Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NA turbo rear valence intallation question

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2002, 12:54 AM
CR
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post NA turbo rear valence intallation question

for those of you who have done this, do you have to get those funky looking caged nuts from porsche? or is there some other way to mount it? any help would be great, and even any other tips would be much appreciated. its going on an 87. thanks,

CR
Old 06-27-2002, 08:03 AM
tifosiman
Race Director

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Exclamation

Do a search for this topic, we have covered it on a few occasions. I can tell you that the caged nuts certainly help, but it can be done without them (I cheated as well). I used some stainless bolts and nuts from the local hardware store, be sure to get lockwashers. There will be 3 that are fairly easy to get at, 2 will be a pain in the @ss and if you have large hands, near impossible.

Another useful tip is to have a helper or a good floor jack to hold the large part of the valace as you are bolting it in place..

You can email me if you have any questions.

jeremym@airborne.net

Tifosiman
Old 06-27-2002, 11:10 AM
Z-man
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There was an issue of excellence last year that covered the whole install quite extensively. I'll check at home what issue it was.
-Z.
Old 06-27-2002, 02:11 PM
CR
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks for the replys guys. i have searched this topic quite extensively but haven't found anything about those caged nuts. i have the issue of excellence, and they say it is a must to have the porsche hardware. i ordered it from my porsche dealership, but only one of each (one caged nut and one allen bolt) came, instead of a package of five that i thought it would be. i don't really feel like paying 3 bucks per caged nut and wait a week till they get here if there is some other alternative. thanks again.

CR

Quick Reply: NA turbo rear valence intallation question