Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

An 88 951S goes off to the crusher or could be yours

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2009, 02:41 PM
sprbxr
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by CPR
hmmm...wrong side of the bed this morning I see

Good luck then, and hope your friend's health improves.
Just trying to shield my friend from all the BS. Thanks for your well wishes. He is a good guy and this is the least I could do for him.
Old 12-12-2009, 06:29 PM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 97 Likes on 70 Posts

this place has gone to the turds. and i thought the beemerboyz were children.

a guy posts a car for sale, gives a little info and everyone is busting nads.

since it is an 88 S it has LSD - thats option code 220, it had the adjustable konis - thats option code 030, and it had the four piston 928 front brakes, the forged alloy wheels, chassis stiffners, cooling ducts and some other nifty stuff.

the transmission is work 2k, the blah blah blah.

I say a 944 has the value of "junk" and the kids here get their panties in a knot that the 944 is the holy grail. someone puts one up here for an amount that is about junk and y'all get yer panties in a knot that its too much without even seeing a decent picture. sheeesh.

quit your childish whining, and call the owner if you are interested. Im with the OP on this one.
Old 12-12-2009, 08:02 PM
Arominus
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom R.
this place has gone to the turds. and i thought the beemerboyz were children.

a guy posts a car for sale, gives a little info and everyone is busting nads.

since it is an 88 S it has LSD - thats option code 220, it had the adjustable konis - thats option code 030, and it had the four piston 928 front brakes, the forged alloy wheels, chassis stiffners, cooling ducts and some other nifty stuff.

the transmission is work 2k, the blah blah blah.

I say a 944 has the value of "junk" and the kids here get their panties in a knot that the 944 is the holy grail. someone puts one up here for an amount that is about junk and y'all get yer panties in a knot that its too much without even seeing a decent picture. sheeesh.

quit your childish whining, and call the owner if you are interested. Im with the OP on this one.
I beg to differ, his original post in the thread (before his edit with all the info) went along the lines of "This cars going to the crusher, the mods are yelling at me" and that was it. Hence my comment.
Old 12-12-2009, 08:11 PM
Banshee
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I coulden't agree more with some of the people here, although:

Don't pay any attention to some of the d bags here. All the teenagers that think they are special because the own a Porsche sometimes get a little uppity but they are harmless.
I would try if you can to rephrase hotshoe, after all having seen alot of threads now that are very similar to this one, the d bags posting aren't necessarily the teenagers. If you have proof to back it up that would be great, only mentioning this to defend myself and a few innocent other teenagers that i know of that have been caught in your generalization.
Old 12-12-2009, 08:50 PM
Andy1212
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Why does this always happen? Come on guys, its a little childish.
Old 12-12-2009, 09:34 PM
Mark944na86
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom R.
Agreed. The phrase "pearls before swine" springs to mind.

The problem with the price of a great model Porsche dropping to the level that even the Great Unwashed can afford, is that they take up the offer, and turn up here. Sans soap.

As Oscar Wilde said: "He is the sort of fellow who knows the price of everything, and the value of nothing."

Except I think even the bit about the "price of everything" might be being a bit generous here.

What's kind of strange is the good money people will spend on useless "go faster" body kits, etc. Maybe it's because no one can _see_ a LSD, upgraded suspension parts, and so on. Who knows? Sad in any case.

Last edited by Mark944na86; 12-13-2009 at 09:26 AM.
Old 12-12-2009, 11:04 PM
mgmarsh39
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 25 Posts

If only it were in Florida...
Old 12-12-2009, 11:39 PM
yellowline
Under the Radar
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think almost ALL of us have put more money into a 944 variant than what it would be worth on the open market. I know I have, more than once. Don't see the reason for throwing stones.

Always liked the Silver Rose cars. Pretty fair price. Good luck.
Old 12-12-2009, 11:46 PM
sprbxr
Rennlist Member

I would be willing to facilitate shipping for any out-of-towners interested in the car.
Old 12-13-2009, 04:31 AM
drift a 944
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Arominus
I beg to differ, his original post in the thread (before his edit with all the info) went along the lines of "This cars going to the crusher, the mods are yelling at me" and that was it. Hence my comment.
Thank you for clarifying that. I appreciate the OP revising his original post, but now it makes us look like fools.

Old 12-13-2009, 05:03 AM
Darwantae951

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by carlege
If the problems are as stated in the ad then it wouldnt be too much for the car. But as we all know these cars have a tendancy of hiding problems from owners and buyers.

regardless of rarity of the car. Desireability is a bigger problem with these cars considering the 89 year and its exact specs with out mentioning the interior or exterior color
Exterior is LM3Z Silver Rose Metallic, Interior is LM3Z Burgundy multi-colored cloth.

I agree everyone is giving this guy such a hard time...and in turn could possibly be turning him away from a potential sale. Oh well tho, if it dies, mine is just that much more rare.

In all honesty, good luck with the sale and I hope someone decides to pick it up, for the car AND your friends sake.
Old 12-13-2009, 09:02 AM
sprbxr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by drift a 944
Thank you for clarifying that. I appreciate the OP revising his original post, but now it makes us look like fools.

Old 12-13-2009, 10:05 AM
Eric_Oz_S2
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

To the OP - good luck selling the car for your friend.

Unfortunately some of the people on this site act like they are back in school, and I guess trying to act cool to impress who knows who.
Old 12-13-2009, 12:27 PM
sprbxr
Rennlist Member

I knew I would endure a bit of grief. It is all worth it though. We have had a lot of serious interest which is a good thing. Thanks for the support.
Old 12-13-2009, 06:41 PM
sprbxr
Rennlist Member

I still have some people that are NOT understanding what is happening here. Let me explain one more time:

1. This is NOT my car. DO NOT PM ME OFFERS.

2. There are two standing offers of close to $4k on it by two salvage yards. If you want to pay $2k, $2.5k, etc., you are less than what the salvage yards are willing to pay. The salvage yard is going to part it out so you have to know it is worth at least as much as they are willing to pay.

3. If you are going to call the number listed in the ad, you are wasting everyone's time if you are going to offer less than $4k.

4. Please don't PM me questions about the car (see #1).

Quick Reply: An 88 951S goes off to the crusher or could be yours