Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   928 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/928-forum-69/)
-   -   What's the best 928-related gift you've received? (https://rennlist.com/forums/928-forum/393049-whats-the-best-928-related-gift-youve-received.html)

Sharkdad 11-21-2007 12:31 PM

What's the best 928-related gift you've received?

My co-workers just assembled and painted a model of my '91 GT for me. It was a total surprise. Am almost as proud of it as I am of my car. ;)

Just curious what cool 928-related gifts you've received along the way... ...Pics welcome!

Happy Thanksgiving,
Eric

Mogans 11-21-2007 12:48 PM

My wife got me new floor mats a couple of Christmas' ago. Haven't started using them yet, not sure what I'm saving them for...

Let's see a pic of the model your colleagues gave you

leperboy 11-21-2007 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by GRBang@aol.com (Post 4803385)
My wife got me new floor mats a couple of Christmas' ago. Haven't started using them yet, not sure what I'm saving them for...

My wife just gave me floormats. I haven't put them in yet because I'm waiting to clean the interior up enough to justify them.

Matt

Shane 11-21-2007 12:56 PM

Porsche Original 930S Sport steering wheel in Black to go in my Guards Red 5sp. Which is nice since I have a burgundy one in my other 5sp. They are spendy but well worth it as they make me smile every time I grip them in preparation for enjoying such a great automobile...

Richard S 11-21-2007 01:07 PM

My wife got me a Recaro SRD seat for ORR and track days, 5-pt harness campatible, reclining, sits lower to give me enough helmet room.

Rich

Roger 11-21-2007 01:09 PM

My wife surprised me with a mint copy of Project 928. She said that it took years to finally win one on ebay (for a decent price...under $150). Another time, she got me the 1/16 928 RC from Radio Shack.

Roger
87s4
82 Competition Package (project)

Erling G-P 11-21-2007 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Sharkdad (Post 4803313)
My co-workers just assembled and painted a model of my '91 GT for me. It was a total surprise. Am almost as proud of it as I am of my car. ;)

Just curious what cool 928-related gifts you've received along the way... ...Pics welcome!

Happy Thanksgiving,
Eric

No 928-related gifts (yet) I'm afraid..

Eric, have to ask: who makes the model your co-workers assembled ?
Been on the lookout for a GT model myself, but haven't really found any I like.

Oh, and you said it yourself; pics welcome... ;) - and Happy Thanksgiving

Cheers,
Erling

Jim bailey - 928 International 11-21-2007 01:56 PM

Racing helmet AND driving suit from the wife...good used 5 spd transmission from Mark :)

Courtshark 11-21-2007 02:15 PM

My 928 was a gift. Dad downsized his fleet to my benefit. :)

StratfordShark 11-21-2007 02:45 PM

More for the car than for me - my wife made a 928-shaped 30th Birthday cake for one of the UK events celebrating that milestone.

My S4 isn't actually Guards Red but that was the only colouring she had left!

No comments about ther AMC Pacer please...

F451 11-21-2007 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by Richard S (Post 4803463)
My wife got me a Recaro SRD seat for ORR and track days, 5-pt harness campatible, reclining, sits lower to give me enough helmet room.

Rich

Oooh, sa-weet! :jumper:

Warning: :_otopic:

That is the exact setup I am looking into getting. Right now I'm looking for a used seat, but since they are in short supply, and not cheap even used, I'm considering just popping for brand new. They are certainly worth it.

Chuck B (cdbtx) GAVE me a sweet Sparco Speed fixed back racing seat that I installed as an experiment to see how much headroom I could get. It was a big success in that I netted lots of headroom. I love the seat, but its not practical for a daily driver.

I'm planning on installing the Recaro SRD (or similar reclining sport seat) as my daily driver seat (need the headroom), and then installing the Sparco fixed back for DE's, track days, etc (when I get the S4 maint up to date).

And I have to say, the Sparco fixed back is awesome. Its a whole new driving experience. I'm much more connected to the car, its much more enjoyable for spirited driving. Only problem is the seat is so tight for me, that once I'm in it, if I so much as eat a grape, I'll expand enough that I won't be able to get out of it. And deep breathes are out of the question. Heh heh...

F451 11-21-2007 02:57 PM

Back on topic, my wife bought me a DE day and professional driving school gift for my birthday. Redeemable at any time. :burnout:

Emickelsen 11-21-2007 03:09 PM

Note to self; find new wife/coworkers, STAT.:icon107:

Oh, sorry. Thinking out loud there. The best (and only) gift i recieved, was the hood liner i got from Adam at Sharktoberfest. Thanks again.

Happy Thanksgiving to Y'all!!

Rick Carter 11-21-2007 04:35 PM

Enzo (formerly known as Hacker) fixing my clutch at RA.

Sharkdad 11-21-2007 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by Courtshark (Post 4803743)
My 928 was a gift. Dad downsized his fleet to my benefit. :)

...and all I got was a lousy 928 model ;)

In response to a couple other posts, I will put a photo up after Thanksgiving. Wanted to get the thread started along the lines of what we can be thankful for, but I left the model at the office and am happy to be off for a couple days! -Eric