Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1988 Porsche 924s

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2013, 03:30 PM
ECS Tuning
Former Vendor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Welcome and congratulations on your purchase. Love the background of the first couple photos and awesome find We offer many parts for your 924S, if you ever need help with a part number feel free to PM me. For more information on what we offer Click Here. Enjoy, it looks like your diving right in.
Old 07-29-2013, 11:30 AM
JReece
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks pretty sweet. I love the background also!
Old 08-22-2013, 12:00 AM
myTUNES
AutoX

Ok, so my car is now not starting. I have checked the DME relay, troubleshooting it with the paperclip trick, I do hear the fuel pump running, so thats a plus. I have since taken off the paperclip and pluged it back in, after a few squirts of starting fluid into the trottle body it starts and runs until the stating fluid runs out. I also removed the cap from the fuel rail and it has gas there. I dont have some else to check fuel pressure any furthet, but it seems there is fuel in the rail. Could it be another relay that maps the injectors? I also removed the number one wire to the number one injector to see if it is a faulty fuel pressure regulator. Any idea fellas? Thanks again
Old 08-22-2013, 02:03 AM
lina944
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Was your car siting before you bought it? Just lived through a horror story regarding a 944 that was sitting for 6+ years and a rusted out gas tank. Would run fine for weeks and the fuel pump would keep going out and injectors would keep clogging. Finally we realized the tank was completely rusted out. Just a thought.

You should take out your fuel rail - with injectors attached - unplug your distributor (as to not involve spark in the situation), lay down a material that can catch the fuel that comes out and have a buddy crank the car. You will then be able to see if any injectors are clogged and if they are all working.
Old 08-23-2013, 09:10 AM
John_AZ
Proprietoristicly Refined
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by myTUNES

Everything on her seems to be in working order; the owner had recently performed an eight hundred dollar tune up. He changed the: distributor cap and button, new plugs, plug wires, belts, fuel pump, fuel filter, master cylinder, and clutch cylinder, according to him.
Originally Posted by myTUNES
Ok, so my car is now not starting.

I have checked the DME relay, troubleshooting it with the paperclip trick, I do hear the fuel pump running, so thats a plus. I have since taken off the paperclip and pluged it back in, after a few squirts of starting fluid into the trottle body it starts and runs until the stating fluid runs out. I also removed the cap from the fuel rail and it has gas there. I dont have some else to check fuel pressure any furthet, but it seems there is fuel in the rail. Could it be another relay that maps the injectors? I also removed the number one wire to the number one injector to see if it is a faulty fuel pressure regulator. Any idea fellas? Thanks again
The PO -previous owner, just had an $800 tune up before you bought the car.

You appear to have read some trouble shooting advice on Clarks-Garage.

You will destroy or damage the main computer if you short a circuit.

Do you have the tach bounce when you initially crank the engine?

Check the reference sensor connections at the back of the engine.

Check the AFM connection.

Keep the battery at full charge. Do not jump the battery-ever.

J_AZ
Old 08-23-2013, 12:38 PM
Dino V
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

nice photoshoot!
Old 09-02-2013, 05:16 PM
myTUNES
AutoX

I do have tach bounce while cranking. I have been so busy with work, i havent had enough time to dig into her more yet. I have a bmw ecu wiz kid freind that wants to take a look at my ecu, maybe a soider came loose. It is more then likly this or injectors are clogged for some reason. I will be removing the fuel rail today along with the ecu for him to take a look at. The car was not sitting previously so i cant figure there is rust in the tank.This car has been well maintained from the factoey, i have a lot of paper work showing this. Thanks again guys, ill keep you posted.
Old 10-25-2014, 05:23 PM
myTUNES
AutoX

So today I have checked a lot of electrical on my Porsche 924s. I have found that I do not have a ground to my coil which is not grounding my plugs, also I have no ground to my injectors. I have positive, but no ground at ignition cranking on either. Could this be as simple as a bad ECU? I have replaced the ref. and speed sensor, put in a new DME relay. I have checked all fuses and they seem fine, no breaks. What am I missing to get this car to start? I’m thinking it’s the ECU, but I would like your input. Thanks Matthew.
Old 10-26-2014, 01:57 AM
PaulD_944S2
Burning Brakes

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Grab a claw hammer and reach under the front spoiler where it's dented in, catch the edge of the spoiler with the claw part of the hammer and gently pull the dent towards (forward) you.

Move the hammer around to different spots of where its pushed in, make more gentle pulls, and you can get the spoiler looking a lot better. Just don't try to pull it out in one stroke.
Old 10-26-2014, 06:35 PM
myTUNES
AutoX

Nothing to do with the question I had, but thanks for that I think. Does anyone have a spare ECU they would be willing to sale?
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: 1988 Porsche 924s