Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Koni hacksaw conversion

Old 07-16-2010, 12:35 AM
JimGinKC
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my friends helped me do the conversion on the S2 cab - turned out great. we're set to help another friend on here next Sat in SD
Old 07-16-2010, 11:21 AM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

here is a DIY for the E36. Same thing.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.understeer.com/e36m3koni.shtml
Old 07-16-2010, 05:49 PM
James Chimney
User

Originally Posted by harrisonrick View Post
...what would the front koni's setting be to balance versus the bilstein hd's? A mid setting twist or two?
fronts are real easy you just turn a dial, rears you have to take the bottom bolt off and remove the foam rubber stop , push all the way in and turn.
Old 07-16-2010, 07:10 PM
threedspeed
Addict
Rennlist Member

Don't think he was asking how to adjust Koni's rather - what setting (how much to twist dial) - since he is using Koni's in front and bilstein in rear. I had the same question about where to adjust my Koni's when I recieved them
Old 07-16-2010, 08:14 PM
James Chimney
User

Originally Posted by threedspeed View Post
Don't think he was asking how to adjust Koni's rather - what setting (how much to twist dial) - since he is using Koni's in front and bilstein in rear. I had the same question about where to adjust my Koni's when I recieved them
not sure how they will match up the the bilstein's as i said the fronts are very easy, start at the softest setting and try them to the firmest till you feel they match.
Old 07-17-2010, 06:42 AM
tifosiman
Super User

If I missed that someone else already mentioned this excuse me as I am in Shenzen, China for a few weeks and the time difference always messes with me.

Unless you are upgrading the rear torsion bars or adding helper coil-overs in the rear, don't go over 200lbs for the front spring rate. These cars already understeer from the factory. More spring rate in the front without upping the rear REALLY makes that worse.

Just my two cents.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Koni hacksaw conversion

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: