Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My History And The Building of my "LS44"

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2011, 12:57 PM
marky522
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok, its been awhile, but i have made quite a bit of progress... Going on its second drive tonight, but will hopefully be able to go higher than 1500 RPMS with throttle cutting out. ( Was flashed wrong, didnt change from Auto to manual so Torque management was PISSED OFF and would take throttle away) So i wasnt a happy camper, but i was able to screw with the PRNDL wiring at the PCM and fix it till i get Tuning software!

It appears i succeded in my quest for a clean engine bay! The air filter will be under the nose panel, i just need to trim the cross-bar, but im going to wait till I have a new radiator and gut everything between the rails, and make a bolt in panel since I always drop the engine in from the top it will make it a little easier. I also amd going to get a new plastic cowl cover and make aluminum covers for the left and right of the cowl.

This just shows my heater hoses, and all the room in front of the engine! I have part numbers for the hoses, they worked GREAT!!! Just found them at Advance with my measurements!

Clutch and Brake master, fed from two hidden reseviours, I actually mounted the clutch master from the inside of the firewall, had to make a oval hole, but its not noticable and allowed me to use stock pushrod!

A shot of the steering shaft and headers from the front.

Passenger clearance, plenty, almost wish I had moved the engine slightly to the Passenger side but will need to clearance crossmember for my headers now! Dipstick tube needs to be shortened alot!

Coolant reseviour and heater control valve, my hose routing neds to be cleaned up a bit, but it all holds pressure!

Overhead view of clutch/Brake master setup, need a longer wire for the #8 coil, need slightly longer wires for all of them, Suggestions?

Firewall clearances, I need to cover the fuel lines in my braided loom, just wanted to verify no leaks!

My hidden reseviours... Whats missing.... Didnt realize till AFTER i welded my mounting brackets in...

Steering shaft modified and installed, I got a S10 collapsable steering shaft, cut out a chunk of the slip fit Double D only cost me $10, for exaclty what Summit wanted $90 for....

Side view...
Old 08-10-2011, 01:44 PM
docwyte
Rennlist Member

Received 486 Likes on 324 Posts

Looks good!!
Old 08-10-2011, 02:01 PM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry.. been waiting to post it...

Quick Reply: My History And The Building of my "LS44"