Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FS - 1989 944 Turbo (S) - almost a complete rebuild/up to date maintenance

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2015, 12:16 AM
Ben951S
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up FS - 1989 944 Turbo (S) - almost a complete rebuild/up to date maintenance

**Edit** - Sold to a nice family

I am going to list my 944 Turbo (S) for sale. I finally moved to North NJ and things are starting to settle out.

I will update this post soon, but if there are any early birds, I wanted to have this up.

In short...

1989 Turbo (all 89 Turbos are spec'd as Turbo S, meaning LSD, chassis stiffening brackets, M030 suspension and brakes, Oil Cooler, and trans cooler, harder 1st and second gears (AOR transmission).

128.5k (I've had it since ~90k)
Rebuilt K26/8, @15psi from Tim's turbos
Widefire Head Gasket - Engine pulled from car, new head, bearings, all gaskets, waterpump, timing belt, AOS Reseal
Rogue A-Tune
951S PMR Race Cam [256D, .470lift i/e, stock lobe center]
FabSpeed full 3'' exhaust, with FabSpeed High-Flo cat and straight pipe (V-Bands)
ProSport Electronic Boost, Fuel Pressure, & Wideband O2 (with output if you wanted to log)
2.5bar FPR + new fuel lines
Vacuum kit (Lindsey Racing)
Stock Wastegate
New DME Relay/C&R Sensors + Harness (Lindsey Racing)
AC Works with 'Fake R12' for 2 months at a time, will include refill kit and 2 or 3 cans.
Sport Seats (recovered)
New Windshield (2014, rock chip, insurance)
Refurbished cluster (correct miles, odo gear replaced, everything working/well lit)
Smoke tested and AFM resealed
New Master and Slave Cylinders, pilot and throw-out bearings, clutch (930s) disc has 3/4+ life left
Lots of other things I do not even remember, but most likely have paper docs or PDFs to support.

I have taken the car to Millville NJ (track) as a green student a few times. I did find a few flaws that have since been remedied with the above maintenance! I have gone back 1 or 2 times and had 0 issues, meaning the car is track worthy and reliable. Car has full interior/all creature comforts, it would be a sin to gut the car as a track only car...

White with black interior, pictures coming soon.

Only cons I can think of

1) repainted in 2006 IIRC, Looks good, but nose has rock chips as expected
2) AC needs to be recharged every 2 months or so, not hard, just annoying
3) Interior is worn in, new Lloyds mats would be a nice touch, dash is recovered but it could have turned out a little nicer, have Dash mat if interested
4) Small cosmetic mark on bottom passenger side rocker
5) The snow wheels/tires are 928 Sewer lids, painted black. Forged (lightweight and strong, but not pretty.
6) Sunroof works but one of the three micro switches that tells you to 'stop' doesn't work. Meaning you can open and close it, but if you would the switch past the 'close' mark, you will strip the gears
7) Car was hit in 2013 while parked, door-skin replaced and almost have car repainted/blended by Brandywine Coachworks in West Chester, PA. Clean carfax otherwise.

This is a great Daily or weekend car, or track car with comforts.

Offered at 10k with snow wheels/tires, filters, misc extras. Paperwork available for serious buyers.
And 15w-50 is correct for summer, 0-40 mixed in for winter

Last edited by Ben951S; 05-15-2015 at 11:57 PM.

Quick Reply: FS - 1989 944 Turbo (S) - almost a complete rebuild/up to date maintenance