Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NorCal fun run 8/26/06, drop your plans and make it!

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2006, 02:23 AM
FRporscheman
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

OK, everything is lookin' good. Froby944, I hope to see you there! Let us know if you're going to make it. Steve, I hope you can get everything up and running in time, but don't kill yourself trying to get it all done.

Other Steve, glad to hear you're coming! I joined Rennlist after you got buried in law books, so I've never seen you on a run. Whether you bring the turbo or the NA it'll be a blast. I might bring my NA just 'cause I miss pounding that car.

Chris, we need a starting/meeting point, and other chat stops. If you really want, you can lend me your map and I can test run the route, and find good start/chat points. But I'd rather sit on my chair and use google earth... How's your car? Are you going to bring it, or ride your bike, or steal Sean's 968, or...? I've got a spare 944, if you think you can handle it.

Things to bring - water/gatorade, 2-way radios, the usual crap. I don't know if Roger's grill is on a covered patio or w/e so bring sunblock. I'll list the drivers on my first posting.
Old 08-21-2006, 02:24 AM
Andial951
Legend Killer
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 95Juan
we finished prepping the walls today with TSP (trisodium phosphate) and we just gotta spackle in some holes and we should be ready for paint during the week or something, maybe saturday if i get home early enough.

gonna weigh my options between crooked smog shop and actually getting the car to run right.

i just finished doing the brakes last night, and i'm stopping pretty good now, .

it's going in on tuesday to check if that ticking noise i hear is paranoia, lifter tick, or an injector or something.

but it looks like i'll make it.

do i need to bring anything?
lol....stopping...or slowing down has never been your problem Juan....

Bring anything else you might want to eat other then asada. (PS no pork)
Old 08-21-2006, 02:28 AM
Andial951
Legend Killer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by FRporscheman
OK, everything is lookin' good. Froby944, I hope to see you there! Let us know if you're going to make it. Steve, I hope you can get everything up and running in time, but don't kill yourself trying to get it all done.

Other Steve, glad to hear you're coming! I joined Rennlist after you got buried in law books, so I've never seen you on a run. Whether you bring the turbo or the NA it'll be a blast. I might bring my NA just 'cause I miss pounding that car.

Chris, we need a starting/meeting point, and other chat stops. If you really want, you can lend me your map and I can test run the route, and find good start/chat points. But I'd rather sit on my chair and use google earth...

Things to bring - water/gatorade, 2-way radios, the usual crap. I don't know if Roger's grill is on a covered patio or w/e so bring sunblock. I'll list the drivers on my first posting.
I might drive the NA. 951 currently has a bullet hole in the windshield....but that might be repaired by Saturday.

I do have a shaded area but bring sunblock anyway......

Here is a pic of the BBQ........I can taste the asada already.....oh yeah..
Attached Images  
Old 08-21-2006, 02:30 AM
Andial951
Legend Killer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 95Juan
do i need to bring anything?
Juan.....on second thought....bring your lawn mower......
Old 08-21-2006, 02:32 AM
FRporscheman
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Well pork is fine as long as it's on the other side of the grill from my steak.

And about the avocados... I don't know, I just don't like them. Why? Why don't some people like root beer or peanut butter?

Roger, I saw a car JUST like yours at parts heaven (well, ohne Andial engine), and there was an advertisement for it inside on the counter. They want $12,500...
Old 08-21-2006, 02:34 AM
FRporscheman
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Andial951
I might drive the NA. 951 currently has a bullet hole in the windshield....but that might be repaired by Saturday.
Let's all drive our secondary cars! We always bring our flagships on the runs but we never get to show off our ugly ducklings. Let's see how many NAs we can muster (not that NAs are ugly).
Old 08-21-2006, 02:37 AM
Andial951
Legend Killer
Rennlist Member

Well pork is fine as long as it's on the other side of the grill from my steak.

And about the avocados... I don't know, I just don't like them. Why? Why don't some people like root beer or peanut butter?

Roger, I saw a car JUST like yours at parts heaven (well, ohne Andial engine), and there was an advertisement for it inside on the counter. They want $12,500...
Yes I have seen that one. Its been for sale for a long time now. Looks like a well put togetther car its not Garnet Red its Maraschino Red and besides who wants a slow 2.5 anyway......lol

Here is a link to the car FOR SALE
Old 08-21-2006, 02:38 AM
959Lover
Racer

Originally Posted by Andial951
959Lover......you are officially designated "Run Photgrapher" and your only assignment is to get good actions shots of my p-car.
Drive in front of us, and get into some sideways action. Trust me, It'll be a great picture...if I have the camera on that is...

Don't worry though, I will try my best to take 'good' shots of any and all people that are within 2 car lengths of our car, front and back. But everyone remember, safety first.
Old 08-21-2006, 02:41 AM
Andial951
Legend Killer
Rennlist Member

Let's all drive our secondary cars! We always bring our flagships on the runs but we never get to show off our ugly ducklings. Let's see how many NAs we can muster (not that NAs are ugly).
MIght be a good idea.......only Chris has seen the NA but here is a pic.....and I think its pretty nice looking.....not an ugly duckling at all.
Attached Images  
Old 08-21-2006, 01:24 PM
josephsc
Race Car

Location: Albany, CA: celebrating 100 years of independence from Berkeley, CA
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's a tough one. I'm not sure exactly which car I would consider to be secondary....

I'm unlikely to make the run -- but slight chance that I'll drop in for the BBQ, depending on what part of California I'm in.
Old 08-21-2006, 02:16 PM
luckett
Three Wheelin'

Chris, we need a starting/meeting point, and other chat stops. If you really want, you can lend me your map and I can test run the route, and find good start/chat points. But I'd rather sit on my chair and use google earth... How's your car? Are you going to bring it, or ride your bike, or steal Sean's 968, or...? I've got a spare 944, if you think you can handle it.
I'll let you recon the meeting point. Pinehurst starts around 37 deg 50' N 122 deg 11' W. Somewhere just off of 13 should be a good spot.

Good stopping points would be the top of Mt. Hamilton and a gas stop where Del Puerte meets I5.

I'm not sure what I'm driving/riding yet. The NA wold be fun to drive since I've never really driven one hard. Are you sure that I can handle the massive power it puts out?
Old 08-21-2006, 05:52 PM
HIGHBOOST
Pro

O man, I wish I could go, but I have to get ready for school. A couple friends and I did the same route last week as the Norcal run on the 24th of June. It was nice, not hot either
Old 08-21-2006, 05:57 PM
Andial951
Legend Killer
Rennlist Member

Monday Roll Call

Confirmed:
Arash
Ashkan
Chris
Steve (ck athens)
Froby
Deni

Possibles:
Juan
Joe

Did I miss anyone

Last edited by Andial951; 08-23-2006 at 02:17 AM.
Old 08-21-2006, 11:59 PM
JerryW
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry we won't make it. Zone7/GGR autox this weekend at Marina.
Old 08-22-2006, 12:20 AM
Andial951
Legend Killer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JerryW
Sorry we won't make it. Zone7/GGR autox this weekend at Marina.
Your doing both days? I was thinking of just doing Sunday.

BTW - Have we met?

Quick Reply: NorCal fun run 8/26/06, drop your plans and make it!