Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

call out - observations

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2001, 02:14 PM
Skip
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Post call out - observations

Who's here so far??? (430 total members so far) I see some familiar names [faces]..

I finally found the bread-n-butter option that makes this format so kewl... you can see all the text/etc... all in one thread. No more clicking on multiple messages.

Also finding some drawbacks though... only moderators can "move" a topic. Also, when you reply to a thread... the reply always goes to the bottom of the string. This will make it vital to use the "" quoted reply if the reply is to something earlier in the string.

Once it gets busy over here, it'll be interesting to see how easy it is to keep up.

Anyone else have any "neat" features to share?
Old 05-31-2001, 02:32 PM
Tabor
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That is what I don't like about this format of web board. There is not a tree structure for the messages. You can not tell who is replying to who.

Hey skip, what spring rates are you using on your car? Is it your daily driver? How comfortable is it?
Old 05-31-2001, 02:41 PM
rpm's S2
Drifting

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
OK I'll bite - how do you enable the bread-and-butter option
Old 05-31-2001, 02:50 PM
Skip
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally posted by Tabor Kelly:
<STRONG>That is what I don't like about this format of web board. There is not a tree structure for the messages. You can not tell who is replying to who.</STRONG>
Yeah, I agree, it's a trade-off I guess. John's right though... we need to move forward. I think there's a bunch more options to the UBB format that are just not implemented/available yet. I see other folks who use these have a bit more comfort built in. John will have it smoothed out soon I'm sure. We'll just keep beating him up

Skip
Old 05-31-2001, 02:57 PM
Skip
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally posted by Tabor Kelly:
<STRONG>Hey skip, what spring rates are you using on your car? Is it your daily driver? How comfortable is it?</STRONG>
[list=1][*]400# Hypercoils front, 30mm T-bars rear (350# effective), 30/19 Sways, Koni Sports.[*]drive it about 3 days per week to work and golfing (10 miles) and always drive to autocross events (200+ miles)[*]NOT VERY!!! The roads around me are okay, but once I get in the city, or worse... I-5 in Tacoma The ride is almost unbearable. I run the street tires a bit soft, but my back still gets a bit sore on long trips. I may be taking 'er down to Portland for Rose Cup... but, wench wants to take the Minivan

Skip
Old 05-31-2001, 03:00 PM
Skip
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally posted by rpm's S2:
<STRONG>OK I'll bite - how do you enable the bread-and-butter option</STRONG>

No actual "b-n-b" option... was just emphasizing one of the desireable traits of this new forum. On the old Web-board you had to click on each message header to see the content... this one shows all the content in one page for a specified thread.

Sorry for any confusion.

Skip

Quick Reply: call out - observations