very kind and generous words. You are a nice guy. By the way, I am working on the development of a small plastic trim item that I need for one of my other projects and which is not particularly merchantable, but which I think you can use. I don't think you even know you could use it, but when I get the tooling built and make some I am going to send you some. I think you will be surprised and, I hope, pleased. Thanks again. Jerry

Looking forward to it. You peaked my curiosity :)

Thanks

And welcome as a sponsor by the way :thumbup:

Paul

Maleficio 05-15-2010 02:53 PM

I was just thinking yesterday I'd like to find a nice upgrade to my old cover. I removed the tire, and then found myself falling through the opening when I leaned on the carpet. Luckily I didn't destroy the old cover. I need some real support back there, but I don't want to carry the tire.

Looks very nice, Jerry.

JWise 05-15-2010 03:02 PM

Looks very nice. I suppose you could find some dense foam padding, cut to fit, and apply to the bottom for some additional sound insulation - similar to the OEM piece.

BIMMERMIKE 05-15-2010 03:50 PM

Great product perfect fit! Worked well on my '86.

Jerry Feather 05-15-2010 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by Maleficio (Post 7573029)
I was just thinking yesterday I'd like to find a nice upgrade to my old cover. I removed the tire, and then found myself falling through the opening when I leaned on the carpet. Luckily I didn't destroy the old cover. I need some real support back there, but I don't want to carry the tire.

Looks very nice, Jerry.

Thanks a bunch. I am sure my cover will support quite a bit. Probably not standing on it, but leaning on it a good bit, for sure. Jerry

Jerry Feather 05-15-2010 05:15 PM

And, Thanks to all above for the very positive feedback on this cover. I am certainly pleased with the level of satisfaction that is shown. Thanks, too, for the encouragement about this. Jerry

Maleficio 05-15-2010 05:15 PM

I don't think I can afford yours, though. I may just use a piece of plywood.