Bosch Hammer Replacements May Be Available - Page 3 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Go Back  Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums > Water Cooled Technical Discussion Areas > 928 Forum
Reload this Page >

Bosch Hammer Replacements May Be Available

Notices
928 Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: 928 Specialists

Bosch Hammer Replacements May Be Available

 
Old 10-06-2010, 01:26 PM
  #31  
928mac
Super User
 
928mac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 2,637
Default

John, If I understand the info on your site correctly, the spanner does everything the hammer did and more?
so the scan tool of choice, to date, for electrical and electronic diagnostics would be the Spanner?
next question
dose the sharktuner or ST mk 2 do everything the spaner does, plus adjust programing?
928mac is offline  
Old 10-06-2010, 01:37 PM
  #32  
John Speake
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
John Speake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Cambridge England
Posts: 6,867
Default

The Spanner is now out of stock, I have sold all the production run. At present I don't have plans to run another batch.

The ST2 will analyse everything on LH and EZK ECUs (plus tune them of course) but doesn't talk the ABS/PSD ECUs

Theo's tool reads fault codes on all the fitted ECUs but of course can't adjust or tune LH and EZK.

Originally Posted by bwmac View Post
John, If I understand the info on your site correctly, the spanner does everything the hammer did and more?
so the scan tool of choice, to date, for electrical and electronic diagnostics would be the Spanner?
next question
dose the sharktuner or ST mk 2 do everything the spaner does, plus adjust programing?
John Speake is online now  
Old 10-06-2010, 02:33 PM
  #33  
928mac
Super User
 
928mac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 2,637
Default

Originally Posted by John Speake View Post
The Spanner is now out of stock, I have sold all the production run. At present I don't have plans to run another batch.

The ST2 will analyse everything on LH and EZK ECUs (plus tune them of course) but doesn't talk the ABS/PSD ECUs

Theo's tool reads fault codes on all the fitted ECUs but of course can't adjust or tune LH and EZK.
What is (Theo's tool)

and what's this

http://www.jdsporsche.com/PST2%20and%20PIWIS.html
928mac is offline  
Old 10-06-2010, 02:46 PM
  #34  
Stromius
User
 
Stromius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Bellevue, WA
Posts: 1,306
Default

Stromius is offline  
Old 10-06-2010, 02:53 PM
  #35  
John Speake
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
John Speake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Cambridge England
Posts: 6,867
Default

PST2 and PIWIS are diagnostic tools for much later Porsches, up to the Panamera.
They test all the earlier Porsches as well, like the 928.

They are rather pricy for the home mechanic


Originally Posted by bwmac View Post
What is (Theo's tool)

and what's this

http://www.jdsporsche.com/PST2%20and%20PIWIS.html
John Speake is online now  
Old 10-07-2010, 02:19 PM
  #36  
928mac
Super User
 
928mac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 2,637
Default

Thanks guys.

It looks like the theo is the scan tool of choice. to bad you couldn't get the sharktuner and add the theo software.
what's the package price for both.

Oh by the way, i wish that i could use it with my MacBook Pro , she is faster then any PC
928mac is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: