Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hagerty Insurance Reviews?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2016, 11:18 PM
vincer77
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

My Hagerty insurance premium on 993 had been creeping up especially after I raised my agreed value to $45k. I ran an online quote with Grundy and they quoted $633 vs Hagerty at $1063. Wow I said.

Shot it over to my agent but she said that the policy underwritten by Philadelphia Insurance Company could not be accepted by my umbrella carrier as it does not have an AM Best rating.
Old 08-31-2022, 12:27 PM
Silver1561
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Hagerty Track Insurance

Originally Posted by CyCloNe!
Hey guys looking for a different insurance provider for my 951. Currently I have progressive but I wish to find something cheaper since the car is no longer a DD but weekend driver with antique tags. I did the online quote from hagerty and it was a better deal just curious for people experiences. Progressive had always treated me well without any issues but I have heard they are typically on the high side.
DO NOT USE HAGERTY! The phone number listed for emergency needs is a sales number. After waiting on hold for 20 minutes the sales person was unable to help me...And actually had NO desire to help me and could not direct me to anyone that could help me. I have now learned they do not cover any mechanical issues either...but I could not get a hold of them to cover ANY issues anyhow.

Old 08-31-2022, 12:40 PM
docwyte
Rennlist Member

Received 488 Likes on 325 Posts

I've used Hagerty for years and never had an issue. They happily replaced the windshield in my 996tt with a new OEM Porsche one, which more than my annual premium to them.

I don't know of any insurance that covers mechanical issues, that's not generally what insurance does. If something breaks on your car, how is that an insurance issue?
Old 08-31-2022, 02:42 PM
Silver1561
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Originally Posted by docwyte
I've used Hagerty for years and never had an issue. They happily replaced the windshield in my 996tt with a new OEM Porsche one, which more than my annual premium to them.

I don't know of any insurance that covers mechanical issues, that's not generally what insurance does. If something breaks on your car, how is that an insurance issue?
I needed a tow. I was unable to contact. Finally got someone on phone...Hagerty had listed the wrong number as contact number on my ONE day track insurance policy.
Old 08-31-2022, 02:49 PM
docwyte
Rennlist Member

Received 488 Likes on 325 Posts

Does track insurance cover towing? Hagerty's Drivers Club does but that's a different policy. I have the car insured with them and then use the drivers club for tow coverage on all my cars.
Old 08-31-2022, 04:59 PM
walfreyydo
Burning Brakes

Received 236 Likes on 204 Posts

Very happy with Haggerty. I told them I race the car occasionally in autocross and HPDE and although they said my car would not be covered for these events, they had no problem with it. Matter of fact, they recommended their "track day" insurance product if I did want to have coverage while participating in those events.

Yearly premium was around the same as State Farm. The nice thing is Haggerty insures your car at your stated value and if you were to lose the vehicle in an accident, they will reimburse you that amount. Furthermore, they have a product called "cherished vehicle" which means they will allow you to have the vehicle after the accident without having to buy it back from them. Your premium is literally based on the stated value and they dont have an assessor make adjustments if your car were in a total loss situation, they just pay you the stated value, done.

In terms of whether track day coverage includes towing, you would have to ask. I am not sure.

Overall a good way to insure a vintage car.

I think I pay about $500-$600 a year for my 89 S2 with a stated value of $15k, but I also added on drivers club and cherished vehicle. No accidents, claims, or tickets in over 15 years, so clean driving record.

Last edited by walfreyydo; 08-31-2022 at 05:04 PM.

Quick Reply: Hagerty Insurance Reviews?