Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Badge or No Badge
Put the Badge On
37.50%
Keep her off
62.50%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

We Don't Need No Stinkin' Badges

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2013, 01:14 AM
CyCloNe!
Rennlist Member

Received 124 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by robstah
No worries, I just feel your pain. When I bought my car, the previous owner, outside of bending all the valves on the original motor, also hit what looked like a trailer hitch and put a big dent in the header panel. I ended up with another one from Josh B. and resprayed it with what should have been a color match spray paint, but the tint was off. In certain light and from a distance, it looks fine, but you can definitely pick it out up close.

As we speak, I'm tearing down my car and prepping it for some paint. Inka Orange, to be exact.

Wow Rob that'll look great, of course I've always been a sucker for orange on a 951 especially with a v8 lol.
Old 05-18-2013, 02:11 AM
FRporscheman
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

First off, Cyclone I think you have a really nice car. I actually love Zermatt Silver and I know from experience that it's a hard color to match perfectly.

My blue 968 has peeling clear coat on the roof, so I feel your pain there too.

I think the stage V header is a nicely made piece, I just don't like it. IMHO, it messes up the shape of the front of the car, and I don't really like the way it looks. But don't mind me!

I wouldn't try the magnet, the emblem may fly off at speed and hit the windshield. I don't think a magnet would work through sheet metal though, the metal will act like a mirror for the magnet.

Quick Reply: We Don't Need No Stinkin' Badges