Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

noise from cylinder head

Old 06-09-2009, 12:29 AM
Yummybud924
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default noise from cylinder head

okay this noise is worrying me. it only happens when I quickly open the throttle body (manually on the engine). theres a chriping and mechanical noise that comes from the clyinder head (like chirp, and loud ticking).

now here is some other things I noticedif I continue to open the throttle body the revs build up and the chirping and mechanial ticking noise is not there anymore.

the noise only comes from closed throttle body to opening it op initial mechanical and chirping noise comes from cylinder head area to mea it seems closer to cyldiner one closer to the cap and rotor.

now if I say hold the revs at 2000 rpm (throttle body partially held open) and then rev it up quickly to say 5000 rpm that noise does not occur.

it only occurs from closed throttle to openining it, theres an intial mechanical loud ticking and kind of chirping noise from the clylinder head then it. it keeps on occuring when I close the trottle body and open it again.

also it's not something rattling.

my car lost oil pressure in january on startup and I let it idle with no oil pressure i'm guessing for 5 minutes or more (don't remember) without noticing this (left to finish my breakfast) so i'm worried I damaged something. Now my car takes about 2 second to get oil pressure when I start it in the morning after sitting overnight and i'm worried about that also. changed the oil filter (thought bad valve) but still same problem

anyways anyone think this noise is a bad lifter or camshaft issue? the noise doesn't grow with rpms and doesn't even occur when reving from partially open throttle but only from closed throttle body.
Old 06-09-2009, 03:07 AM
Yummybud924
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

bump

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: noise from cylinder head