Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clear turn signal lenses for 924, 944, and 944S

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 02:49 PM
95Juan
Mexican Ambassador
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Nicole!-

i might have missed it, but do you have guesstimated pricing for these?
Old 04-04-2007, 05:57 PM
Nicole
Cottage Industry Sponsor
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 149 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by mick944
Anyone know of(or sells) the clear turn signal lens for 968's?One of the only enhancements I would like to(or would ) make a improvement over stock on my unit.Please advise.
Unless I find out that somebody else makes the, I'l have theim some time in the summer.
Old 04-04-2007, 06:01 PM
Nicole
Cottage Industry Sponsor
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by 95Juan
Nicole!-

i might have missed it, but do you have guesstimated pricing for these?
Here are the direct links to the products in my store:

http://www.marketworks.com/StoreFron...11&i=232118507

http://www.marketworks.com/StoreFron...11&i=232118227

The S2/turbo lenses needed a more complex mold than most other lenses we make, so they ended up a bit more than I had expected initially. They and the rear turn signal segments should be here around the end of the month.

I have sent the front side markers off to my vendor, so we should have those in a few weeks as well. 924/944 US fronts are also in the works, and 968 is next.
Old 06-29-2007, 01:33 AM
951Boost
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nicole, any news yet on those clear front side markers for 951?

TIA
Old 06-29-2007, 05:40 AM
Nicole
Cottage Industry Sponsor
Lifetime Rennlist

Well, I'm experiencing a major nightmare. My vendor sent me my large shipment - and forgot to put my ZIP code in the addresss... We've tried to track the package, which should not be a problem given that it has a tracking number, but DHL cannot tell us where it is.

So, we are trying to make more lenses and ship them over here through other channels - but that takes time.

944NA lenses and rear turn signal segments have already been redone, are on their way, and should be here within a week. The 951/S2 turn signal lenses will take a bit longer to remake, but I now hope to have them at the beginning of August.

On the positive, there are a few products that came with separate shipments. I have the rear side markers and the side marker housings in white and black available now.

I also have the front side markers. However, I am not 100% satisfied with the quality of the left one. There was a small flaw in our original marker that we did not see until the new lenses were cast (the clear material is unforgiving). Most would not notice it, but I want my customers to get a high quality product without a such flaw.

I sent another marker over, so new molds can be made and the lenses recast in the quality of the others (which came out really nice, BTW).

In summary: The rear marker lenses and the housings are available, the rest should become available within the next 4-5 weeks

I'm terribly sorry for the delay!!!
Old 06-29-2007, 11:10 AM
MichelleJD
Jane Bond 007
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 28 Likes on 17 Posts

Do you know what the final price will be for the 951 fronts?
Old 06-29-2007, 01:34 PM
PixelGrinder
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im stoked for the NA lenses! They are direct replacements right Nicole? Not the euro lenses like before?
Old 06-29-2007, 03:08 PM
95Juan
Mexican Ambassador
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

are the 944 and 951 front side markers the same? seems like it to me.

oh how i eagerly await these and the turn signal lenses.

if it's august, it should be in time for a christmas present!
Old 06-29-2007, 06:16 PM
Nicole
Cottage Industry Sponsor
Lifetime Rennlist

are the 944 and 951 front side markers the same? seems like it to me. :
Yes, 944 and 951 have the same marker lights.

And boy, are those things expensive when you order them from the Porsche dealer! Strangely, we found that they cost significantly more than 928 markers - which are very similar. Can't think of any reason why that is... My pricing, however, is not tied to the original markers. I think a pair of factory markers costs more than a set of lenses and housings from my store.

On the 944/951, the housings are the same front and back, while only the lenses are different. The rear lenses are angled a little different.

oh how i eagerly await these and the turn signal lenses. :
me, too... believe me!

if it's august, it should be in time for a christmas present!
LOL! Doesn't it seem like that?

Last edited by Nicole; 06-29-2007 at 10:53 PM.
Old 06-29-2007, 06:19 PM
Nicole
Cottage Industry Sponsor
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by PixelGrinder
Im stoked for the NA lenses! They are direct replacements right Nicole? Not the euro lenses like before?
Yes, they will be exact replacements for the US lenses. Haven't seen them, though - the first batch is currently residing in Nirwana, and a new shipment is in transit.
Old 06-29-2007, 06:22 PM
Nicole
Cottage Industry Sponsor
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by MichelleJD
Do you know what the final price will be for the 951 fronts?
Yes, those 951 front lenses are fairly large and complicated, For the time being, I will offer them at $109.98. However, the price may go up as we learn how many (or how few) we can get made with each mold.

You can see the current pricing of all 944 lenses here:

http://www.marketworks.com/StoreFron...78036&c=794996
Old 06-29-2007, 06:31 PM
Nicole
Cottage Industry Sponsor
Lifetime Rennlist

Question for all:

If I were to offer an assembly service for the marker lights - where I fuse the lens and base together for you - how much would that be worth to you?

I'm currently not set-up to do this, but if there is enough demand I might try and find a way to offer this service. However, it would have to cover labor and materials for the process of sanding the mating surfaces, mixing and applying the glue, and fusing the pieces together properly.
Old 07-02-2007, 08:22 PM
billthe3
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Are the stock pieces glued together or screwed together? (Do you have to glue on the new lenses?)

I have a feeling I'd rather glue new ones on myself so I wouldn't have to buy new housings as well as the lenses.
Old 07-02-2007, 08:28 PM
ELLSSUU
Geaux Tigers!
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Nicole,

Nice product but one question, will you offer new rubber gaskets for the side markers? Even if you have to price them seperatly I'd be in for a set. Mine are torched and per the dealer they aren't available anymore. Anyone replacing their sidemarkers with yours I'm betting most will find their gaskets in pieces.
Old 07-02-2007, 11:31 PM
Nicole
Cottage Industry Sponsor
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by ELLSSUU
Nicole,

Nice product but one question, will you offer new rubber gaskets for the side markers? Even if you have to price them seperatly I'd be in for a set. Mine are torched and per the dealer they aren't available anymore. Anyone replacing their sidemarkers with yours I'm betting most will find their gaskets in pieces.
Great idea - I have been thinking about this when I redid my fronts this weekend. My gaskets were toast, too, even though I had only replaced them a year or two ago. Let me investigate on the cost and availability.

Just for kicks - I did a little experiment with mine last weekend. I wanted them to blend as good as possible with my slate grey body color, so I painted the insides with Testors window tinting paint, and fused them with black housings. The window tinting paint is a bit more blueish than my body color, but in most lighting conditions they blend really well (the picture was taken in the sunlight where the color difference is most visible).

I also have a customer who painted them with candy apple red translucent paint for his red car (if you paint the outside make sure you put clear coat on top!!!)

This is just to give you guys some ideas... there is no limit to your own creativity.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Clear turn signal lenses for 924, 944, and 944S