Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Creating a list of ''trust''

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2013, 01:04 PM
disasterman
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It is important to point out that in the track, high performance and racing cars there has been a significant evolution of technology. Parts, equipment, supplies and setup have changed/improved and continue to do so. If you are looking up somethng on Rennlist keep this in mind. Further, race car set up, build, and equipment is dramatically different than 5 years ago let alone 10 to 15. If you have seen a well set up/winning car at the track, that is the car to emulate and they are few and far between by region.

V8's are the same story, even in the last year and half since I built my car the suppliers, parts and technology are vastly developed and different.

There is no substitute for a few hours researching a subject to gain perspective and figure out which is wheat and which is chaff. There are very few who's knowledge is beyond question on all subjects. The beauty of the open forum is a variety of perspectives from racers to street tuners and doctors to mechanics.
Old 07-03-2013, 02:42 PM
eric951turbo
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Paulyy
Pretty much the reason why i did this.

https://rennlist.com/forums/944-turb...ful-links.html
Wow, I didn't know this thread was still going on until I received an email today.

I am sorry I offended anybody with this, it wasn't my intention.

Thanks for the link to your post Paulyy, this is great information, I've never seen it before. It will be quite useful to me.

I would also like to thank all the people that helped me here during the last years.

Thank you all

Eric
Old 02-10-2014, 12:28 AM
odurandina
Team Owner

Location: one thousand, five hundred miles north of Ft. Lauderdale for the summer.
Received 212 Likes on 153 Posts

all Robstah's posts have vanished.

and with for that matter, Robstah....

vaporized.

controversy seemed to follow nearly every post. and it just seemed to get worse as time went on....

in any case, the reason I'm posting this, is I can't begin to estimate how many threads simply aren't going to make any sense

now that his posts are gone.

as in, vaporized.

and were it not for being most often quoted, we might be left with near to no record he ever existed.

the horror.

Last edited by odurandina; 02-10-2014 at 10:28 AM.
Old 02-10-2014, 03:54 AM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 87 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by odurandina

vaporized.

controversy seemed to follow nearly every post. and it just seemed to get worse as time went on....

in any case, the reason I'm posting this, is I can't begin to estimate how many threads simply aren't going to make any sense

not that his posts are gone.

as in, vaporized.

and were it not for being most often quoted, we might be left with near to no record he ever existed.

the horror.
Gosh, now you have me worry, could this be a FEMA conspiracy? Alien abduction?
Old 02-10-2014, 10:30 AM
odurandina
Team Owner

Location: one thousand, five hundred miles north of Ft. Lauderdale for the summer.

FEMA,

4 years and counting and the natives/old-timers getting mo' restless by the day....

https://rennlist.com/forums/politics...l#post11112844

Originally Posted by polecat702
Guys!
CHECK OUT TeaParty.org, Justice Scalia, predicts "Internment Camps" under Obama's Administration. And Martial Law, plus gun confiscation.

Keep your weapons close at hand!
Originally Posted by Scott Lenger
I'm not afraid of Iran, N. Korea or the Taliban. The U.S. Government, however, scares the crap out of me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jj0op6UA-wk#t=5
Old 02-17-2014, 10:52 PM
Fronkenstein
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Shameless troll: I wonder if you took all the commentary attached to all the subjects in the renn and could weigh them for technical content that had actual contextual value; what the HP to weight radio would be :-D
Old 02-18-2014, 03:22 AM
Butters944
Today I got
My Custom Title
Rennlist Member

My god... Robstah's posts are gone..? I don't believe it. How is that possible??

He will always be remembered through quotes of his asshat remarks.
Old 02-18-2014, 03:27 AM
Butters944
Today I got
My Custom Title
Rennlist Member

Now I can't remember what my first comment was, that I erased.
Old 02-25-2014, 02:49 AM
OakRZB
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by odurandina

vaporized.

now that his posts are gone.

as in, vaporized.

the horror.

Deep, man....
Old 02-25-2014, 05:31 AM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

First time reading this thread, and i was amused to see i was used as an example in one of odurandina's long posts, and surprised that this one actually made sense.

Ive been part of this forum for over a decade and figured i give my 2 cents.

I used to contribute quite a bit here which can be seen by the evidence of my post count. My contributions (if you want to call them that) have tapered off to almost nothing mostly due to time. I was in college during the peak and it was easy to refresh RL while taking breaks from school work. When i started working offshore, i was usually on nights and again..it was easy to hit refresh at 2:30am when all was quiet. I still work offshore, but usually dont have the free time anymore. My time off at home is valuable, so i dont spend too much time browsing the tech forums here any longer. I still check RL, Pelican and the 944Hybrid site daily and have been keeping a build thread on my LS swap just like all of the other pictorial / build threads i did. But short of that and answering the oddball question i can help with i dont post much anymore.

I have noticed RL has changed quite a bit over the last few years and thats all been described well from the other 'old timers' on here. Back 'in the day' RL had a solid base of 20 consistent contributors and it was a great community. Even back then we had the arm chair engineers and those who thought they knew what they were talking about but didnt... to me atleast it was easy to spot them. Nowadays the member number has grown significantly, but the sense of community that i got is mostly gone. I personally prefer the Pelican forum over this one even though the amount of technical knowledge there is maybe a 1/4 of what can be found on RL. And when i mean 'can be found' i mean whats in old posts. Pelican will never match what the old RL community was, but its the closest thing there is.

I also feel that 95% of all questions on here can be answered by looking through old threads. So i dont think much else is left to say. Like i cant even count how many times i have answered the 'how do i put turbo brakes on my n/a" question. Its been well over 7 or 8 years since i did that swap on my n/a, but from typing out the part list so many times i have memorized everything you need including using 1/2 inch washers as spacers for the rear calipers on the trailing arms...

As for why i threw in the towel on the 2.5L platform. Well i had a number of nagging issues with my 2.5L turbo motor prior to my decision to going with the LSx swap. The first was the lean spot issue that was referenced in this thread, second was the externally leaking headgasket (even after i rebuilt the engine). I suspect a warped block was to blame.

I never did find out what the cause of that lean spot was, but i suspect it was an engine harness related issue...even after i had every LR replacement harness leg installed. I looked at my options, continue tracking an aging motor where parts are not necessarily easy to come by (mail order everything), sell the car or go with a engine swap. At the time, there were no replacement engine harnesses available, short of making one myself. I considered going full standalone, but the hardware and tuning are $$$$$ and i still am dealing with an aging engine with its typical shortcomings (fragile head gaskets and barely adequate oiling system). For a track car..those are pretty serious shortcomings.

I actually wish i had sold the car rather than the engine swap, for the amount of money i have into this car right now i could have bought a nice aero package 996 C2 and had it well prepared for track use with an updated IMS bearing, suspension, seats, roll bar and harnesses.

But i love the 944 platform and i am sentimental with the car as it has passed through the hands of friends before me and the story of how i managed to afford the car in college is a good one.

I just got the LS1 swap finished on my car (after 2 years and much $$ spent) and dont have much street miles on it and no track time...so the verdict is still out if it was worth it. I am still fixing some nagging issues, all of which are relatively minor i guess and easily remedied when you consider the scope of the build. With the limited street miles i have on it (less than 300) and even with the annoying problems spoiling the ride i think once i get everything sorted out on it ill be quite happy with it. Now who knows how long it will take to get this car fully sorted.
Old 02-25-2014, 12:16 PM
odurandina
Team Owner

congrats.... wow, I thought everyone saw my long post (#48)

in any case, I'm sure you'll get the nagging issues worked out soon.

btw, I'm expecting my V8 (968) operational by April 20th...

I went all in topping $37 k (engine/tranny/swap)

wow,

I had forgotten about Robstah's warm thoughts offered on this one.

he was like, f_ck yah's all without even being singled out....

Originally Posted by robstah
What happened to Rennlist? Well, part of it is calling people who question some of this bull**** that is posted on here ********. Call someone an ******* and guess what, they don't want to help anymore. This place goes down the tubes and threads like this appear.

And by the way, I'm done on here..... You guys deserve what you get with this cesspool of misinformation you call a forum. Try not to run the intelligent folk out next time.

I forgot, did Robstah go V8??
Old 02-25-2014, 03:17 PM
xschop
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Robstah swapped in a 5.3
I was o.k. with his crassiness. I will listen to an experienced crass rather than an ignorant crass.

Odu, your next avatar needs to be a countdown clock to..... April 20th

Last edited by xschop; 02-25-2014 at 03:33 PM.
Old 02-25-2014, 07:12 PM
shortyboy
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts

Definitely not JohnKoaWood, who in which I paid for an SFR intercooler. Did what he asked and paid via PayPal Gift to save him on fees. Well, I just found out who has the intercooler I've paid for, lol.
Old 02-25-2014, 08:56 PM
Will Feather
Three Wheelin'

I honestly don't post here as much as I used too. When I joined this forum, I was young in high school and eager to learn. Of course I asked some noob questions, but was smart enough to teach myself and utilize the functions of searching, and other sources of info (clarks, pelican, ect).

I agree with Techno that most tech questions can be solved by searching. But I do feel that this forum, should stay just that. A forum for people to come and learn and discuss. At this point, I have learned alot and could probably contribute much more. But i just don't have the time or energy to post. But at the end of the day, I don't know everything, and there is always something to learn. So I stay!

New faces need to realize that this is not a Honda forum. You can't expect to post a question and get spoon fed the answer right away. That takes away from the spirit of a tech forum, learning!

The more you learn, the more you realize how much you don't know. Once you realize this, the real learning begins.
Old 02-26-2014, 03:41 PM
tifosiman
Race Director

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Techno Duck
First time reading this thread, and i was amused to see i was used as an example in one of odurandina's long posts, and surprised that this one actually made sense.

Ive been part of this forum for over a decade and figured i give my 2 cents.

I used to contribute quite a bit here which can be seen by the evidence of my post count. My contributions (if you want to call them that) have tapered off to almost nothing mostly due to time. I was in college during the peak and it was easy to refresh RL while taking breaks from school work. When i started working offshore, i was usually on nights and again..it was easy to hit refresh at 2:30am when all was quiet. I still work offshore, but usually dont have the free time anymore. My time off at home is valuable, so i dont spend too much time browsing the tech forums here any longer. I still check RL, Pelican and the 944Hybrid site daily and have been keeping a build thread on my LS swap just like all of the other pictorial / build threads i did. But short of that and answering the oddball question i can help with i dont post much anymore.

I have noticed RL has changed quite a bit over the last few years and thats all been described well from the other 'old timers' on here. Back 'in the day' RL had a solid base of 20 consistent contributors and it was a great community. Even back then we had the arm chair engineers and those who thought they knew what they were talking about but didnt... to me atleast it was easy to spot them. Nowadays the member number has grown significantly, but the sense of community that i got is mostly gone. I personally prefer the Pelican forum over this one even though the amount of technical knowledge there is maybe a 1/4 of what can be found on RL. And when i mean 'can be found' i mean whats in old posts. Pelican will never match what the old RL community was, but its the closest thing there is.

I also feel that 95% of all questions on here can be answered by looking through old threads. So i dont think much else is left to say. Like i cant even count how many times i have answered the 'how do i put turbo brakes on my n/a" question. Its been well over 7 or 8 years since i did that swap on my n/a, but from typing out the part list so many times i have memorized everything you need including using 1/2 inch washers as spacers for the rear calipers on the trailing arms...
x2!

Jeremy

Quick Reply: Creating a list of ''trust''