Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   928 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/928-forum-69/)
-   -   YES! new S4 in the family (https://rennlist.com/forums/928-forum/204606-yes-new-s4-in-the-family.html)

chaadster 05-18-2005 10:33 AM

YES! new S4 in the family

1 Attachment(s)
It all started August of last year, when I took my new shark to show it to the in-laws. My father-in-law lit up, and could hardly contain his excitement. As it was for me, too, I'd almost forgotten about the car until I saw one on the road, so I knew he was experiencing a rekindled passion.

Well, over the winter, he told me to keep my eyes open for one for him. In Spring, he finally told me to find him one. Quite quickly, word came through the local 928OC that the ideal car was coming up for sale just 10 minutes away from us. We went to check it out, he liked it, and we drove away with me thinking he was going to buy it. At the same time, mine was in the shop for the timing belt/waterpump thing, and my FIL called my mechanic to schedule a PPI.

The service manager is a great guy and a friend of mine, and before I bought, he gave me "The Talk," you know, the one in which he tells horror stories about the problems and costs of ownership. He must've given my FIL the same one, because next I heard he'd decided not to buy. Okay, so maybe the service manger isn't a "great" guy... ;)

So, I'm off to Italy for a couple of weeks, so I drop the shark off at my FIL's house for him to drive while while I'm out, a very deliberate strategy on my part to get him feverish again. IT WORKED! I got an email saying he'd bought Roy's '90 in linen grey metallic with marine blue supple leather and 35k miles. An immaculate, very original and fully spec'd car!

I'm not sure if my FIL will be signing on to Rennlist or not, but when I went over last night for dinner and to see the car, he asked me to swing by on Saturday to show him the ropes, i.e. Rennlist, the Big Three, and all the owners' "must have" stuff. I'm really excited, as you can tell by this very long post!

Okay, enough for now, here's a pic of the two together:

Bill Coleman 05-18-2005 10:44 AM

Hey Chaad -

If he needs anyone to 'test drive' it, I'd be happy to volunteer again!

BTW mine is back on the road. It wasn't cheap, but the steering is so much better than before I'm shocked that I didn't notice how bad it had gotten! I guess I can't complain about a steering rack that 'only' lasted 100k miles.

AO 05-18-2005 10:49 AM

Congrats! So can you talk him into joining us for the trek to SITM? No better way to get anointed than to jump in with both feet!

IcemanG17 05-18-2005 11:35 AM

Tell the FIL congratulations and welcome to the club! Two great 928's in the family!
Brian

Green Goblin 05-18-2005 01:00 PM

You have a very nice looking family, you should be proud.

Andy

kshipp 05-18-2005 03:01 PM

Congrats and welcome him aboard! My father was convinced by simply driving my car back home. He bought one within a month of my purchase. :)