Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   928 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/928-forum-69/)
-   -   Ebay liar (https://rennlist.com/forums/928-forum/392449-ebay-liar.html)

Kevin Michael 11-18-2007 08:41 PM

Ebay liar

One of my old 87 s4's ( black/black/boxter wheels)on ebay right now with less than 30minutes to go. I sold this car cheap last year because of the dozens of issues it had, not to mention the crappy re-paint that only looks good in pics...imagine that!. Anyway the unscrupulous dealer that is selling it is lying out his ass about it.Really makes me mad that some poor buyer will be stuck with this one at that price. Kevin

Giovanni 11-18-2007 08:52 PM

This is the link?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsc...spagenameZWDVW

Al least the highest bidder has -1 bid rating

Kevin Michael 11-18-2007 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by Giovanni (Post 4793623)
This is the link?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsc...spagenameZWDVW

Al least the highest bidder has -1 bid rating

That's it.

SeanR 11-18-2007 09:02 PM

Well, glad you posted the warning with 30 minutes to go. God forbid that someone gets a few days warning.

Kevin Michael 11-18-2007 09:06 PM

Sorry Sean, I just saw it myself. I let that car go cheap to a fellow in Vegas with full disclosure, as I don't believe in deceptive sales. I hope no one here bought it,and if so, I am sorry I didn't see it sooner.
Kevin

Naplesguy06 11-18-2007 09:08 PM

Well it only hit north of 10k, I sold mine with half the mileage for 12k but mine had factory paint and only a starting problem, vapor lock.

Podguy 11-18-2007 11:23 PM

I don't know. Other than a rough looking engine compartment and a bit rough on the interior it looks like the presentation was pretty clean. How much more disclosure is needed in the pictures. The car looked like an average 87 S4 with black on black. I have seen rougher cars. Maybe when you use the driveway of a very expensive home to shoot the pictures you get a better price.

What other major things are wrong with the car to make it worth less than the bid?

Dan the Pod Guy.

pmooradian 11-19-2007 02:19 AM

I don't know. The winning bidder's got -1 feedback. Maybe the buyer and seller deserve each other!

6mil928 11-19-2007 04:00 AM

Originally Posted by Kevin Michael (Post 4793592)
One of my old 87 s4's ( black/black/boxter wheels)on ebay right now with less than 30minutes to go. I sold this car cheap last year because of the dozens of issues it had, not to mention the crappy re-paint that only looks good in pics...imagine that!. Anyway the unscrupulous dealer that is selling it is lying out his ass about it.Really makes me mad that some poor buyer will be stuck with this one.
Kevin

Is it possible the seller fixed the problems that you didn't list? Jason

Kevin Michael 11-19-2007 12:28 PM

It leads me to believe that nothing has changed with this car as it has been resold on ebay 3 times since I sold it there. Also the carbon shifter is still on it and that was cracked through and loose as a goose. I put the wheels and tires on it that you see now(fusions). The engine has a very bad lifter among many other things. the paint is the issue. It looks in person as if a fellow at Maaco (possibly drunk) sprayed this car. Clearcoat is peeling at every piece of trim. I dumped the car knowing that even a freshening up was going to cost north of 5k.

Bill Ball 11-19-2007 07:03 PM

I have said I like buying and selling on eBay, but I didn't mention that I avoid dealers there. They require deposits that private sellers will wave. No matter where or how you buy a car or other vehicle, paying any money at all without a personal inspection is asking for trouble. You might get lucky, but more often than not the vehicle will not be nearly as good as it looks in the pictures. In this case, the dealer makes general disclaimers that make disputing the condition a matter of opinion. I like that he mentions dash cracks, but he carefully shot around them in the pictures.;)

Jim bailey - 928 International 11-19-2007 07:20 PM

I could not agree more ..."No matter where or how you buy a car or other vehicle, paying any money at all without a personal inspection is asking for trouble. " And this give a Warm Fuzzy feel ..."it has been resold on ebay 3 times since I sold it there."

backnblack 11-23-2007 08:44 PM

Kevin you didn't say what you payed for it and what you sold it for.

Kevin Michael 11-23-2007 09:26 PM

I paid 3500.00 non operational. I bought it with 2 other 911's as a package deal. One fuel pump fuse later and vroom. I sold it to a guy off-auction for his 7500.00 offer out in vegas with FULL disclosure.

Imo000 11-24-2007 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by backnblack (Post 4810061)
Kevin you didn't say what you payed for it and what you sold it for.

maybe it's just me but how is this relevant to anything? :icon107: