Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installing aftermarket seats?

Old 11-10-2013, 11:53 AM
turbodave
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Falken
I would love to see that Dave. About an inch lower would be my perfect driving position in this car!

Also, do you mean you've got Recaros sitting on Corbeau sliders?
The seats are Corbeau TRS's (not the TRS Wide) found here: http://www.corbeau.com/products/reclining_seats/trs/

The seat rails are found here: http://www.corbeau.com/service/seat_brackets/

I really don't see how you could get the seat to set any lower unless you bolt them directly to the floor. Hope this helps.
Old 11-11-2013, 12:04 AM
bumflick
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I installed a set of Recaro SRD s in my 86 951. I tried the direct bolt of corbeau sliders to the floor method and had 2 issues: the corbeau sliders are designed to be about 2 inches closer together than the recaro will allow. The handle that connects the two sliders was stretched so far that the stress kept the sliders permanently open, and when I test fitted them, they sat a little low for my taste (I'm 6' 1").

I ended up using brackets from Wedge. Very strong, very sturdy. Three issues:
A little pricy. $200 each, including recaro sliders.
The bolts it came with were Allen head, and useless, based on the design. Had to get hex head bolts and use a ratcheting spanner to get them in to the floor.
The tab for the seatbelt mount protruded too much against the center tunnel. Had to reuse the stock mount. It all works now and appears to a perfect match to the original seat - height, fore-aft range of motion, etc.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Installing aftermarket seats?