Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Post your race stories here!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2002, 12:40 PM
LastV8
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Understood.
Old 04-14-2002, 02:41 PM
lostvipor944
Intermediate

Cool

too many races to remember! i know its a bad habit, but i'm always tempted to blow the ricers(no offence). i've won a lot but i'll admit that i've lost a few too. i only have an '83 944 na, but it is so fun! the track is the best place to race though, i feel a lot more safe.

-what's the fastest any of ya'll have taken a turn/curve?
-Brett
Old 04-14-2002, 08:59 PM
Danno
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
"-what's the fastest any of ya'll have taken a turn/curve?"

How about 133mph around turn-8 at Willow Springs?
Old 04-15-2002, 03:06 AM
Turby
Banned

Damm that sounds like fun.........I gotta get some track time.
Old 04-15-2002, 01:13 PM
Jeff928S4
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I must say - I really do enjoy the racing stories, to some extent - BUT, I enjoy track stories wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more than street ones.

Why? Cause street racers basically can't drive as well as track racers (duh!!). Why would I want to hear a story about someone vs a Ricer when I can hear cool stuff like "dial" racing, etc - it so much more informative and interesting.

Why would I want to hear the scores of the East Coast Hockey League when I'm interested in the NHL scores - know what I mean?? Steet racing is, well, boring. It never really gets anywhere and how does anyone really know who won??

Lets hear some more track stories and save the "I know I was young - but I......" stories for the people who cannot control the part of their brain that causes excitement over unexciting things. I know we all get a rush out of going fast and even more of a rush out of going faster than someone else - but what really is the point?? There will always be someone faster, so why bother? Think about that and perhaps the rush will lessen. Everytime you think of street racing, realize that even if you win - you will lose eventually and if you do win, what kind of reward is there? Not really any other than that male bravado being stroked. If you need your bravado stroked, hold open a door for an unattractive lady or volunteer at Big Brothers/Big Sisters - now those things make you a man!!!!

Wanna know how to get a rush AND put those pesky "riceboys and such" in their place? Try learning how to drive really good off the street and take those skills to the street and do an occasional wicked drift of such when going around a corner in front of the Riceboys or whomever. Show them that you have a performance car driven by a performance driver.....two things they don't, nor may never have.

Much more gratifying than making a hunk of metal go fast.
Old 04-15-2002, 02:12 PM
TheJonesBoy
Advanced

I was on the road at 3AM, in my 87 944na. The road was completely empty. 2 cars came up on me quick. They slammed on their brakes, got pretty far away again, and then came up quick again. They were doing low speed (~40 to 80 MPH) acceleration runs. One was a talon, and the other a mid 80's VW golf. The talon passed me and kept going, but the golf pulled next to me, revved his engine, and slowed down. I followed his lead. We slowed to about 45 (it was a 65 zone) and then both gunned it. He pulled ahead quite a bit, and we both slowed at about 70. It was amazing, but it seemed like he was holding back! When we were side by side, doing the speed limit, he revved his engine several times, and then SMOKED HIS TIRES at 65. Race was over before we started. I caught up to him, we slowed down to about 30 and I asked him what the hell he did to that poor car. He just finished installing a supercharger, and IIRC nitrous. To this day I can't believe the drivetrain and engine held up to the power he was putting out. I am sure that engine didn't last long.

To the people that complain about street racing, I agree it is dumb. But on an open, straight, empty road, it is not that bad. If there were any other cars around, I would never do it. I prefer having my fun on curvy mountain roads and offramps. A good 15 mph turn at 25 mph beats a high speed run anyday.
Old 04-15-2002, 10:58 PM
lordgrommit
Instructor

Myrtle Beach SC in I think 85 ish..

I was in my friends 1968 Camero RS/SS Convertible 400CID with two speed and a hood tach blue with white top and stripes.. the tops down it's about 5 the cruize zone opens up on one end to four lanes of Highway.. We are in the middle lane when a SVO mustang pulled up beside us. the back hatch was open and about four guys were swizzling beer and yelling at us.. The T-Tops were off and this guy is reving his massive 2.x Turbo Motor. Ziing ziing ziing... My buddy puts the car into Neutral and Revs the engine ..Growwwlll Growelll you can feel this damm thing rev.. I tap him on the shoulder and ask him if he realizes that there is a State Trooper about three cars back.. the Light turns green both motors rev the SVO dropps the clutch and burns rubber off the line the hatch slams down on the guys in the back and he's gone...my friend lets the car idle down..puts it into gear and idles off the line... just as the roar of a V8 Chrysler goes by with the foot on the floor and the gumball machine lit.. about two miles down the road they are on the side pouring out beer and tickets are already starting to line the hood...

"Just another ****ty day in Paradise" Jimmy Buffet

Matt

Quick Reply: Post your race stories here!!!!!!!!