Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My car handled like a Geo.

Old 06-24-2007, 11:14 PM
pearldrum944
Drifting

Received 73 Likes on 14 Posts
Default My car handled like a Geo.

Wow. I thought my car handled well before....

I convinced one of my friends/co-workers to do an alignment on my car last week, it's probably never had one since I haven't gotten one in the 5 years I've owned it...and it sat for 6-7 years before. The monitor for the machine reminded me of a strand of green and red Christmas lights...with all the green bulbs burned out, everything on the car was out, the FR toe didn't even register...a big black X. Two days later (damn customers kept coming in and interupting my "tire inspection"... I work at Sears Auto Center, at the counter) and the alignment is done. I took it out to a small twisty stretch of road near where I live and had at it...wow...these cars handle great, the alignment makes all the difference. I have also got some new tires since then but have not gotten the chance to test them out in the twisties, Firestone Firehawk GTs. What was I thinking waiting so long for an alignment...go get one if you haven't!

And on another note, we get so many newer domestic cars come in that won't pass the pre-alignment inspection because of worn tie-rods, balljoints, pitman arms, etc... My front end is still tight with 25 year old parts. Bravo Germans.
Old 06-24-2007, 11:22 PM
ilikemy944
Going with the pack
is quite monotonous.
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dude.
I'm kind of surprised you still have that car.
You know how many I have been through?
You going to the fest this year?
Old 06-24-2007, 11:25 PM
xsboost90
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

a good alignment will do wonders. Now put it on the track. A festivus for the restuvus!!
Old 06-24-2007, 11:26 PM
pearldrum944
Drifting

Originally Posted by ilikemy944
Dude.
I'm kind of surprised you still have that car.
You know how many I have been through?
You going to the fest this year?
HAHA, yep...I've still got it, nothing too new with it. I've been spending all my extra money on audio equipment lately trying to prepare for the real world of audio engineering when I am done with college. Now I've decided to start putting some money back into the car, possibly an engine rebuild this winter. Probably a no on the fest this year, work won't really allow me any time off.

Sounds like you have been through a couple now, you have a 951S? pictures?
Old 06-24-2007, 11:28 PM
pearldrum944
Drifting

Originally Posted by xsboost90
a good alignment will do wonders. Now put it on the track. A festivus for the restuvus!!
I'm still looking forward to my first track day...someday. 951 still doing well Dan? It looks good.

I'll hopefully be able to do a couple of autocross events in TN at the end of this season...but we'll see.
Old 06-25-2007, 09:00 PM
TheMAXX
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pearldrum944
HAHA, yep...I've still got it, nothing too new with it. I've been spending all my extra money on audio equipment lately trying to prepare for the real world of audio engineering when I am done with college. Now I've decided to start putting some money back into the car, possibly an engine rebuild this winter. Probably a no on the fest this year, work won't really allow me any time off.

Sounds like you have been through a couple now, you have a 951S? pictures?
Audio and a 944, it’s hard to fit much gear in the hatch. But I took the freelance route and gave up on owning much gear. I have been a freelance audio eng. for quite a while and a 944 owner for a few years.
Old 06-25-2007, 09:44 PM
pearldrum944
Drifting

Originally Posted by TheMAXX
Audio and a 944, it’s hard to fit much gear in the hatch. But I took the freelance route and gave up on owning much gear. I have been a freelance audio eng. for quite a while and a 944 owner for a few years.
That's awesome.
It's all in how you pack it. When my old band used to play shows I would pack my drum kit into my 944. When people were helping me load out they would ask what vehicle it was going to, when they saw the 944 I would get a lot of "You're kidding, right?" My audio rig is fairly portable as of right now, only thing I might have trouble fitting into my car with everything else is my 16 channel mixer...but I'm digital and just use it for its preamps and insert jacks to go into my converters, so it could easily be replaced with some rack-mount pre's.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My car handled like a Geo.