Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any interest in an interior? Mushroom and black.

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 07:23 PM
67King
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Any interest in an interior? Mushroom and black.

Track car is having a cage put in. I had planned to keep the interior "just in case," but it is just taking up a lot of space. The headliner got pretty torn up being removed, and the dash is staying. But, the carpet, rear carpet, front and rear seats, console, and door panels are all available. If anyone is looking to change colors, the lower pad on the dash has stayed very in tact, so it can be moved over to a new car, as well. I suppose I'd take $500 for all of it, plus shipping. The only caveat is that some of the carpet around the trans tunnel in the rear stayed attached with the glue, and pulled through the backing (strange, I've never seen it happen).

Here are a few pictures. If there is any serious interest in it, I can take it all out, and take more and better pictures. Mostly gauging interest, now.
Attached Images       
Old 02-10-2011, 08:28 PM
elzergone
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm very interested!!

Depending on shipping costs that is. Would it be a package deal only?
Old 02-10-2011, 08:46 PM
67King
Race Car

Originally Posted by elzergone
I'm very interested!!

Depending on shipping costs that is. Would it be a package deal only?
What part are you interested in? I'd rather just deal with it once, but I'm not stupid or arrogant enough to think that a seller can't be flexible!
Old 02-10-2011, 09:34 PM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by 67King
What part are you interested in? I'd rather just deal with it once, but I'm not stupid or arrogant enough to think that a seller can't be flexible!

I am intrigued more than interested... rear 3 point seat-belt carpet, but lap belts installed... looks to be VERY clean interior, but exterior has been resprayed different than original color, and appears to be in process of more body / paint work... interior bits seem to be VERY clean and in good shape... too bad I am getting AWAY from linnen interior...

WTF did the PO do to this poor car...

Sorry for getting off topic...
Old 02-10-2011, 11:11 PM
67King
Race Car

Originally Posted by JohnKoaWood

I am intrigued more than interested... rear 3 point seat-belt carpet, but lap belts installed... looks to be VERY clean interior, but exterior has been resprayed different than original color, and appears to be in process of more body / paint work... interior bits seem to be VERY clean and in good shape... too bad I am getting AWAY from linnen interior...

WTF did the PO do to this poor car...

Sorry for getting off topic...
Glad you found that funny! I just put it there because it seems that I see plenty of ads where sellers come across that way. I, for one, find it a bit of a turn off, and will go elsewhere if someone like that is trying to sell something I'm looking to buy. Just didn't want anyone to think I was inflexible because I said I wanted to sell it as a whole.

Old pictures. As I said, I was trying to gauge interest. I'd planned to keep the interior, it is all boxed up, but I need to free up some storage space. So I just found some pictures I had. And the interior is not linen, I *think* it is that "mushroom" color. It has more brown than linen does, but less orange than beige. Great color, IMHO.

Here is some info on why you see it as you do:
https://rennlist.com/forums/924-931-...oject-car.html

So yes, I painted the car, getting rid of the horrible respray that was half on it when I bought it.

Thread by the guy from whom I bought it:
https://rennlist.com/forums/924-931-...f-day-1-a.html

I've put 1200 miles on the car since I bought it, zero miles on those seats since the pictures were taken. So the pictures are pretty representative. And the interior is stored in a closet off of my (climate controlled) basement.

The car has a few funny things. I know that Colin has parted out several cars, maybe the seat belts were somehow swapped around by him, I don't know. I have shoulder belts if someone wants or needs them, though. It is an 88, but has an 86 transmission (cooling loop). It does not have the option for the rear shoulder restraints, so I know that it origincally never had them, but I suspect the most likely scenario is that it just came that way from the factory. It isn't all that unusual to have provisions for options that don't exist.

No sweat on the OT - I appreciate a free bump
Old 02-11-2011, 01:46 AM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by 67King
Glad you found that funny! I just put it there because it seems that I see plenty of ads where sellers come across that way. I, for one, find it a bit of a turn off, and will go elsewhere if someone like that is trying to sell something I'm looking to buy. Just didn't want anyone to think I was inflexible because I said I wanted to sell it as a whole.

Old pictures. As I said, I was trying to gauge interest. I'd planned to keep the interior, it is all boxed up, but I need to free up some storage space. So I just found some pictures I had. And the interior is not linen, I *think* it is that "mushroom" color. It has more brown than linen does, but less orange than beige. Great color, IMHO.

Here is some info on why you see it as you do:
https://rennlist.com/forums/924-931-...oject-car.html

So yes, I painted the car, getting rid of the horrible respray that was half on it when I bought it.

Thread by the guy from whom I bought it:
https://rennlist.com/forums/924-931-...f-day-1-a.html

I've put 1200 miles on the car since I bought it, zero miles on those seats since the pictures were taken. So the pictures are pretty representative. And the interior is stored in a closet off of my (climate controlled) basement.

The car has a few funny things. I know that Colin has parted out several cars, maybe the seat belts were somehow swapped around by him, I don't know. I have shoulder belts if someone wants or needs them, though. It is an 88, but has an 86 transmission (cooling loop). It does not have the option for the rear shoulder restraints, so I know that it origincally never had them, but I suspect the most likely scenario is that it just came that way from the factory. It isn't all that unusual to have provisions for options that don't exist.

No sweat on the OT - I appreciate a free bump
CRAP, I remember that.. never connected that it was you who bought it!

In 88 I know the rear 3 point belts were an option (my 88 NA HAS the option, but is missing one belt and some pieces I am going to be ordering to complete it) BUT the rear carpet is DIFFERENT for the rear 3 point belt optioned cars, as are the mounts inside the fenders... if the car wasn't optioned such, the mounts for the belts were never put in (they are welded to the chassis of the car)

Yes I know it isn't unusual for pieces of options to exist without the opting being on the car, but I have also seen 88 models WITHOUT the 3 points, that didn't have the rear carpet... I bet if you check where the humps in the carpet were, the mounts aren't there... I took pictures for someone a while back for someone asking how to retrofit the rear 3 point belts on his 88, and he found out it would require him to weld in the mounts.... he abandoned the idea..

I have been looking for 3 years for rear carpet with the rear seat belt humps.. paid for it earlier today!
Old 02-11-2011, 08:56 AM
67King
Race Car

Originally Posted by JohnKoaWood
........but I have also seen 88 models WITHOUT the 3 points, that didn't have the rear carpet... I bet if you check where the humps in the carpet were, the mounts aren't there... !
Actually, the supports ARE there. Maybe it was a running change, I'm not sure. But the supports and carpet are there, and the VIN reflects lap belts only. Who knows.
Old 02-11-2011, 09:07 AM
CyCloNe!
Race Car

Received 121 Likes on 103 Posts

dang that's a deal i want it... let me see how far away you are

Dang 9 hrs...mmm... why don't we just trade cars, mine doesn't have airbags
Old 02-11-2011, 09:56 AM
67King
Race Car

Originally Posted by CyCloNe!
dang that's a deal i want it... let me see how far away you are

Dang 9 hrs...mmm... why don't we just trade cars, mine doesn't have airbags
Greyhound will ship large stuff pretty cheap.

Looking like I need to get this stuff out and get more pictures this weekend!
Old 02-11-2011, 12:59 PM
FabilichuS
Racer

I wan't the front seat belts with bolts and plastic if they are in ok - good condition
Old 02-14-2011, 12:13 PM
dontnow
Pro

Any idea on shipping to Phoenix, AZ. I heard a person has to pick up the packages at the bus depot?
Old 02-14-2011, 03:49 PM
67King
Race Car

Originally Posted by dontnow
Any idea on shipping to Phoenix, AZ. I heard a person has to pick up the packages at the bus depot?
Yes, it would have to be picked up. Having said that, the interior is sold pending a few details.
Old 03-29-2011, 01:10 PM
elzergone
Pro

I'm the buyer that had to pull out Just wanted to let everyone know that Harry is great to work with, and this is a great deal.

If someone doesn't grab these I'm going to have to get unpleasantly creative with my bank account!
Old 07-03-2011, 12:55 PM
67King
Race Car

Bump. Anyone interested by any chance?
Old 07-03-2011, 06:14 PM
speedfreek155
Advanced

PM sent

Quick Reply: Any interest in an interior? Mushroom and black.