Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   928 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/928-forum-69/)
-   -   Canary Yellow at Motorsport Pictures (https://rennlist.com/forums/928-forum/210454-canary-yellow-at-motorsport-pictures.html)

Mrmerlin 06-18-2005 07:17 PM

Canary Yellow at Motorsport Pictures Look here for pictures

10 Attachment(s)
Hi All here we go, its time to share some cool pictures, the Ole Yeller is startin to come back to life, the list is long on the replaced parts and upcoming work, however Dave and Garrity are helping every way they can, I am doing the work, Enjoy.
Plus I would like some suggestions for wheels and any other comments, Thanks for your time,

Ahh also enjoy your weekend up in Tahoe for anyone thats up there ,
Plus Hi Miss Nicole hope your feeling better. Take care for now, Stan

Weissach 06-18-2005 08:48 PM

Any more interior pics??? btw, VERY COOL CAR..

FlyingDog 06-18-2005 10:45 PM

Nice dash and pod!

Mrmerlin 06-18-2005 11:01 PM

Hi all A few things that have been done so far.
Removed about 95 % of the leather interior for cleaning and repairing any lil bits.
Also removed the carpets and washed them in the washing machine, they came out amazingly clean
I Rebuilt the steering rack
Replaced the motor mounts with some new Anchors
Added the cool titanium door regulator shim to hold the doors open
Installed 4 new Bilstien shocks
Replaced the front disc pads
Replaced the rear rotors and installed new emergancy brake shoes
Scrubbed all four wheel wells to remove all the crud from never being washed, replaced the fender liners that were cracked
Fixed the fuel pump it had a very small leak, installed a new filter
Replaced the starter relay with a new # 53 it had a melted post from the EXK failing and the PO trying to start it by continuous cranking
Restiched the steering wheel with some waxed thread, its not factory but it looks very good
Resealed the transmission and replaced the vacuum modulator and replaced a brake band servo with the updated part
Rebuilt the torque tube, replaced the torque converter bearings

Thing to do yet
Pull out motor do a valve job. replace valve seals and head gaskets and valve guides, mill heads, powder coat the intake and valve covers, replace all engine seals, replace all flexible fuel lines, replace all flexible ATF lines and power steering lines, replace all PCV lines and vacuum lines, replace the AC drier and expansion valves, replace the right side radiator tank , install the interior, polish the glass, touch up any paint scratches and wet sand and buff the paint, install new wheels and tires, install a new front spoiler, and undertray, replace all the stereo speakers and the head unit, install a GTS antenna, install a RMB, and there may be a few other things but thats most of whats going on for now......Once again I must thank Garrity and Dave for their help.....Have a great day, take care for now, Stan

pewter82 06-18-2005 11:18 PM

This car is a rare color combo, and its VERY good that your restoring it to its original beauty.

jason

Sharkbait 06-18-2005 11:20 PM

I love that white interior, especially the dash and the pod.

Ketchmi 06-19-2005 11:15 AM

Rare color combo? I dare you to find another one.........

WallyP 06-19-2005 11:31 AM

Add to the list:
Replace brake hoses.

Mrmerlin 06-19-2005 12:57 PM

Hi Wally, I think thats a good idea, I`ll put on some stainless lines we have em hanging on the wall, Stan

HK G36C 06-19-2005 01:33 PM

Here's your chance not put unnecessary weight back on..... :D

folding wing 5 speed 06-19-2005 04:11 PM

Stan,

I enjoyed seeing it Friday and like I said, it is one of a kind and a significant example of the S4. One of a kind from the factory and worthy of saving. Can't wait to see it finished.

Steve

fst951 06-19-2005 07:39 PM

Ironic that you would suggest brake hoses with all those on the rack right over Stan's right shoulder....

Thanks for the upsell!!!

Mrmerlin 07-07-2006 11:55 PM

Hi I thought I would get this set of original pictures back to the top for anyone interested, Stan

zoltan944 07-08-2006 12:41 AM

i love the mad scientist pic! im awaiting progression pics!

pmotts 07-08-2006 02:19 AM

Check out his avatar and the SATL thread.

Originally Posted by zoltan944
i love the mad scientist pic! im awaiting progression pics!