Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Refresh Champagne Interior Carpet

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2013, 07:12 PM
Ky944TurboNewbie
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Refresh Champagne Interior Carpet

Working on my interior instead of the engine for a change. I bought a Champagne set of carpet from another Rennlister and cleaned it and painted it with SEM Color Coat in Palamino. Not an exact match, but pretty good if not just a little darker.

Here is a pic of the original Champagne (lighter) from a spot that never saw the sun and the SEM Palamino (darker).

I will post more pics later.

Old 06-22-2013, 07:25 PM
86 951 Driver
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How does the carpet feel after the paint?
Old 06-23-2013, 10:34 PM
Ky944TurboNewbie
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After the paint, you need to use a soft bristle brush on the carpet. With a little work, it feels almost normal. I can tell, but I doubt anyone else would.

Here is the picture show.

This is the champagne carpet I started with. Pretty good shape, but faded in places.

Starting to get the paint on.

Everything set out for the install.

First panel is in. I was able to salvage the clips.

One more panel and finished up the hatch.

Making progress on the rest of the car.

The nearly finished project:

From the other side with a floor mat. Wish I could find the drivers side to match this one. Now that I have decent carpet, I will need to figure out what I want to put down to protect it.

My parking brake switch broke and I still need to put in the carpet by the drivers footwell. I have a broken handle next on the list and will do the carpet at the same time as I fix that.

I also need to paint the carpet on the doors.

Lastly, I broke my parking brake switch and get to replace that. It was pretty nasty, I am surprised it was working before. I looked at it and it basically split in two.

Took longer than I would have liked, but I fixed a few things while I was in there. Finally installed that last rear speaker. Got the window in easy this time. I also wired my 3rd brake light properly.

Quick Reply: Refresh Champagne Interior Carpet