Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What are these 944's doing at RUF in TX??

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2005, 07:35 AM
special tool
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's a big BULL**** on the 900 RWHP 951. ESPECIALLY at RUF - known to be conservative.
There will be no dyno sheet to back up this bull****.
How do I know this in advance, you ask??
That is something said in passing to impress a kid.

I sent Bobby an e-mail asking for more information on this and aking for a dyno sheet - because this is astounding news LOL.
Who thinks I'll get a response?

Gomes wil laugh as hard as I am when he reads this.
Old 12-14-2005, 08:01 AM
special tool
Banned

Here is the e-mail:

Hello. My name is James Lutjens. I have been told that a person named Bob at your facility has a 951 with 900 RWHP. If this is true, then I would like to book a service appointment for my 1987 951 to have some work done.
Please respond at your earliest convenience with the chassis dyno sheet so that I can get the ball rolloing on this.

Sincerely - J. Lutjens

I am telling you guys, if he tells me he has it - then has no sheet, I am going to go on a PERSONAL crusade to call this guy out for being a bull****ter. I will go on every single forum in the world to let them know about the lyer. I am TOTALLY serious.
The time for Porsche tuners who bull**** us with unsubstantiated claims is going to end.
If you are telling someone that you have these results, you have a sales motive in mind - this is what pisses me off.

If you think you are above suspicion because of your company name, I will be there to make sure you don't get too far ahead of yourself.
Old 12-14-2005, 08:40 AM
michaelathome
Race Car

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

ST,

I think that the post was made in light of some of the incredible work they do not as an actual fact. Lighten up some. We know you have one of if not the highest rated 951's on the board. No one is trying to take that from you. I posted the pics to show the 944/951's that they had at their shop. Just a little light entertainment.

Michael
Old 12-14-2005, 08:47 AM
special tool
Banned

No dude. Its about ethics.
If Joe Schmoe says he makes 1000 hp on here, noone cares, because he isn't lying to promote sales to ripoff potential customers. This is the **** I am sick of from Porsche tuners.
No other tuners get away with unsubstantiated claims!!!!

I live in Fairfield county, Ct.
There are 2 MAJOR tuners here.
Fahrenbacher Lowels (brand new huge modern facility out by the dealer and the airport) Big one page spread in excellence magazine saying< - come fly in and drive home. Big gogo schpeal and big advertising with Spencer (bull****er) *** at the helm. This guy doesn't even know the difference between an 83 pound Siemens and a 55, and if he does, guess what - HE IS A ****ING LIER!! BECAUSE HE GAVE ME 83'S 5 YEARS AGO.
No dyno - they don't even know where one is!!

Fairfield County Motorsports - a lot of people brag about this guy because he is nice to them and he makes them feel like one of the guys.
NO DYNO - COULD NOT TELL ME WHERE TO DYNO TEST HIS STUFF.

You think these guys are above suspicion? hahaha.
There is no government watchdog on tuners.
These guys laugh at you!!

DO NOT BUY PORSCHE ENGINE WORK OR HIGH PERFORMANCE PARTS WITH NO PROOF THAT IT WORKS!!
Old 12-14-2005, 09:27 AM
Super Dave
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow Jake, look what you started! LOL
I will give him a call instead of e-mail and get the real answer later today and get the real scoop.
Old 12-14-2005, 10:32 AM
special tool
Banned

This is the response from Bob - who is now off of my "list"
Big respect for Bob and Ruf for responding honestly.

Hello Mr. Lutjens,

I do have a high horsepower 951 engine. But it is not 900 HP. At 18 lbs boost it makes a little over 600 HP. By all calculations it can make a lot more power but at the cost of reliability. Even at 600 it does tend to break a lot of parts. This is not a street car at all. The motor including the turbo setup and the fuel and ignition control has over $80,000 invested in it. I would be happy to talk to you about it at any time. You can call me at the number below.
Old 12-14-2005, 10:42 AM
joseph mitro
Race Car

Received 246 Likes on 160 Posts

talk about getting worked up......

i don't see ruf advertising for the 951 like lindsey racing or some of the other tuners do. it's not a big deal anyway, and the guy was honest about it.

i saw that gulf 917 there a few months ago and wanted to see it driven, but unfortunately it was never on the track
Old 12-14-2005, 11:01 AM
testarossa_td
Race Car

Originally Posted by joseph mitro
talk about getting worked up......

i don't see ruf advertising for the 951 like lindsey racing or some of the other tuners do. it's not a big deal anyway, and the guy was honest about it.

i saw that gulf 917 there a few months ago and wanted to see it driven, but unfortunately it was never on the track
Not a real Gulf. But real cool...again some of the shots...for the techie's

Old 12-14-2005, 02:41 PM
Super Dave
Pro

Just go off the cell phone with Bob, He conferms the 600HP! Said it even made more than that but it put a hurtin on it. Whew we can all take a deap breath now. LOL
Old 12-14-2005, 03:01 PM
tifosiman
Race Director

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Whew. That was a close one.
Old 12-21-2005, 04:00 AM
Raceboy
Three Wheelin'

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Hehe, but I'd like to know a bit more about the trans + TT + axle setup. Is it stock or not? if not, then what?
Old 12-21-2005, 10:54 AM
por944trs
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by tifosiman
Whew. That was a close one.

Old 12-21-2005, 11:42 AM
special tool
Banned

Yes, 600 crank.
Not bad.
I am a little concerned, though that a Ruf official agent would quote ASSUMED hp numbers to would-be clients without proof/dyno sheets.
I guess when your ride Alois' *******, you can bull**** your way through a storm.

There is REEEEEEEEAL easy way to shut me up.......
Old 12-21-2005, 01:47 PM
Kevin Baker
Drifting

ST, take a chill pill. Why are you getting so worked up? I know it is a good cause, you trying to make sure that "people" are not making false claims of horespower/performance upgrades and the like, but why go off like that. Is the burden REALLY that great, are you the sole voice of this cause? Or do you like to sound and feel important. Posts like this and the ever present "flaming" are one of the reasons my membership "expired" and has not been renewed.

Another poster (long time poster) recently asked why technical questions were taking so long to be responded to. I, for one (so I don't get accused of speaking for others) don't spend that much time here anymore is part of the reason.
Old 12-21-2005, 02:03 PM
L8 APEKS
Three Wheelin'

There is REEEEEEEEAL easy way to shut me up.......
...kick you in the nuts? j/k. But for real - you got super defensive when you heard someone might make more power than you. lol. To the point where it was comical. I have news for you...I have a friend with a watercooled 12 year old VW that puts down more than you do. There will always be faster cars, and not all of them will give a rats a$$ about posting a dyno sheet just because some random kid on an internet forum is whining for one.

Quick Reply: What are these 944's doing at RUF in TX??