Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FS: 944 Turbo and S2 front strut housings

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2017, 04:50 PM
RJ80
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts
Default FS: 944 Turbo and S2 front strut housings

Hi all,

I've got a couple pairs of front strut housings left over from when I owned my S2. Thought I'd offer them here first.

The first pair is actually for an early 951 Turbo (I was told incorrectly that they are the same as S2 struts, but the spring perch is wider, among other differences). This pair is totally gutted and cut down and drilled at the bottom, ready for Koni inserts to be slipped in. This is just the empty housing -- you'll need new Koni inserts, plus top hats and springs from your old car. $60 plus shipping.

The second pair is a set of S2 (or 968) strut housings without springs or top hats. These have not yet been gutted or modified for Konis but I can perform that work if needed, having done this successfully on two sets of housings already. $30 plus shipping or $60 with modifications for Konis completed.

I can paint either of these sets with a spray can of Duplicolor School Bus Yellow, which is about as close to Koni yellow as you can get. Then the housings will match your rear Koni shocks.

These will save anyone some time and effort when it comes to replacing front struts on a 944.

Any interest, just shoot me a PM.
Old 11-02-2021, 12:40 PM
Kevrend
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RJ80
Hi all,

I've got a couple pairs of front strut housings left over from when I owned my S2. Thought I'd offer them here first.

The first pair is actually for an early 951 Turbo (I was told incorrectly that they are the same as S2 struts, but the spring perch is wider, among other differences). This pair is totally gutted and cut down and drilled at the bottom, ready for Koni inserts to be slipped in. This is just the empty housing -- you'll need new Koni inserts, plus top hats and springs from your old car. $60 plus shipping.

The second pair is a set of S2 (or 968) strut housings without springs or top hats. These have not yet been gutted or modified for Konis but I can perform that work if needed, having done this successfully on two sets of housings already. $30 plus shipping or $60 with modifications for Konis completed.

I can paint either of these sets with a spray can of Duplicolor School Bus Yellow, which is about as close to Koni yellow as you can get. Then the housings will match your rear Koni shocks.

These will save anyone some time and effort when it comes to replacing front struts on a 944.

Any interest, just shoot me a PM.
Sorry to resurrect, but did these sell? I couldn’t PM you.
Old 11-02-2021, 12:56 PM
RJ80
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts

I threw these away in 2018.

Quick Reply: FS: 944 Turbo and S2 front strut housings