Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   928 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/928-forum-69/)
-   -   Atlanta 928 Monthly Meetings (https://rennlist.com/forums/928-forum/1151552-atlanta-928-monthly-meetings.html)

RSMartin 07-09-2019 10:59 PM

Atlanta 928 Monthly Meetings

Monthly Social 2nd Monday of each month, pending holidays

First meeting is on 08/12/2019
meet at 6:30pm - until ?

Elliot Street Deli & Pub
51 Elliot Street SW
Atlanta, Georgia

Kevin in Atlanta 07-09-2019 11:13 PM

Please announce this on the Atlanta 928 Owners FB page, too.

Jeremy Mote 07-10-2019 08:06 AM

I'm not a 928 owner, but am actively thinking about purchasing one soonish. Do y'all mind if I come by? I want to see a few examples in person, and talk to owners for a more informed buying decision.

por917 07-10-2019 10:45 AM

Great idea, unfortunately weekday socials I can't do. I hope this is a success and maybe throw in a weekend day occasionally.

RSMartin 07-10-2019 10:59 AM

Stop by and join us

Originally Posted by Jeremy Mote (Post 15963235)
I'm not a 928 owner, but am actively thinking about purchasing one soonish. Do y'all mind if I come by? I want to see a few examples in person, and talk to owners for a more informed buying decision.

Warning:
This product has been proven to be addictive.

RSMartin 07-10-2019 11:08 AM

Weekend events

Originally Posted by por917 (Post 15963503)
Great idea, unfortunately weekday socials I can't do. I hope this is a success and maybe throw in a weekend day occasionally.

We are currently Organizing a drive schedule for this Fall.
This will include an event in Asheville, NC at the historic
Omni Grove Park Inn. Excellent driving opportunities on this trip. If you have never been there you will love this property.
Show it to the wives they will pack the car for you !

drooman 07-10-2019 11:34 AM

You're all lucky guys if RSMartin is spearheading your event.

Jeremy Mote 07-10-2019 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by RSMartin (Post 15963532)
Warning:
This product has been proven to be addictive.

Awesome, I'll be there.

GeorgeM 07-10-2019 02:24 PM

Also posted in the 928OC Forums Events page.

islaTurbine 07-10-2019 07:51 PM

In!

MattCarp 07-10-2019 11:37 PM

Omni Grove Park Inn. Excellent driving opportunities on this trip. If you have never been there you will love this property.
Show it to the wives they will pack the car for you !
...hmmm. I can vouch for that! I’ve never been there, but I just mentioned this post and she said, “I’d go that!”

I’ll watch for dates!

RSMartin 07-11-2019 03:06 PM

Reply from Grove Park INN Ashville NC

I know this is a little more pricey than other venues but this an excellent weekend get away for two and fun for everyone. The Fall color change will be at lower elevations this time of year so there are wonderful unobstructed views from the higher mountain roads. This is also on the tail end of tourist LEAF watcher season and will allow for a little more spirited driving as well. So it should be very enjoyable for everyone. There is a great restaurant downtown called The Lobster Trap, I think owner is from Maine, anyway will reach out to them for possible dinner reservations.
https://thelobstertrap.biz/
Downtown Asheville, NC 28801

Response as sent to me from Grove Park Inn,
Thank you for considering The Omni Grove Park Inn for 928 Owner’s Club social event! We’d love to welcome you and your guests to The Omni Grove Park Inn during such a beautiful time of year. We do not have any availability for the October dates due to a large group in house, but I can extend the following group rate for November;

Fri

Sat

Sun

11/1/19

11/2/19

11/3/19

Run of House

Depart

Room Type

Rate

Run of House

$399.00

RUN OF HOUSE (ROH): Includes a mix of Classic, Resort, and Mountain View rooms. Hotel will assign rooms based on availability.

Additional Rates: Golf, Spa, and other Resort Amenities are charged as per public rates. Rates are subject to 6% local occupancy tax, 7% state sales Tax, 24% Service Charge, and $25.00 Resort Charge. This proposal outlines our understanding of your preliminary requirements. We are not currently holding meeting space, but look forward to discussing your plans in greater detail.

RSMartin 07-12-2019 04:04 PM

Another option for fall event

Etowah Golf Resort

PCA Cost is approximately $250 per couple or $185 per person single occupancy. 1 night. I have not contacted them for our group rate and or multiple dates. This rate includes the room, dinner, and breakfast, all taxes and gratuities.
This is currently a repeat trip for our local Peachstate PCA region. It also has a close proximity to the Blue Ridge Parkway so Drive will be about the same Either way.. I have been told this property is very nice and staff is very welcoming to the Porsche groups

I was scolded for not offering an option. So I guess we can put this to a vote at our 1st meeting.

soontobered84 07-12-2019 04:45 PM

I would post it over on Pelican, too. Not nearly as much active traffic over there, but there are lots and lots of lurkers. We get folks to our breakfasts that come from Pelican periodically.

Good Luck with your GTGs. Be persistent!

RSMartin 07-12-2019 05:10 PM

Thank you for your suggestion

Originally Posted by soontobered84 (Post 15969311)
I would post it over on Pelican, too. Not nearly as much active traffic over there, but there are lots and lots of lurkers. We get folks to our breakfasts that come from Pelican periodically.

Good Luck with your GTGs. Be persistent!

I have never posted there but will try and correct my error.

Post are also duplicated on 928 OC Facebook page as well as summary of events on 928 OC main page. Our #1 goal is to reduce the number of social media sites for 928 owners to have to fish for information about events. Our community is numbers strong but scattered socal sites keep us divided.
I am personally uneducated on the politics of the community but I know the strength of it as a whole. We as a community are underestimated for devotion and passion by many.
Thoughts that drive and form my opinion,
How many 928 owners have more than 1 928 ?
How many 928 owners would rather drive another model ?
How many 928 owners will put everything into rebuilding their 928 past fair market value out of love ?
How many vendors develop parts and upgrades just to chase the rabbit hole ?
Dollar for Dollar the 924,944,968 & 928 have the most passionate owners. For Most others it's just stroking a check.

Comments are Just my opinion and may or may not offend others.