Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   928 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/928-forum-69/)
-   -   Appraiser Needed in Western Massachusets (https://rennlist.com/forums/928-forum/398722-appraiser-needed-in-western-massachusets.html)

porschemech1 12-20-2007 12:57 PM

Appraiser Needed in Western Massachusets

I need someone that knows how to do the reasearch and give acurate value.
The car is the brown 1979 928 w 12k miles it was at Willbraham Tech sesion.
I been trying to find any cars besides "Kermit" with lower miles and in all original condition . After many weeks of research I have only seen a couple close but even then the milages were 40 k pluss.

Thanks to all for any help.
Todd

Dave Sz. 12-20-2007 01:09 PM

Try: http://www.buxtonmotorsports.com/

Very 928 knowledgeable, does locating and appraisals (no affiliation etc. etc.)

Jim bailey - 928 International 12-20-2007 01:15 PM

And you need a "value" because ??

porschemech1 12-20-2007 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by Jim bailey - 928 International (Post 4900359)

Because I need to know what the car is "realy" worth .
Mostly for insurance purposes.

I realy would like somebody local. To my area if posible .

I put a call in to John E Robison Auto repair in Spfld Mass.
His Service Dept said they would get back to me but that was a few days ago.
I prety much know now from my own research what the car is worth but I'm not a appraiser.

Jim bailey - 928 International 12-20-2007 06:47 PM

Go find and read this thread..." What classic car insurance do you use? ( 1 2)
jthwan22 " .........and you will find that it makes little difference what YOU or an appraiser happen to think it might be worth when it comes to any settlement.

Charley B 12-20-2007 07:54 PM

Used car or collectable values can only be established by enuf sales of similar vehicles with similar miles to establish a reasonable estimate. A 1979 928 with 12K miles will not produce "similar" sales to create a value. An appraiser is then left with evaluating sales of similar years with lowest miles and placing you at the top.
At the moment, that car is "worth" what you are willing to pay, and the seller is willing to take.

Shark Attack 12-20-2007 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by Jim bailey - 928 International (Post 4900359)

becasue he cant post it for sale without being a member? So whats the better way to maybe get a PM or offer to buy on a rare unit?

or he just may want to know what its worth... either way.. he has a reason.

Jim bailey - 928 International 12-20-2007 08:11 PM

Why does this come to mind...." Dr. Evil: ... Here's the plan. We get the warhead and we hold the world ransom for... ONE MILLION DOLLARS! ...."

linderpat 12-21-2007 08:25 AM

Did you buy the car yet Todd? Is it for sale, and if so, how much? I might be interested in a classic like that, altho the color is not my cup of tea...

Ispeed 12-21-2007 09:13 AM

Mech1: if you are going to sell it, do it now!!! If you are keeping it fine.

What's the price??? $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$???????????????????????????

Shark Attack 12-21-2007 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by Jim bailey - 928 International (Post 4901984)
Why does this come to mind...." Dr. Evil: ... Here's the plan. We get the warhead and we hold the world ransom for... ONE MILLION DOLLARS! ...."

I say we poke holes in the "o-zone" layer with "lazor" beams.. unless we are paid a healthy ransome....

porschemech1 12-21-2007 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by 928andRC51 (Post 4903382)
Mech1: if you are going to sell it, do it now!!! If you are keeping it fine.

What's the price??? $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$???????????????????????????

IT'S NOT FOR SALE! I JUST NEED A FREEKIN APRAISER! FOR INSURANCE!!!!! THATS WHAT I NEED very clearly stated.

Shark Attack 12-21-2007 01:39 PM

take it to 3 p car dealers. take the avg, there is your price.

F451 12-21-2007 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by porschemech1 (Post 4904209)
IT'S NOT FOR SALE! I JUST NEED A FREEKIN APRAISER! FOR INSURANCE!!!!! THATS WHAT I NEED very clearly stated.

That's the impression that I got from reading your posts.

Don't know where all the "selling" conclusions are coming from.

For me, when buying, I studied the for sale posts here, looked at the classified listings here, checked craigslist, checked autotrader.com and cars.com. In other words, studied any for sale listings I could. I printed out the ads that were in my ball park and kept them for reference even if the cars sold.

This gave me a fair idea of what 928's were selling for and what I would be willing to pay for one.

And I'm not sure how market value or an appraised value is handled by insurance companies, but I'm sure your's can fill you in on that.

Good luck. -Ed