Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   928 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/928-forum-69/)
-   -   Precision Motorwerks.....Yes, we do have a New Years Special (https://rennlist.com/forums/928-forum/1123205-precision-motorwerks-yes-we-do-have-a-new-years-special.html)

GregBBRD 01-09-2019 08:23 PM

Precision Motorwerks.....Yes, we do have a New Years Special

Last year, I offered a Christmas special....which turned into a disaster, for us. First problem....we are super busy. Second problem....We close the week between Christmas and New Years. Third problem.....We were in the middle of looking for a new facility.

So this year, I decided to avoid the Christmas rush....completely.

We're having a New Years special! Good until my Birthday, February 1. (Note: We are super busy 24/7/365. If Mary can take your order at 714 879-9072, that is best. You can also reach her at MaryBBRD@att.net. If you have technical questions or need to know what fits and works best on your car, Email me at GregBBRD@AOL.com.)

The "New Years Special" is really simple. With an order of $500 or more, we are including a free set of Hazet Limited Edition Screwdrivers (Yes, the same ones that 928 International is selling for $49.95.)

So, if you've been waiting to order a custom crankshaft damper, a 300M driveshaft, a 300M clutch shaft, oil lines, fuel lines, oil control baffle, high output alternator, the best 14 pin loom made, custom crankshafts, connecting rods, etc., etc., now is a good time to get a free bonus.

I've also decided to release my valve cover baffles....latest design that no one has obtained (actually, David Chamberland has) or seen. Another HUGE improvement in oil control. There's a trick, to this, however.....I'm not going to show anyone a picture, because of an a$$ that copies my pieces. And you have to agree to use the baffles and not put pictures....anywhere. So, you have to buy these pieces on "blind faith".....which isn't too much of a reach, since everything I offer works!

The valve cover baffles are $50 each....and you should put one in every valve cover breather you are using. They are marked "O" and "H"....which reflects under what letter in "Porsche" you need to install one. They come with hardware. Minor machining, simple drilling and tapping are required.

1000% improvement over what Porsche supplied!

Another new product/service:

After an extensive study of torque tube frequencies and the absorption of those frequencies, the facts are tough to ignore....Porsche put those frequency absorbers into the torque tubes for a damn good reason....and it's idiotic to leave them out. I don't care how much the replacement bearing weighs, how many you install, the bearing is not a frequency absorber! The bearing is attached to the shaft and to the torque tube....it transfers, not absorbs!

The problem has been that the rubbers to secure that ~7.5 pound chunk of metal are all worn out and either fit super loose on the weight or are super loose inside the torque tube. The weight MUST fit tight! Simply screwing it into place is just a tiny bit less than useless!

We "came up" with a replacement rubber and a method to retain that rubber on the older frequency absorption weights. The modification of your weight and new rubber mounts is $100. I have extremely limited quantities of "exchange" absorption weights (because we've been putting them back into the torque tube forever).....and no weights that can be purchased outright, at this time.

1990jim929 01-09-2019 08:33 PM

new facility ? Move to Michigan - I will be your 1st customer :-)

GregBBRD 01-09-2019 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by 1990jim929 (Post 15554517)
new facility ? Move to Michigan - I will be your 1st customer :-)

We moved 8 miles. Took 4 months. We're still working weekends trying to put stuff away and get caught up on work. "Super busy" doesn't begin to describe what is happening here.

"Insane Asylum" is closer to the truth.

merchauser 01-09-2019 08:55 PM

could you explain what the valve cover baffles do? along the lines of the oil filler baffle? or different principle?
sounds like 4 are needed?

GregBBRD 01-09-2019 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by merchauser (Post 15554578)
could you explain what the valve cover baffles do? along the lines of the oil filler baffle? or different principle?
sounds like 4 are needed?

These pieces are dual function:

The stock pieces hang down low into the cylinder head. When the heads begin to fill with oil (higher rpms), the stock "breathers" become submerged in oil/oil foam. They no longer can ventilate, but become solid slugs of oil. This forces crankcase and cylinder head pressure to go up....forcing all of the "venting" to whatever the filler neck can do. (Not much.)

The second function if these items is to separate the oil from the air, before the oil/air mixture reaches the valve cover elbow. I've made a few different "iterations" of these breathers. This is the best at air/oil separation that I've tried....a very "evolved" design.

You only need as many of these breathers as you have elbows that ventilate the valve covers. If you have two elbows that vent to the filler neck or to the intake, you only need two. If you are actively venting all 4 elbows, you will need four.

The Forgotten On 01-10-2019 03:20 AM

I already have your windage trays and 14 pin harness (still sitting in a box) from last year.

I think I'll have to get 4 of your breathers and a super damper this year lol. I'll send Mary an order when I get the chance.

SeanR 01-10-2019 12:31 PM

Greg, I'm interested in a set of cam cover baffles and I promise to not show pictures or copy them.

merchauser 01-10-2019 03:05 PM

greg, can you tell me if I need 2 or 4 for 1990GT and do I need to remove the cam covers?

GregBBRD 01-10-2019 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by merchauser (Post 15556420)
greg, can you tell me if I need 2 or 4 for 1990GT and do I need to remove the cam covers?

You need two. One for each breather in the passenger valve cover.

And yes, unfortunately, you need to remove that one valve cover to install them.

merchauser 01-10-2019 04:25 PM

^^^^^thank you

GregBBRD 01-10-2019 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by SeanR (Post 15556031)
Greg, I'm interested in a set of cam cover baffles and I promise to not show pictures or copy them.

I wasn't going to offer these pieces to anyone outside my shop, because of that "dog" character coping my crankcase oil breather. However, so many people want pieces that really help these engines work, I was convinced, by my clients, to offer them to the general community.

All I can do is trust the community to understand what it takes to engineer, test, and develop pieces for these engines and try to limit thieves from coping things through peer pressure.

Thanks for understanding!

EMan 928 01-10-2019 04:35 PM

Greg, if I have your crankcase breather system, do I need these valve cover baffles as well?

Adamant1971 01-10-2019 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by GregBBRD (Post 15556604)
I wasn't going to offer these pieces to anyone outside my shop, because of that "dog" character coping my crankcase oil breather. However, so many people want pieces that really help these engines work, I was convinced, by my clients, to offer them to the general community.

All I can do is trust the community to understand what it takes to engineer, test, and develop pieces for these engines and try to limit thieves from coping things through peer pressure.

Thanks for understanding!

I will be ordering a couple pairs as well, and I wont post anything either. :) I also need to order a full set of fuel lines for Alex G's 87.

Just one question, how much are your 87+ oil cooler lines?

GregBBRD 01-10-2019 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by EMan 928 (Post 15556618)
Greg, if I have your crankcase breather system, do I need these valve cover baffles as well?

You should be fine. The older design worked pretty well....I'm just always thinking about how I can improve on my own stuff....and I discovered a few more "tricks" to separate oil from the air, right at the breather. If your Provent stays mostly dry, you're in good shape.

I also had another goal.....My complete breather conversion is expensive...there's a bunch of parts.....and not everyone can rationalize buying that system. I'm trying to see if I can reduce the amount of oil that gets into intake by enough that my entire conversion system is not required, for the people that have "street cars". A little bit of oil in the intake can be a good thing....a huge amount of oil is a bad thing.

I've had great local results with these additional valve cover oil separators. I'd like to get enough feedback to know what percentage of the engines respond to a minimum of pieces. (Pretty obviously, no amount of oil separators are going to "solve" worn out engines....I'm not selling a magic wand" to repair wear, plugged oil rings, bad stem seals, etc. I'm trying to help the rest of the engines pass less oil into the intake.)

GregBBRD 01-10-2019 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by Adamant1971 (Post 15556635)
I will be ordering a couple pairs as well, and I wont post anything either. :) I also need to order a full set of fuel lines for Alex G's 87.

Just one question, how much are your 87+ oil cooler lines?

$295.00 for stainless. $395 for Kevlar. Core charge of $100, until old lines are returned.