Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   928 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/928-forum-69/)
-   -   Jager Sill Plate Inlays Wow ! (https://rennlist.com/forums/928-forum/204371-jager-sill-plate-inlays-wow.html)

borland 05-17-2005 01:49 AM

Jager Sill Plate Inlays Wow !

Just installed the Sill Plate Inlays on my car. Very easy install and a nice improvement over the stock clear plastic lettering. I ordered mine in Chrome.

They look much better than the Jager photos on the web site; more like the photo for the GTS which shows raised letters. They're made of clear vinyl with a 3M adhesive backing, so they actually looks like beads of water on a chrome plate.

http://www.jageng.com/928Metals.htm

borland
90' S4
Slate Metallic

Nicole 05-17-2005 02:17 AM

I just ordered a pair for my car - I think they look particularly good on darker colored cars, or when the clear plastic has started to get yellow, or when there is dirt underneath the clear that you can't get to. Can't wait to get mine!

AO 05-17-2005 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by Nicole
I just ordered a pair for my car - I think they look particularly good on darker colored cars, or when the clear plastic has started to get yellow, or when there is dirt underneath the clear that you can't get to. Can't wait to get mine!

One of the benefits of having a Chiffon Yellow car is that even if the sills do yellow, you don't notice it. :D

But I have seen these on other cars and they do look very nice.

sublimate 05-17-2005 09:57 AM

Is it the whole door sill or just the numbers (or letters for GTS)?

AO 05-17-2005 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by sublimate
Is it the whole door sill or just the numbers (or letters for GTS)?

I've seen both. What's referrenced here is just the numbers (or letters for the GTS). I have also seen entire stanless sills that look very nice - but I don't know if these come from Jager or not.

deliriousga 05-17-2005 10:59 AM

Put them in about a month ago and they make a huge difference. The dirt that would show under the clear numbers is gone and the aluminum numbers really stand out! :thumbup:

SharkSkin 05-17-2005 12:18 PM

I put a set of brushed aluminum numbers in mine... love it. They were kind of boring with black behind them... not anymore! :thumbup:

Gretch 05-17-2005 12:40 PM

Pictures anyone? I have been toying with putting a guards red backgroung under my clear lettering, but I am open to other suggestions.......

Randy V 05-17-2005 12:40 PM

Someone lend that man a digital camera!

bwebb77 05-17-2005 12:42 PM

I ordered my two years ago and finally put them on about 3 months ago. I ordered the gold. It was funny because I could make one set fit perfectly but not the other. Email them and she said I probably got a set of the one cut which didn't fit right, so they set me a new set for free. Except the new set was brushed aluminum. So, I decided to put the Gold on driver side and aluminum on the passage side. Call me crazy but I like it. ;) I really like both of them so I put both on them on. :thumbup:

Gretch 05-17-2005 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by Randy V
Someone lend that man a digital camera!

I have one, I meant that I would like to see pictures of the various installations..... :thumbsup:

ROG100 05-17-2005 12:56 PM

Gretch - Hows this?
:thumbsup:

Gretch 05-17-2005 01:09 PM

Attsa Nice. on my way to the site now.........

ROG100 05-17-2005 01:25 PM

Gretch,
Sorry I hope I did not add confusion to the thread.
My modification was a good quality piece of paper sprayed red and inserted under the sill and not Jager.
Cheap, easy and effective.
Roger

deliriousga 05-17-2005 02:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Gretch
Pictures anyone? I have been toying with putting a guards red backgroung under my clear lettering, but I am open to other suggestions.......

Here's mine. On Silver the only difference is the brushed finish and you don't see the dirt spots that collect under the clear plastic.