Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   928 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/928-forum-69/)
-   -   Cross country drive to take 928 home (https://rennlist.com/forums/928-forum/536226-cross-country-drive-to-take-928-home.html)

jeff spahn 11-21-2009 01:02 AM

Cross country drive to take 928 home

Hi-
I bought PerryS4's 1990 S4. Driving it home from Santa Ana to Dubuque IA via Las Vegas, Denver, Lincoln, Des Moines and Dubuque. Ron said I should post this here and let the group know I bought his car. Trying to figure out how to add a signature but the User CP doesn't show an area to this tired brain right now.

Jeff Spahn
Dubuque, Ia
1990 S4 Automatic
Black/Black 100K

Calgary Ole 11-21-2009 01:20 AM

Congrats and keep Rennlist informed of your trip... I know the car from posts on Rl, it is a great looking car!

blown 87 11-21-2009 01:22 AM

congrats, we are expecting updates and record speeds.

86'928S MeteorGrey 11-21-2009 01:31 AM

WOO HOO!!! ROADTRIP!!!!!

Congrats and good luck on your journey! You got a radar detector yet???

heinrich 11-21-2009 01:38 AM

When will you be in Vegas?

S4ordie 11-21-2009 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by jeff spahn (Post 7086904)
Hi-
I bought PerryS4's 1990 S4. Driving it home from Santa Ana to Dubuque IA via Las Vegas, Denver, Lincoln, Des Moines and Dubuque. Ron said I should post this here and let the group know I bought his car. Trying to figure out how to add a signature but the User CP doesn't show an area to this tired brain right now.

Jeff Spahn
Dubuque, Ia
1990 S4 Automatic
Black/Black 100K

Jeff - Congrats on getting a great car. Ron has been a long time member here and his car has always been maintained to a high level by the best 928 technicians and local SoCal 928 Rlist members. You got a very good car.

You will need to become a Rennlist Member (a few $ subscription) in order to post a sig file, see/post pics, see "members only" areas.

Welcome. Be sure to read every page of the "NEW VISITOR? Read This Forum Guideline FAQ *BEFORE YOUR FIRST POST*" thread at the top of this forum. It is full of great info about maintaining and getting the most out of your car and this forum.

dt3257 11-21-2009 11:09 AM

Congrats!!

linderpat 11-21-2009 11:10 AM

Congrats on the car - it sure looks like a good one.

I've driven two across country - if you thought you liked these cars before, you'll absolutely love it after a long road trip! Keep a journal and take lots of pics to post up here. Good luck with the drive!

the flyin' scotsman 11-21-2009 11:17 AM

Good job on getting Rons car and welcome to the RL show.

Perhaps there'll be an opportunity to gather with other folks in the SW Canada NW USA region...........have a great roadtrip.

Mrmerlin 11-21-2009 11:19 AM

Hey, great that your driving across the country, if you need anything when you get to Denver post on the board we have a big group here.
BTW any idea when you will be passing through??

dr bob 11-21-2009 11:21 AM

Congrats on your purchase. Have a very safe and fun drive back to Iowa too. My first 928 drive was to bring my car from Denver home to SoCal. Nothing like an extended cruise/tour to appreciate what a fine GT car you've acquired!

Take good care of the car. The SoCal crew has more than a few hours invested in that car to keep it nice. As the new caretaker, the duty now passes to you to continue the tradition. Fine dry-climate cars are getting rare as the years go by. As much as Porsche did a good job with rust management on the cars, with galvanizing, protectant sprays and undercoating, finding one like Ron's with NO damage at all is going to be a real treat in Iowa. Maintenence is so much easier. Enjoy!

GregBBRD 11-21-2009 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by dr bob (Post 7087441)
Congrats on your purchase. Have a very safe and fun drive back to Iowa too. My first 928 drive was to bring my car from Denver home to SoCal. Nothing like an extended cruise/tour to appreciate what a fine GT car you've acquired!

Take good care of the car. The SoCal crew has more than a few hours invested in that car to keep it nice. As the new caretaker, the duty now passes to you to continue the tradition. Fine dry-climate cars are getting rare as the years go by. As much as Porsche did a good job with rust management on the cars, with galvanizing, protectant sprays and undercoating, finding one like Ron's with NO damage at all is going to be a real treat in Iowa. Maintenence is so much easier. Enjoy!

Ron's car...now Jeff's car is an exceptional car. He got one hell of a nice car...for one hell of a great price. Hope the trip goes well.

Dwayne 11-21-2009 10:40 PM

Congrats on acquiring your 928! Have a safe and enjoyable trip to IA. A cross country trip in a 928 is the only way to fly! A radar detector is a great investment.

Chuck Schreiber 11-22-2009 08:54 AM

Jeff,

Congrats and welcome!! It's been almost 2 years since I made the trip with my dad from Dallas to Atlanta to pick up the GTS and drive her home. I spent more time with my dad in a car than I probably had since I was a kid. Had a blast with him and the car on the way back. Memories for a lifetime!

Document the trip man, safe travels!!:burnout:

eatiles 11-22-2009 10:16 AM

Congrat on your new car, I do a cross trip to get my car too, great experience in a 928.