Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   928 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/928-forum-69/)
-   -   ok,hatch opens but won't close with with pull-button. (https://rennlist.com/forums/928-forum/1079245-ok-hatch-opens-but-wont-close-with-with-pull-button.html)

siscogts 07-07-2018 04:07 AM

ok,hatch opens but won't close with with pull-button.

Boy I searched for hatch release problem thread...but cannot find a thread about the reverse issue.

I can open hatch with pull button, but I cannot close it ..
If I open hatch with key no problem.
I think problem lies in the electrical release.I just ordered the plastic insert , but I am not sure this can cure the reverse of the usual problem of this system, also.

Can someone tell me what to check ?
Thank you
Francesco from Italy
'92 GTS 5 speed

FredR 07-07-2018 07:16 AM

Have you ever heard of anyone closing the hatch with the release knob?

As I am aware it is called a "release knob" because it facilitates remote release but having "remote closure" makes little to no sense to my way of thinking. Pretty sure you will find it is not designed to close the hatch if that is what you are expecting- apologies in advance if my interpretation of your post is not comprehended as you intended.

R.Pires 07-07-2018 07:39 AM

When I read the original post I was a little confused, the release button is exactly for that, release!! Only!
Maybe he has not explain well and the problem is that when he opens the hatch with the release button he cannot close it (by hand, of course...)
But when he opens the hatch with the key after he can close it (also by hand, of course...).
Is that the problem?? If that is the problem it's strange but will make some sense, a little more than trying to close the hatch with the "release" button :)

Bertrand Daoust 07-07-2018 07:51 AM

Francesco,

Do you mean that if you use the release button, it opens fine but don't stay closed after?

If so, check the 1A fuse on the CE (fuse) Panel. It's the parking circuit fuse.
If that fuse is bad your motor will stop as soon as you let go the hatch switch and if it's in the open position, it will stay there until you pull the button again.

Does the motor stop as soon as you release the button?

siscogts 07-07-2018 10:19 AM

Sorry my fault. I forgot to write "sorry for my poor language , this time. Bertrand anyway understood my poor way to explain . I noticed now, for the first time, that rear release motor works as long as I pull the knob, when I release it motor stops . I will check fuse 1!.. Thank you!

siscogts 07-07-2018 10:21 AM

Again sorry for my bad bad bad way to explain problems.

Captain_Slow 07-07-2018 11:00 AM

;) It takes a non-native English speaker to understand another. Great tip, Bertrand. If the fuse is replaced and then blows again, what should be checked next?

SteveG 07-07-2018 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by siscogts (Post 15126419)
Sorry my fault. I forgot to write "sorry for my poor language , this time. Bertrand anyway understood my poor way to explain . I noticed now, for the first time, that rear release motor works as long as I pull the knob, when I release it motor stops . I will check fuse 1!.. Thank you!

You write Engl, 1000% better than I write any other language :) If you are holding the button in the "on" position, don't. You only need to pull it once to activate; the motor should make one 360 degree cycle and stop. Unlock with the key and observe the position of the latch. Pulling the button once, momentarily, the motor should run as described above, and return to the original position.

bureau13 07-07-2018 11:56 AM

That fuse blows quite frequently for me. Not sure why. Btw as long as the release motor still works, if you close it after and it won't close all the way, you can go pull the release again and the motor will rotate the mechanism back to where it's supposed to go, if you time it right. Still, it's a pain.

Bertrand Daoust 07-07-2018 12:05 PM

Jon, good question. Not sure what to look at if this one keeps blowing.

Francisco,
+1 to what Steve said. Pulling the button once, momentarily, the motor should run and return to the original position. 360 degree.
If you need to "play" with the button to find the right position for the hach to close properly, that means that it doesn't do the full turn. Check the fuse first.
You might have another problem that is that it's cycling just a bit to far and pull the lever to the open position again. That means it's moving more than the 360 degree that it's suppose to.
But that's another thing.

Check the fuse first.

Don't worry about your English that is not perfect. I'm worse than you! I always try to do my best but I know it doesn't always get out the way I would like… :(

Captain_Slow 07-07-2018 01:35 PM

Francisco - I echo what Steve said...don't ever be concerned about your English. Bertrand - your English is probably better than 50-60% of Americans :)

NOTE: Finding 1 amp fuses is a bit difficult if shopping at a local parts store. Alan sent me a few after I refurbished my CE panel, but I think he said he ordered them in bulk online. I think 1 amp fuses are great Frenzy or other GTG swag - cheap and most of us will need a few eventually.

Bertrand Daoust 07-07-2018 02:03 PM

Thanks Jon. :rockon:

Look at post #6 here.
There is a very good (like always) description from Alan on how this system works.
https://rennlist.com/forums/928-foru...tch-motor.html

siscogts 07-08-2018 02:06 AM

Bertrand R. Pires, Captain slow, all the helpers....Happy to know that my English is decent, anyway FredR come to help and is right if it says have to reach a better step....that reminds me the song "conversation intercom", performed by Soulwax .thank guys. Again.

Within 2 3 hours will check the 1a fuse .. Hope it's that. Otherwise.... I will come back and ask for help. Hopefully in a comprehensible way.

OTR18WHEELER 07-08-2018 06:17 AM

If the hatch will not latch when closing, then the key mechanism in the hatch may be sticking in the unlock position.
Try some graphite powder in the keyhole of the hatch.

FredR 07-08-2018 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by siscogts (Post 15127830)
Bertrand R. Pires, Captain slow, all the helpers....Happy to know that my English is decent, anyway FredR come to help and is right if it says have to reach a better step....that reminds me the song "conversation intercom", performed by Soulwax .thank guys. Again.

Within 2 3 hours will check the 1a fuse .. Hope it's that. Otherwise.... I will come back and ask for help. Hopefully in a comprehensible way.

I prefer an English comprehension problem any day of the week compared to an electrical problem [as I now have] on these damn things. Ironically I have a feeling my problem is probably somewhere in this sub system believe it or not but that is another matter.