Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   928 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/928-forum-69/)
-   -   Red 93 GTS is here (https://rennlist.com/forums/928-forum/186463-red-93-gts-is-here.html)

gutMD 02-16-2005 09:40 PM

Red 93 GTS is here

Greetings to all,
Just joined the Rennlist today after having been a browser for quite some time now. I recently purchased a 1993 GTS Red/Black 5-speed with 29900 on the clock from one of your fellow listers Chuck Z. Needless to say, the thing is immaculate. Now I'm looking forward to some happy motoring after the foul weather clears as well as some educational sessions on the list.
My inaugural question is - Any recommendations regarding a good repairman in the Boston area and NW suburbs who not only works on Porsches but may have a particular interest in 928's ?
Thanks to you all in advance,

Gary L. :cheers:

rixter 02-16-2005 09:53 PM

welcome Gary, you picked up a GREAT shark... there are plenty of folks up your way who should be able to find you a competent 928 mechanic NOT a Porsche mechanic (BIG DIFFERENCE)

the only thing you have left to do is JOIN! so you can post pics of your girl in it's new home

Chuck Z 02-16-2005 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by gutMD
Greetings to all,
Just joined the Rennlist today after having been a browser for quite some time now. I recently purchased a 1993 GTS Red/Black 5-speed with 29900 on the clock from one of your fellow listers Chuck Z. Needless to say, the thing is immaculate. Now I'm looking forward to some happy motoring after the foul weather clears as well as some educational sessions on the list.
My inaugural question is - Any recommendations regarding a good repairman in the Boston area and NW suburbs who not only works on Porsches but may have a particular interest in 928's ?
Thanks to you all in advance,

Gary L. :cheers:

Hey Gary,

Welcome to the group! I couldn't have hand picked a better home for the GTS if I had conducted interviews. I am truly happy the car has ended up with someone like you who will really appreciate it. Guess I should remove the picture from my sig line......

BTW, I like your screen name.

FlyingDog 02-16-2005 10:27 PM

Chuck, you need another to replace it before you remove that one from you sig line.

worf928 02-16-2005 10:35 PM

Welcome aboard neighbor! (You've got a PM)

Styln928 02-17-2005 12:13 AM

Welcome aboard Gary :thumbsup: That is one fine GTS you got from Chuck. Good Luck & enjoy.

bigs 02-17-2005 12:22 AM

Hey! Looks like we got us another doc. Gastroenterologist I presume. (Either that or a German physician with impeccable credentials.)

Welcome from the other side of the recto-vaginal septum. (GYN)

I kinda like red GTS's myself.

Bill Ball 02-17-2005 12:27 AM

:jumper: I see nobody's asked for the pictures required of all newbies and major rebuilds! 93 GTS with less than 30K miles - we have to see it! I guess we have seen Chuck Z's pics before, but you are the new proud papa, so show us the baby.

Seth W 02-17-2005 12:30 AM

That is one sweet car, if it had been on the market when I was looking, I would have bought it in a heartbeat. Drive it in good health.

SharkSkin 02-17-2005 03:43 AM

You picked up one hell of a fine car there.... Enjoy, and welcome! :D

Nicole 02-17-2005 03:54 AM

This is one of the most awesome examples of red 928s...

Originally Posted by bigs
I kinda like red GTS's myself.

Is yours also bladk inside?

gutMD 02-17-2005 07:54 AM

Red 93 GTS is here

Hello to all once again,
I cannot thank you all enough for the many kind words. The car truly is a creampuff and I feel very fortunate to be the owner.

Rixter and Bill Ball, Pics will be forthcoming.

Chuck, thanks for the vote of confidence. You are a class act and have been a pleasure to deal with all along the way. Glad you like the screen name. I must admit I think it's pretty cool too. Have you pulled the trigger on the Fla. car?

Bigs, your initial guess was correct. I am a gastroenterologist, only Portuguese, not German. Have you had your screening colonoscopy yet ?
Ha-Ha !!

Once again, thanks to the rest of you who took the time to post the many welcoming responses. :cheers:

gutMD 02-17-2005 07:57 AM

Red 93 GTS is here

Hey Nicole,

Missed your question initially. The car does have a black interior.

Regards,
Gary L.

Chuck Z 02-17-2005 09:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Hello to all once again,
You are a class act and have been a pleasure to deal with all along the way.

Likewise. I enjoyed the entire experience. I have always tried to be the kind of seller (in my work and as part of my hobby when the opportunity arrises) I would personally like to deal with. I try to over communicate in an effort to make a long distance buyer such as yourself comfortable.

Have you pulled the trigger on the Fla. car?

Yes, it will be here on Monday or Tuesday. And the garage is ready...........

gutMD 02-17-2005 10:49 AM

Red 93 GTS is here

Hey Chuck,

The lift looks awesome. Will you now be able to store cars one above the other or will you only use it for repairs? Finally, what did you buy?

Regards,
Gary L.