Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Classic 9 Upholstery NLA

Old 04-24-2017, 04:43 PM
DasSilberWedge
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've read some good things about these guys in the past but have no personal experience with them. They've got a local shop close to my place so think I may eventually make a visit. Might be an option for some?

http://www.heritagetrim.com/
Old 04-25-2017, 01:02 AM
neunfünfeins
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SloMo228
Just decided to quit waiting around and ordered a LHD cover from them after confirming with them that they do make a LHD oval dash cover. I think I may end up buying a spare dash to recover so I can reduce the downtime.

I'll try to remember to document the install when I get around to it.
Please do!
I'd seen their stuff on eBay as well, but haven't seen good pics of one installed or in person. I was wondering about the quality as well, given how budget-friendly it is.

Did you order one for a late airbag dash, or do you happen to know if they can do that?
Old 04-25-2017, 10:03 AM
SloMo228
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by neunfünfeins
Please do!
I'd seen their stuff on eBay as well, but haven't seen good pics of one installed or in person. I was wondering about the quality as well, given how budget-friendly it is.

Did you order one for a late airbag dash, or do you happen to know if they can do that?
I don't have an airbag dash, so I didn't ask. They were pretty quick to respond on eBay, though, so it can't hurt to ask.

I went ahead and installed the center console cover I bought from them a while back. Fitment was pretty good overall, I'd say. I don't have a lot of experience with this sort of thing and I was able to achieve a pretty good result:

I did have to do some trimming but nothing crazy and it was overall easier than expected.
Old 04-25-2017, 10:29 AM
ian
Nordschleife Master

Received 59 Likes on 35 Posts

Well that is a bummer, I was planning on using them for my 89's dash, looks like there will need to be another solution for me.

On a related topic, anyone have a crack free burgundy air bag dash available?
Old 04-25-2017, 12:37 PM
cruise98
Three Wheelin'

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

This is a bummer. I was planning to recover my seats next year.

I have read good things about World Upholstery, but have never used them. www.worlduph.com
No prices listed, and no dashes either. They have been around a long time though.
Old 04-25-2017, 03:54 PM
Jymmybob
Advanced

I bought a shift boot from J F Customs a couple weeks ago and it was the only one out of 3 other boots to actually fit correctly so I was already really pleased with them but now I'm going to try one of those dashes too.
Old 04-25-2017, 04:39 PM
pdxfj
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cruise98
This is a bummer. I was planning to recover my seats next year.
I used Only944's seat recover kit in my car and I was more than impressed with the results. Everyone comments on how nice the leather seats look and are then shocked when I say they are vinyl.

Just thought I would toss that out as an idea...
Old 04-25-2017, 04:53 PM
SloMo228
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by pdxfj
I used Only944's seat recover kit in my car and I was more than impressed with the results. Everyone comments on how nice the leather seats look and are then shocked when I say they are vinyl.

Just thought I would toss that out as an idea...
+1. I also used an Only944 seat cover kit and the results were great. I actually don't mind vinyl on seats because it's lower maintenance and tends to last longer, and the Only944 covers are made with a nice high-quality vinyl that matches well with the leather of the Top Gaiters / j-f-customs console wrap.
Old 04-25-2017, 07:11 PM
MAGK944
Nordschleife Master

Received 295 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by SloMo228
+1. I also used an Only944 seat cover kit and the results were great. I actually don't mind vinyl on seats because it's lower maintenance and tends to last longer, and the Only944 covers are made with a nice high-quality vinyl that matches well with the leather of the Top Gaiters / j-f-customs console wrap.
+1 The Only944 seat covers are very well made out of good quality vinyl. Only thing with vinyl is it gets much hotter than leather if your cars sits outside during the day, not a good thing for a daily driver here in FL. Toasty vinyl will take your skin off.
Old 04-25-2017, 09:48 PM
Jay Wellwood
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 267 Likes on 154 Posts

Another drawback to vinyl is that it doesn't breath or absorb - that is why you sweat and stick to vinyl seats vs leather that breathes and absorbs moisture.
Old 04-25-2017, 11:40 PM
pfarah7
Rennlist Member

Received 227 Likes on 148 Posts

That's why I invested in custom seat covers after finding a great seats without any tears, rips, etc. (The covers are actually matching black although the exposure gave them a tinge of violet).
Attached Images  
Old 04-26-2017, 12:51 AM
951Dreams
Rennlist Member

Received 61 Likes on 46 Posts

My seat covers (covers, the original seats are under there) the PO got from Iggee website. http://www.iggee.com/

I have to say, I REALLY like them. They call them synthetic leather, but they look and fit REALLY nice. They aren't there to cover bad seats, but to try and help them from getting worse. Here's mine>

I thought I had a better picture. I'll try and take one. The drivers seat doesn't normally have that weird looseness in the seat like in that picture. Not sure what he was doing. Anyway, for $199 I really like them and I really like the fit on the Sport Seats....
Old 04-26-2017, 11:04 AM
Jymmybob
Advanced

Originally Posted by neunfünfeins
Please do!

I asked them and they said it covers over the airbag so it's essentially non-operational. I do wonder how hard it would be to either score the backside of the leather in that area or to just cut the section after gluing. I wish they offered it pre-cut because dual airbags was an important selling point for me.
Old 04-27-2017, 01:44 AM
neunfünfeins
Racer

Originally Posted by Jymmybob
I asked them and they said it covers over the airbag so it's essentially non-operational. I do wonder how hard it would be to either score the backside of the leather in that area or to just cut the section after gluing. I wish they offered it pre-cut because dual airbags was an important selling point for me.
Thanks. That's a shame. I'd like to maintain the original function, if nothing else. Not that I ever hope to use the airbag... or expect it to be 100% after nearly 30 years...
Old 04-28-2017, 01:11 PM
black944 turbo
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

If they do start to produce the dash parts again, then jump on it. I have been very happy with the results of my dash that has a classic 9 upper kit on it.

As for seats, I have only 944 covers on my sport seats and I am very pleased with the results. For reference the picture of the sports seats on his website is my seats. They actually fit better now with some use.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Classic 9 Upholstery NLA