Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Took my Girlfriend's Mom for a ride.

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 01:33 PM
Calmchaos
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by roman944
question though, is it me or does your shifter move alot in the clip?
I noticed the same thing. I just watched it move the 2nd time i watched the video.

But the whole shell of the car may be rolling away from the transmission. Know what I mean..? ... idk...
Old 05-07-2009, 01:33 PM
DonS
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So where's the video of the girlfriends ride?
Old 05-07-2009, 01:47 PM
thewerxracing
Banned

Originally Posted by Calmchaos
I noticed the same thing. I just watched it move the 2nd time i watched the video.

But the whole shell of the car may be rolling away from the transmission. Know what I mean..? ... idk...
I doubt its that (although now you have me panicked!) The shifter can move freely about an inch and a half even when its in gear. It engages fine, shifts fine, its just sloppy. I can breathe on it an it will move.

Originally Posted by DonS
So where's the video of the girlfriends ride?
I dont have it on youtube. Its on my Facebook though. Hmm any Ideas of how to transfer it here?
Old 05-07-2009, 01:49 PM
thewerxracing
Banned

http://www.facebook.com/v/515758060155
aha! Got it!

That link should work.
Old 05-07-2009, 01:55 PM
thewerxracing
Banned

More from the day:

http://www.facebook.com/v/515758813645

http://www.facebook.com/v/515758923425
Old 05-07-2009, 02:02 PM
rattlesnakeracing
Rennlist Member

Smile Mom's Day!

Priceless! It's amazing that you still have a passenger door handle left!

to Mom!

Old 05-07-2009, 02:06 PM
Calmchaos
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by thewerxracing
I doubt its that (although now you have me panicked!) The shifter can move freely about an inch and a half even when its in gear. It engages fine, shifts fine, its just sloppy. I can breathe on it an it will move.
I know what you mean, mine is almost the same way.
I was just saying... that when you take a turn the shell should come up a little. And since the trans is attached to the wheels it wouldn't move as much.
Stupid thing to say though. Doesn't really make much sense. lol
Old 05-07-2009, 02:12 PM
thewerxracing
Banned

It makes perfect sense, actually. I just didn't want to hear it because I don't want to replace any more (25 yr old) bushings.
Old 05-07-2009, 02:22 PM
roman944
Drifting

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

ah ok, because that had me scared for you for a few moments there

going like ... does he have a 3rd invisible hand or something ... because wow, never seen that before!

my shifter doesn't do that

also, very nice videos! I hope to take my parents to the autocross so they can see how much fun it is (atleast for me); great videos - helmet mount of some kind? how did you do the other one? on the bumper?

very nice

edit: what did you launch the car at?
Old 05-07-2009, 02:30 PM
thewerxracing
Banned

I really don't remember what I was launching at. It was on Hoosiers in the wet so it didn't make too much of a difference. Plus everytime I launch, I hear the clutch crying and remember I can't afford a new one if I toast it.

The camera is a Go-Pro Motorsports Hero Wide that Amanda, my girlfriend, bought for my birthday (which isn't until the end of the month, but she's the best!). I used the different mounts that came in the kit, things like the suction cup for the Windsheild and helmet, and the 3M sticky pad for under the front bumper. When the camera is off, you can't even notice the little black square under there.

This was the camera's first event so I'm still getting used to placement and sound, etc. Ill get better with it.

How's the gutting coming? I'm dying to do it, but I would be able to stand it on the highway. Also, what class are you running? IIRC didn't you start last year? It seems like the bug bit you hard!
Old 05-07-2009, 02:54 PM
GloriaRedStang
Racer

Reminds me of the video here (don't know how to embed that):

http://oncewerebachelors.blogspot.co...-italiano.html
Old 05-07-2009, 03:05 PM
thewerxracing
Banned

Riccardo Patrese?!

Thanks for telling me that my video reminds you of an F1 Star.

I still remember building a model of his Williams-Renault.

What a great video! Awesome!
Old 05-07-2009, 03:09 PM
roman944
Drifting

lol I'm going to beat the crap out of this bug

aparently just removing back seat bumps me up in class, plus I have 16x7 in front and 16x8 in rear wheels - and only allowed 16x7 in stock classes; so at this point, I just want to show up and do the best I can!

I should be getting seats in a couple of weeks. my floors are getting patched up this Sunday (I hope!) - then I'll be ready to paint.

right now I'm working with a drill and a couple of wire brushes, scrubing the floors to the metal (off the old epoxy stuff and cleaning up - prepping for paint)

really, I want to get my floors done - patched up and painted - and I want to get the seats in by the end of May

then by the end of June I'll get the car running again and go out and see what/how it does.

for the winter, I have a choice of doing suspension and brakes, or fiberglass bumpers/fenders/hood
Old 05-07-2009, 03:19 PM
thewerxracing
Banned

Its amazing what can take you out of the stock class. Even a rear-view mirror.

I'm in a small chapter so we kinda just keep our mouths shut and have fun- thats what its all about.

Plus, I wanted my car to be versatile if a track-day or HDPE should pop up that I wanted to run. Congrats on the work though, let me know how it is to drive when its all set, also try to get a weight on all that garbage.
Old 05-07-2009, 03:34 PM
roman944
Drifting

Originally Posted by thewerxracing
Its amazing what can take you out of the stock class. Even a rear-view mirror.

I'm in a small chapter so we kinda just keep our mouths shut and have fun- thats what its all about.

Plus, I wanted my car to be versatile if a track-day or HDPE should pop up that I wanted to run. Congrats on the work though, let me know how it is to drive when its all set, also try to get a weight on all that garbage.
my seats and carpet were the heaviest parts, but, can't go by my stuff because mine were "wet"

but this tar stuff underneath is really nasty, and its kind of heavy

also, I don't have a rear-view mirror allready, lol; it kinda fell off one day and I didn't bother to put it back on, then it cracked; I've been pulled over once for inspections ticker (completely flew out of my mind) - but wasn't told anytihng for the mirror

I'd be down to give you a hand with this stuff once mine is runing; its a good project but its kinda hard and its VERY time consuming

surprisingly, I only got 1 cut (because I was stupid) from all this

Quick Reply: Took my Girlfriend's Mom for a ride.