Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I gotta repaint a 944 turbo, whats it gonna cost?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2005, 10:17 PM
faithless
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I gotta repaint a 944 turbo, whats it gonna cost?

I'm looking at a 944 turbo that will need the whole front of the car resprayed in silver rose metallic paint because of how difficult it would be to respray just a fender in the right color. I got a quote from Stuttgart Southwest's body shop. To put on a used fender, resurface some scrapes on the front bumper and respray the whole front and blend through the doors back to the current paint, will cost $2,500 dollars... a safe bet. But here is the thing. The spoiler under the bumper has damage on it from the mounting bolts inside of the piece rusting. Its pretty noticable, and I would EVENTUALLY want to fix it.... So I'm wondering what a FULL body respray costs in metallic paint... The job would include all of the aforementioned work for $2,500, plus fixing the minor damage with the rear spoiler, and completely respraying the car.

It WILL be cheaper to do it this way in the end, cause if I ever wanted to fix that problem with the rear spoiler so it isnt noticable, I would be looking at another respray of the whole rear end so that it wouldn't be noticable... ugh

I will be asking tomorrow at Stuttgart what they think that would cost, but I also want to know what you guys think.

Last edited by faithless; 07-17-2005 at 11:02 PM.

Quick Reply: I gotta repaint a 944 turbo, whats it gonna cost?