Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   928 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/928-forum-69/)
-   -   Timing Belt Wear Question UPDATED 2-4-07 (https://rennlist.com/forums/928-forum/327991-timing-belt-wear-question-updated-2-4-07-a.html)

H2 02-10-2007 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by ROG100
Attached is a list of the old & new part numbers showing what needs to be changed.

Rog,

You need an award for posting that information! Thanks!

Harvey

ROG100 02-11-2007 11:18 AM

Old & New Water Pumps

8 Attachment(s)
To save Garth having to go out in the cold and chase rabbits here are some old & New pics.
Let me know if we should add anything else to clarify better.

I will be posting pictures of all the different parts side by side when they are all here.

This car is "Risky Biz" and is owned by Kim here in DFW and I would like to thank her for letting me document the process on her car.
:bigbye:

Schocki 02-11-2007 11:56 AM

Interesting stuff Roger!

RSKY BIZ 02-11-2007 06:50 PM

PROJECT - RSKY BIZ . . .

Originally Posted by ROG100
To save Garth having to go out in the cold and chase rabbits here are some old & New pics.
Let me know if we should add anything else to clarify better.

I will be posting pictures of all the different parts side by side when they are all here.

This car is "Risky Biz" and is owned by Kim here in DFW and I would like to thank her for letting me document the process on her car.
:bigbye:

Hey Roger,

No problem. Happy to supply you with this interesting project, for the benefit of 86.5 928's everywhere. . . (lol)
I'm envious -- in the ER we don't have this luxury of 'posting' a diagnostic dilemma, and awaiting international feedback!

Thanks to all, btw, for your interest on RSKY BIZ's behalf -- she's a keeper, that is, after her affair, with Rog!
Yes, that 'unconditional love' -- for my 928...
(But Rog, I am enjoying her Guards Red, firebox cuzin' loaner... thank you!)

Kim :cool:

SeanR 02-11-2007 07:16 PM

Kim, you may never get your lil girl back. I've fallin in love with her and unless you claim her soon. She will be trapped in my garage.

RSKY BIZ 02-11-2007 07:28 PM

CALLING 'UNCLE ROG'!!!!

ROG:
Get the spy cam going . . .

Sean, she is ALL me --
as in 'a lot to handle', amigo!' ;)
Just want you to know what you might get into, ahead of time!

Seriosly, there is enough material in this thread for a 'documentary', of sorts... the 'How-To from Camp Tyson's 928 Spa!'

I tell ya, after Rog, you telling me you posted pics on Rennlist the first day... and I pulled up BUS's TB pulverized debris shot....

I checked for a pulse (mine), then did some deep breathing....
the rest has been 'cake' -- just knowing that pulverized belt wasn't RSKY BIZ's!

OK, gang -- gotta work..
Sean -- go take pics of YOUR car, again, eh?
Kim :bigbye:

Garth S 02-11-2007 07:31 PM

Great pics Roger - the other interresting mod to the S4 type pump is the additional reinforcement ribs around the pivot stud hole ( and a little weight trimming on the right side), which the pics nicely clarify.

ROG100 02-13-2007 10:14 AM

UPDATE 2-13-07

4 Attachment(s)
Well finally I received the roller support arm :thumbup:

Found a Gotcha though - behind the idler roller is a circlip (C clip) - I remembered this from all the post 86 cars I have done.
This part is not called up on PET and I do not know the part number - if anybody does I would really like to know so I can add it to the list of parts required for the change.

Later style WP went on with no problems and I have R&R'd the tensioner.

Once I sort the circlip out she will be back together and running again.

Thanks for the input and I hope this is a useful thread.

Roger :bigbye:

SteveG 02-13-2007 11:59 AM

Tensioner missing part

The oft mentioned missing "circlip" Do you have a picture of that?

marton 02-13-2007 12:05 PM

Hi Roger,

Looks very nice now.

Marton

heinrich 02-13-2007 12:14 PM

We're sure the dimple in the new carrier arm and the tensioner plunger align, I hope :)

ROG100 02-13-2007 12:24 PM

Steve G,
I wish I had a picture as that would mean I have one :>)

See post 131 - first picture bottom right hand corner - thats what I am looking for.

Roger

docmirror 02-13-2007 01:41 PM

That type of clip is pretty generic. You should be able to get it at your local NAPA or even possibly a good hardware store. Ask for a 'snap ring' and take the shaft it fits with you. If you don't already have it, a compound snap ring plier is useful to remove and install.

Hope this post was useful, wouldn't want to be a noob with no clue. :)

User, uh, Doc

docmirror 02-13-2007 01:44 PM

Roger, did you see the thread about two parts cars in Houston?

ROG100 02-13-2007 01:45 PM

I guess in "H's" eyes I am a noob as well - I better be carefull what I say while he is looking at the thread.

H,
Not long until I find out about the alignment!