Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

S.F./Bay Area Pizza Run Sat. 24 November!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2001, 10:36 PM
Danno
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Post S.F./Bay Area Pizza Run Sat. 24 November!!!

Alright, it's that time of year again. Let's get together for the annual S.F. Bay Area Pizza Run !!!

We'll meet on Saturday 9am at the 76 gas-station in Saratoga at the corner of Hwy9/Big Basin Way, Saratoga Ave. and Saratoga-Sunnyvale. Here's a map to the station:14395 Big Basin Way

Figured we can drive over the hill to Santa Cruz or up north towards Woodside and San Francisco. Ending up at Jake's Pizza was a great way to finish the gathering. Photos from last year's Run can be found here: 951_racerX website

Looking forward to see y'all there! -danno
Old 11-18-2001, 02:27 AM
DanD
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Hey Danno,
Looks like I might be able to go after all. My Son will join us too. We're ready for a ride
We'll know for sure after we talk to the family about Thanksgiving plans.
Sounds like fun
DanD
Old 11-21-2001, 03:11 PM
Andrew
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is this good for all P-car owners? I have a friend with a 912 and another with a 911 and another with a 928 and a ... well you get the idea! Let me know and if it is cool I'll let them know too. thanks

-Andrew
87 951
(Hwy 9 is my proving ground!)
Old 11-21-2001, 08:16 PM
fletch.
Instructor

I'll be there, gotta drive down from Pacifica, can someone e-mail a phone number in case I have trouble finding the place?

thanks
Old 11-21-2001, 08:25 PM
fletch.
Instructor

I just recruited Doc (AKA Lance). He hit the wall at Sears last weekend, but that wont stop him. Now if I can only get the wife excited about this stuff……
Old 11-21-2001, 08:38 PM
DanD
Addict
Rennlist Member

Check out his pics from last year. There was a good assortment of cars.
2000 SF Pizza run
Sounds like there might be a good turnout. I keep hearing about others that are going.
My son and I have a 2 hour drive to get there, coming in from the central valley. Maybe we'll have company too, Jim? The good news is there are good roads along the way
DanD

Dan and the Duce...
Old 11-21-2001, 09:54 PM
Danno
Race Director

[quote]Is this good for all P-car owners? I have a friend with a 912 and another with a 911 and another with a 928 and a ... well you get the idea! <hr></blockquote>Come one and all, no discrimination on Porsche models allowed! Alright! Let's get this party on the road! I've got the following people confirmed:

Wow, that's one clean car Dan! I'll see if I can't pull off some more pictures off my tape from last year and update that website. Perhaps a few short video sequences too. See ya! -danno

P.S. you guys can call me at my brothers place in Sunnyvale if you have any questions, (408) 735-1686
    Old 11-24-2001, 12:27 AM
    DanD
    Addict
    Rennlist Member

Bump,

Join us tomorrow!
    Jim and I might be a tad late depending on the amount of early shoppers.
    See you there.
    DanD
    Old 11-24-2001, 05:21 AM
    Danno
    Race Director

The weather reports predicts rain. So perhaps we'll just take a leisurely ride over the hill. Maybe stay on the main Skyline road and try to get in good views and come back near Stanford. And then hang out at Jake's Pizza in Saratoga to warm up. See ya - danno

P.S. Who's BUMP?
    Old 11-24-2001, 04:55 PM
    fletch.
    Instructor

What a drag, I had to pass, the rain was to much for me, plus my garages was full of water this morning.

Everyone have a good time?
    Old 11-24-2001, 09:22 PM
    DanD
    Addict
    Rennlist Member

Fletch, Bummer you couldn't make it. There were 8 or 9 cars that made the run. And a few extra souls that braved the elements. It turned out good weather wise, just a few bursts of rain otherwise a mixture of sun and sprinkles. (sound like a weatherman).
    We even got some much needed autocross practice in, dodging obstacles in the road made us keep on our toes. Everyone toned it down nicely and made it home in one piece. One of the guys did a ballet dance in front of me but it ended up being very minor.
    Most everyone joined us afterwards for pizza. Jim Cooper brought his 'Cooper Cup' to prove that it exists. Afterwards he took me on a tour of roads that skipped most of the boring freeways back to the valley.
    We need to do it again soon. (maybe when the roads are dry).
    Loads o fun...
    DanD
    Old 11-25-2001, 01:08 AM
    Danno
    Race Director

Hey we had a great time. Quite an exercise in evasive driving!!! Here's some photos from the drive.
    Leaving the 76 station:

Danno heading up a hill...
    Evasive maneuvers!!!
    Hanging out at the top of Skyline...

The gang hanging out a Jake's Pizza afterwards.
    I think it's about time for that So.Cal Pizza Run that John Anderson's been talking about.
    Old 11-25-2001, 11:55 AM
    DanD
    Addict
    Rennlist Member

Notice the branches in the 4th photo. That was pretty typical. Also, Danno, did you plan to have a rainbow in that last picture?
    Old 11-26-2001, 06:10 PM
    Andrew
    Instructor

this was lots of fun but...with all those branches and whatnot i believe they are the cause of my new power steering problems. The system leaks now...

-Andrew
    Old 11-26-2001, 10:09 PM
    deni durrell
    Three Wheelin'

no one would be able to understand how much crap was on the road without being there and hearing the "thud, crack, thud, crack" from running over debris.

not only that, but my right front bracket (underneath , holding the spoiler in place) was bent all the way back and ripped from the plastic, and upon closer inspection, the spoiler was crunched from below and to the side, knocking the aim of the foglight up and to the right. that was from my little spinout into the side of the hill that Dan missed getting on video... bummer.. cheap entertainment for all, i guess.

however - it was worth the fun!!

andrew: at least your ps problems can take your mind off of transmissions, right? (hehe)

anytime for LA and i'm up for it, always hungry for pizza, even if it's 400 (+/-) miles away (!).

Quick Reply: S.F./Bay Area Pizza Run Sat. 24 November!!!