Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   928 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/928-forum-69/)
-   -   Women of Rennlist Calender (https://rennlist.com/forums/928-forum/382374-women-of-rennlist-calender.html)

88 Shark 10-04-2007 02:55 PM

I'm in, do we pay now or later?

RJT 10-04-2007 03:11 PM

Pay later when you do the actual ordering of the calendar. Leslie is the production manager and will post soon how to pay and when.......

You guys are Great!!
~JoAnne

PS: Here's my 'preview'. It's not a 928, but I don't think you guys hate 356's do you?
http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/2...xready3wd9.jpg

Big Dave 10-04-2007 03:41 PM

Wow....wearing a white shirt while under a Porsche. That's either brave or you don't like white shirts.

31-TL-ZS 10-04-2007 04:05 PM

Starting to look like the Pirelli's calender! I'm in!

Robert 1994 GTS midnightblue, the Netherlands

DonT 10-04-2007 04:56 PM

I'll take one ! ! ! :cheers:

SteveG 10-04-2007 05:40 PM

OK, my interest is piqued. Don't know which way you are going with this: Leslie's black dress or clean-under-the-machine, but I vote for at least half of the photos for "clean under." Keep working with that. The traditional formal pose beside the car is hard to pull off b/c well Snap On, etc have done that. And this needs to be something different. I would love to read all the PMs that are flying around this, fly-on-the-wall.

Leslie 928 S2 10-04-2007 05:47 PM

Steve, we're all doing something a little different, so there should be pics of all shades and varieties. You'll get my black dress, and Jo's under the car shot. You will definitely to find something you like! :cool:

dr bob 10-04-2007 07:07 PM

I think the white outfit under the car says a lot about how clean that 356 is. It's a show stopper for those playing along at home. It was probably two or three hours of cleaning under there before it was safe to wear white, right? ;)

Leslie 928 S2 10-05-2007 11:02 AM

Good morning everyone! By my count, as of 10:00 this morning, we have 105 calendar purchases committed to across the various forums. Good job, guys! :rockon:

But we really want to do better, so help us sell more by bringing in business from outside the 'List too, if you can! :D

In order to start getting this all nailed down in one place though (because I want to be sure no one gets missed through 5 separate threads), now that we're starting to get the word out, would everyone please start PM'ing me with their name, address, and number of calendars desired, so that I can start preparing the mailing labels and figuring out how many need to be ordered, etc. And if you want to pay by check or money order, rather than Paypal, please also indicate that in your PM. Eventually, I will send you a mailing address for that once we figure out the logistics.

Thanks guys!! :bowdown: :bowdown:

EDIT: BTW, I believe we are leaning towards charging a little extra for those who choose to use Paypal, to cover the transaction fees -- don't want to short the kids. So if you choose that route, you will pay an extra $1.50-$2.00, or thereabouts. More on that later.

EDIT 2: It has just been pointed out to me that some of you will be ordering from outside the country. Count on an additional mailing fee for your orders, over and above Paypall fees, as well.

Shark Attack 10-05-2007 11:42 AM

since its for rennwish Ill buy a few

88 Shark 10-05-2007 12:23 PM

RJT... your my kind of girl, under the car and up to your elbows. Keep it up, looks good.

sprio 10-05-2007 12:30 PM

I'll take one.

the flyin' scotsman 10-05-2007 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by Leslie. (Post 4643762)
EDIT 2: It has just been pointed out to me that some of you will be ordering from outside the country. Count on an additional mailing fee for your orders, over and above Paypall fees, as well.

Where's the Free Trade love?

Let me guess; USPS classifys the border as forgein/international and charges accordingly.

not directed at the effort Leslie; just frustration over the time and $$$ it takes to get goods back and forth.

On a more positive thought; would it be cheaper to mass ship to one Canadian destination and then ship Nationally from there? I could help if it saves $$$ from going to the shippers vs the real intention of this effort.

Leslie 928 S2 10-05-2007 01:09 PM

Ooooo...I like your thinking, Malcolm. That might be pretty cool...how long do you think it would take for something like this to make it over your borders, anyway? Would it get held up in customs or some ****e?? And then how long would it take an average package to get from you to someone else?

Actually, I wasn't pointing fingers at Canada so much as the UK, etc. Someone from the UK was asking me more details about the calendar which is when it occurred to me that, "Hey, postage ain't gonna just be a buck or two to England!" :eek:

the flyin' scotsman 10-05-2007 01:21 PM

Leslie.............I'm more than willing to distribute within Canada. The calendars would arrive from here to their end destination within a few days from mailing.

As to the 'customs' question why dont we discuss over PM.

BTW........its 'our' border. :jumper: