Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LR Digital MAF maps

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2002, 09:49 AM
pikey7
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post LR Digital MAF maps

Just wondering if anyone out there has started tuning with this yet? I'm about to start, but I'd like to get a closer spec to my car than what is listed on LR's website. No panic if I don't get a response here, but.......

Anyways.. Stage V turbo, #52 injectors, stage 2 MAF, AFPR, LR wastegate, HKS boost controller, stage II intercooler.
Old 11-13-2002, 11:10 AM
BartW
Racer

I am not familiar with the set up you are running and am sort of new to Porsches in general but I did use to run a flow bench calibrating mass air meters. Is the mass air unit you have one of the Pro-FLow technologies units?? If so I can tell you that when I worked there, we final flowed all meters after calibrating them, the final flow sheet would be included with the meters and should provide exact voltage readings at the CFM flowing through the meter. Check to see if the distributor you bought your meter from included that sheet.
Old 11-13-2002, 11:17 AM
pikey7
Drifting

Hi Bart,

It is the pro-flow unit purchased through Lindsey Racing as their own kit. They didn't send anything like the final calibration sheet through with the kit! Do you know which model they use for their kits, as there are some standard set-ups included in the software bundle (I assume for standard FORD applications) If you do however have some of the calibration sheets still though, I would appreciate whatever i can get! Thanks.
Old 11-13-2002, 12:18 PM
BartW
Racer

here is the thing, I worked there for a while back in 1996 so I don't remember 100% but I think that if you look at the black box, it should have a Pro-Flow serial number inscribed into it, if I remember correctly you may be able to get the flow information through pro-flow with this number, I am not sure but I think when we assigned the serial number to them it was during the final flow and some of the information was stored in the computer. Each meter is unique, the calibration is within a few percent lean or rich, you just try to get it as close as you can usually within 5% erring on the rich side (ford only requires 20% accuracy from the factory) The 75mm unit that you have is sold for Mustangs as a "Bullet" meter, it is not as high a quality as the Pro-M which is about double the price but is a very small trade off for half the price. The main difference besides a small flow rate decrease in the two is that the 75mm creates a little more "air noise" which is just slight disturbances in the flow of air across it that make the calibration jump a little. It is a very high quality unit though. Not to dissapoint you but the materials used to create it add up to about $27 (something like $10 for the ford electronics, $7 for the chrome tube and a few bucks for the plastic piece that mounts on top with rivets) and the rest is calibrating which takes about 5 minutes, then it has to baked and then final flowed for another 5 minutes. I do not remember the specifics but I do know that the Porsche curves we used in calibrating were completely different and unassociated with the Ford curves. Lindsey probably converts the signal with something for the Porsche computer to read it. Maybe you can tell me how the Porsche's computer asseses the signal from the factory meter? I can tell you that your meter takes a 5v voltage signal and the box on top is full of weldplate resistors, the wires as they cool off from the air running across them change resistance and send a different voltage back for the computer to calculate.

Quick Reply: LR Digital MAF maps