Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

KW Coilover Information Needed!

Old 03-12-2010, 04:03 AM
YoungerThan944
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

E&OE ("Errors and omissions excepted") is the standard disclaimer used to limit vendor liability for pricing advertising errors. If the guy really was going to take a bath to the tune of $1000, and realised it before he shipped you the goods, it's not likely you're going to see the item.
Hmm. So basically if what I hope will happen happens, it won't end up going through. Being a warehouse operation with room for error is my next strand to grasp in this thinning rope of hope

But then again, there's also the one about fools and angels...
Unfortunately, there is that saying. I'm going to go with the "Fortune favours the brave" one.
Old 03-12-2010, 04:24 AM
Mark944na86
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd go for it -- but just make sure you have some back-up with respect to fraud protection if it all goes pear-shaped. My experience with eBay's new Buyer Protection scheme is that it works -- but you've got to make sure you do everything within the time limits, etc. I've got my money refunded from one would-be scammer. He was a smooth one, too.

OTOH, eBay won't enforce the completion of the sale. If you buy something, and the seller changes his mind, once the seller has refunded you your money, that's the end of it as far as eBay is concerned. I've had this happen to me a couple of times -- nothing really you can do about it.
Old 03-12-2010, 07:22 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 93 Likes on 76 Posts

Something smells rotten here. It's just too cheap and too easy. I dunno...weird....but Chinese knock off keeps coming into my head. I mean 10 sets at $1000 less than the going rate?????

See if you can find other guys that have bought from him and contact them perhaps??

I don't have the V3's but even those springs look a bit different to mine. What about some of you guys with the V3s, what do you think?

Last edited by 333pg333; 03-12-2010 at 07:57 AM.
Old 03-12-2010, 09:16 AM
jpk
Burning Brakes

The pic in the e-bay ad isn't the 944/968 application, but it does look like the packaging from KW. That is a great price on them.
Old 03-12-2010, 09:37 AM
Mark944na86
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 333pg333
I don't have the V3's but even those springs look a bit different to mine. What about some of you guys with the V3s, what do you think?
I noticed that too, but he's selling KWs for lots of different cars, so it's would be my guess it's just a example KW photo he uses in all his ads. He does say in the ad copy "item may vary from picture" or something like that.

FWIW, even the picture on the actual KW V3 box differs from the struts and shocks you get in the box!
Old 03-12-2010, 11:00 AM
catamax944
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You better check that listing again,i think he relisted the item.The price i see now is 2494,54$ .
Old 03-12-2010, 02:19 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Ha, you know that's funny. I sent him a question on his Ebay ad asking him why he can sell these at $1000 less than the going price. I got a long and somewhat confusing answer about him buying direct in bulk from KW and unfortunately how there is a delay on them at the moment so he would give me a deal on something else if I wanted. This is either a ploy to get you interested in his site and look around and buy something else, or he realises that he listed the price waaaay cheap and had to back out some way. By saying they're out of stock is his way of rescinding the price....I think. Either way, there was no way you could buy them at that price. Be interesting to see if you had have bid on them at that price. I think he would have had to supply them???
Old 03-12-2010, 02:21 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

In fact here you go. I think he made a genuine pricing error and had to wriggle out of it:

Hello,

I would like to inform you that your KW Coilovers haven't
shipped yet.

Even though we try to insure that everything we sell on eBay is
in stock, due to unforeseen circumstances we had a large order from
our retail department that limited our inventory and we actually ran
out of stock. We purchase from KW often to make sure that our
outside sales are covered and we still ran out.

We placed in the order for KW to drop-ship this to you but KW
will not allow for us to put in a drop-ship request for those with
international addresses.

I am very, very upset about this whole situation. We strive to
make sure that every item we sell is in stock so that we can ship
out the item as fast as humanly possible. It upsets me more because
I understand what it means to our customers to get their items that
they purchased on time.

This is a rare occurrence and I am looking into this situation
further. I am currently working on making sure that the out of stock
problem is fixed but I am also looking inside the company to see if
things can be changed as well. One of our employees has been
reprimanded as well even though KW has failed to help on their end.

We are issuing you a refund immediately as we want to make sure
that it gives you the flexibility to find another seller for KW with
little to no downtime so that you can get your item in a timely
manner.

As I've said before, I am truly sorry about this inconvenience
that this may have caused you. I would like to extend my gratitude
by providing you with a discount on your next purchase with us due
to this unforeseen inconvenience. I will insure you that this
problem will not exist in the future.

Thank you for your understanding and patience!
Old 03-12-2010, 05:37 PM
YoungerThan944
Instructor

So I've received a response saying they have already refunded my money, and to call for more information.

OTOH, eBay won't enforce the completion of the sale. If you buy something, and the seller changes his mind, once the seller has refunded you your money, that's the end of it as far as eBay is concerned. I've had this happen to me a couple of times -- nothing really you can do about it.
I'd like to push the issue a bit to see if I can still get the part that I paid for, since it is such a good deal ($1250 for a $2500 part). I don't have my hopes set too high, but what would be a good approach to try to claim my purchase?
Old 03-12-2010, 08:07 PM
Mark944na86
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by YoungerThan944
So I've received a response saying they have already refunded my money, and to call for more information.

I'd like to push the issue a bit to see if I can still get the part that I paid for, since it is such a good deal ($1250 for a $2500 part). I don't have my hopes set too high, but what would be a good approach to try to claim my purchase?
You have to sue the seller (obviously not practical for such a small amount). There is now a legal precedent where a fellow was the only bidder and bought an aircraft on ebay very cheaply. The seller didn't want to proceed at the auction price. The buyer sued -- and won. The court decided in that case there was a legally binding contract to sell at the price.

Note, ebay itself had nothing to do with the decision, or the action.

Ebay actually tries to avoid getting involved in buyer/seller disputes as much as possible, and (as I have found out) will quickly lose interest if a seller changes his mind, and simply refunds your dough. They see that as a restorative remedy -- no one is worse off financially -- and will turn their attention to deal with situations where someone is out of pocket on a deal.

Remember "E&OE". GL anyway.
Old 03-12-2010, 08:52 PM
INURGRL951
Three Wheelin'

Location: out in the sticks and flat lands of va wondering around for an open field or pavement!!!

Just look at horsepowerfreaks here in the states there cheaper then there repricing item you are looking at. I got mine and there and they look diff then that set but like stated it could just be a standard product picture.
Old 03-13-2010, 12:45 AM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 97 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by YoungerThan944

hi, i own a business. please let me lose a grand on every sale.

you got your money back, you knew it was priced wrong from the getgo. now its time to move on and get a set of konis.
Old 03-13-2010, 02:04 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Having said all that. Depending on what you want from your car, the KWs are excellent and if you put together another $1000 you should be able to pick up a set of V3s and you'll be happy you did.
I don't think you should pursue the low ball price either. Not ethical nor prudent.
Old 03-13-2010, 06:13 AM
DKillaPorsche
Advanced

I just put in an order for KW V3's for my S2 conversion into an early '83.

I did some shopping around and found that the UK had the best offers. As I am buying from Australia - local price was AU$4500. I ended up getting them for AU$2100 landed. I also managed to avoid paying taxes when importing into Oz due to low value declaration.

I got them from ruderacing.co.uk for 1300pounds (excl. VAT) so roughly US$1950. The company owner also drives a 944 and was extremely helpful.
Old 03-13-2010, 06:45 AM
Mark944na86
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DKillaPorsche
I did some shopping around and found that the UK had the best offers.
I found the same thing. At current exchange rates, the pound is very low and there are some great bargains to be had shopping in the UK. Very happy with the price I got for my KW V3s from a UK seller.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: KW Coilover Information Needed!