Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lots of New People Lately - Let's do a "Get To Know Each Other" Post For New & Old!!!

Old 07-23-2004, 12:29 AM
GOBOGIE
Budding Photographer
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Lots of New People Lately - Let's do a "Get To Know Each Other" Post For New & Old!!!

O.K. - It's been quite some time since we've done one of these posts on the 944 board. It's gotten to the point lately that there are more people posting that I've never seen before verses those that I have seen. So in honor of all those that have come before us and will follow us down this Porsche filled road in the future, let's do a "Get To Know Each Other" post.

I'll start with some suggestions as to what you could post, so we can get to know each other better:

Name: Cory

Non-Porsche Related Hobbies: I so want to buy a sailboat after school but for now, I just go to work and go to school full-time while trying to finish my Doctorate in Physical Therapy

Porsche Genesis: Probably started with my brother watching Risky Business and his then obsession with 944's. He bought an '83 guards red/blk lthr and that started my obsession. I quickly bought an '86 944 guards red/blk lthr and so the obession began.

How I found Out About Rennlist: clark-garage.com is where I 1st found out about Rennlist. I use to e-mail clarke everytime I had a question about my car until he referred me to Rennlist.com I'm sure because he was tired of me e-mailing him. That was back before John D. had us all register and I use to just lurk and read. Ohhhh how I've learned so much since coming to this site and have made sooo many great Porschephile friends!!!

Now it's your turn!
(edited 5/28/05)

(Re-Edited 8/12/08)
Graduated 2 Years Ago... still have the babe in the picture!

(Long Over Due Re-Re-Edit 3/2/19)
- Getting old
- Still have my 1989 951
- And yes she is still a beauty

Attached Images  

Last edited by GOBOGIE; 03-04-2019 at 01:22 AM.
Old 07-23-2004, 12:37 AM
bloodraven
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Name: Tim Webb
Hobbies; Video games, animals, singing, music in general, writing books, screenplays, poetry, and songs...working on computers
Porsche start: Always loved the looks, then when I was 16 got to drive a boxster...decided right then that I wouldn't have anything else...
Rennlist: FOund out about it from some other message board for Porsche's...can't remember the name of it...had a link to rennlist about a picture of a car from another country that everyone thought sucked...then I read some threads, and joined up!
Old 07-23-2004, 01:03 AM
PorscheMonkey
Instructor

Name: Todd Blair

Non Porsche Hobbies: Golf (although I am a terrible golfer), Firearms (No worries here)

Porsche Genesis: I remember envying the Porsche drivers 20 years ago and now I can afford what they drove back then. These cars are timeless, beautiful, and have a back seat (I have 4 kids)

How I heard about Rennlist: I conducted many internet searches in order to research the car that I eventually bought and I came to know about Rennlist. Once I bought my Porsche, I had many questions. I scanned Rennlist and found that it was a great resource. Then, I knew that I had to join Rennlist in order to not feel like a thief for getting all the great information that the Rennlist members provide.

Soon I will Pretty up my profile with pics and such
Old 07-23-2004, 01:10 AM
DerSchlechtSpecht
Three Wheelin'

Name: Christian J. Schneider
Occupation: Full time pre-med, and slave at our regional blood bank.
Hobbies: Building model tanks, target shooting (Im a P-08 Luger nut!) and music, I love playing my piano, banjo and accordion.
Porsche start: As a young kid in Germany I remember seeing a bright red 930 ( we didnt have many in our area) ever since then I was hooked.
Rennlist: I was linked to rennlist via clark from clark's garage.

-Christian
Old 07-23-2004, 01:11 AM
mybaby924s
Racer

Name: Steph Fach

Non Porsche Hobbies: All sports, and for some strange reason I love yard work..not too sure why

Porsche Genesis: Saw an ad on Autotrader.com and it was love at first sight

How I heard about Rennlist: I posted a question on EBR's message board about a heater core and someone gave me a link to this site. The best site I have found!
Old 07-23-2004, 01:13 AM
Dmitry S.
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Name: Dmitry Stupakov

Porsche Genesis: Freshman year of high school, 6th period spanish, I'm not paying attention as usual. I look over to the sophmore next to me, he's reading a magazine. It's an "Excellence." He states that his step-dad is really into porsches, and they have a 914-6, 356A, and a 914-6 GT sitting in their garage. I go over afterschool to check it out, and his step dad gives me a ride in the 914-6. Then I get a ride in 356. I'm hooked, but I can't afford any of those cars. Parents buy me a $300 924 as a Christmas present. I spend the next couple months fixing it, put about $600 into it (I mowed a lot of lawns). Sell the car for $2200. Then, onto the 944. Sold that, got 3 more 924s and a VW. Then got another VW. Sold 2nd VW. About to sell 1st VW. Looking for a good 951 or S2 currently.

How I heard about Rennlist: My first forum was 924board, as it is a much better source for info on 924 n/as and 931s. When I got my 944, I moved here for tech info. That's when I got hooked.
Old 07-23-2004, 01:14 AM
pearldrum944
Drifting

Received 73 Likes on 14 Posts

Good Idea!
Name: Tyler Bird

Non Porsche Hobbies: Photography, Music: Drums, guitar, bass, piano, vocals, playing live, learning everything I can about recording and audio engineering

Porsche Genesis: Had seen a few 944s around and always thought they looked cool. It ended up on my "list" of cars I had wanted to own. One day riding my bike I saw a POS 944 for sale behind a used car lot. My dad and I bought it and 3 years later it is almost exactly how I want it.

How I heard about Rennlist: I was researching 944s on the net and found Pelicanparts.com. I posted there for a couple of years only hearing about rennlist. I then decided to come over here to see what it was like. I immediatly joined but didn't post any for the next year. I only occasionally read rennlist. Recently, after 944fest this year I have been posting more and am waiting for the membership button to be fixed so I can become a paying member.
Old 07-23-2004, 01:16 AM
Eyal 951
Nordschleife Master

Last edited by Eyal 951; 11-17-2010 at 10:26 PM.
Old 07-23-2004, 01:26 AM
Kurt R
Hates Family Guy
Rennlist Member

Received 56 Likes on 38 Posts

Name: Kurt R

Non-Porsche Related Hobbies: Mountain biking, photography.

Porsche Genesis: Met a guy in '88 running a 944 in IMSA Firehawk. Finally bought one of my own this winter. He's still racing his.

How I found Out About Rennlist: Did a Google search on a tech question, found a link to a Pelican there, found a reference to Rennlist there, haven't left.

I'm the one in the middle

Last edited by Kurt R; 02-13-2007 at 08:00 PM. Reason: Re-Uploaded Photo
Old 07-23-2004, 01:28 AM
Dales944
Burning Brakes

Name: Dale Timmester
Hobbies: Guitar, eating red meat
Porsche Genesis: My dad had an '83 944 in the late '80's. Then he bought a 911 in the late '90's. At that point, I knew I needed a Porsche.
Rennlist: I was searching the Web during my first few wrenching jobs, and this site kept coming up. For a long time, I simply used the search function. Finally, one day, somebody had a question that I actually knew the answer to, so I registered. After a while, I had so much useful information and free parts and friends due to this site, that I felt obligated to pay the dues and join.

Cory - good idea with this thread. See ya sometime?

Dale.
Old 07-23-2004, 01:41 AM
cantal10
Instructor

Name: Chris Antal
Hobbies: Cars, motorcycles, sports, hangin out
Porsche Genesis: My dad has a 928 and i absolutely love porsche's and couldn't see myself in anything else. Plus my uncle had a 951 new in the 80's and from what i remember i liked it.
Rennlist: Found out from the 968.net forums
Old 07-23-2004, 01:46 AM
joseph mitro
Rennlist Member

Received 244 Likes on 158 Posts

Joseph Mitro, MD
age 32
physician - OB/GYN
this is my third 944 and fourth Porsche (one 88 n/a, one 86 951, one 66 911, current 87 944S)
i discovered rennlist in medical school back in 1997 when it was still "Porschelist" back then. have been reading and contributing ever since.
Old 07-23-2004, 01:50 AM
josephsc
Race Car

Location: Albany, CA: celebrating 100 years of independence from Berkeley, CA
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Name: Joe Chen
Non-Porsche Hobbies: Rock climbing, mountaineering, foreign travel, playing with my cats
Porsche Genesis: well Boxters and 911s are dime-a-dozen in LA -- but I really wanted something less common and less pompous. Came across an ad for a 968, did some research, and the rest is history (then came the 944, then mf GF's 968, then the 951....)
How I heard about Rennlist: started off in 968.net, but then I started branching off to earlier models.
Old 07-23-2004, 01:50 AM
NeedPorscheSpeed
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Name: Jonathan Sparks

Occupation: Counselor for underprivileged youth (aged 16 to 21)

Non-Porsche Related Hobbies: Acoustic Guitar, Piano, Singing, Reading, Basketball, International Cinema (esp. Italian and French), Foreign Languages (Spanish, Italian, French, and Portuguese), Linguistics, Neuroscience, Neurolinguistics, Philosophy, and Theology, Travel

Porsche Genesis: The advent of the 959 occurred when I was around 11 years old. I used to play a computer game called Test Driive 2, which featured the 959. I was enamored! My love of Porsche was fueled by the car magazines that I read from cover to cover upon taking them out of my mailbox. The car magazines always seemed to reserve their highest praise for the Porsches. At the age of 16, I began to look often at the prices of the 944 Turbos in my area, and nationally, in the Auto Trader, all the while driving my Acura Integra and pretending, or at least wishing, it were a Porsche. One day, I vowed... My mother and father bought me a new car for my high school graduation, and while it wasn't a Porsche 944 Turbo, it served as enjoyable and reliable college transportation. All during college, the thought of owning a Porsche as soon as I got my first job was never far from my mind. At the age of 23, after working for a year, I bought my first Porsche, a 1989 944 Turbo. Before owning a Porsche, I was a big fan, but after the 300 mile drive home in my Turbo, I was hooked for life, and realized I would always have to have a Porsche in the garage. I realized that Porsche's slogans "Nothing Even Comes Close" from the 80s, and "There is No Substitute" from the 90s, were completely true!

Rennlist: I met the wonderful John D. at the Tweeks Funfest in Illinois in 2000, and he told me about Rennlist. I would occasionally peep at the boards after they were started in 2001, but, being a complete novice in terms of mechanical ability, I was a bit overwhelmed by some of the technical discussion. However, earlier this year, I vowed to start working on my cars as much as possible, and I knew that Rennlist was the place to come. The pleasant surprise was that, just like the PCA, Rennlist isn't so much about the cars as it is the people.
Old 07-23-2004, 01:54 AM
Steve 4001
Advanced

Name: Steve Jackson
Hobbies: Cars, sports, computers
Porsche Genesis: On my way home from work years ago, I pulled up next to a Ferrari F355 and then later a 993TT that was totally modified. The sound from the Porsche was amazing. That started my sports car addiction. A few weeks later I saw a 944, which ended my car search.
Rennlist: Bill underwoods awesome site

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lots of New People Lately - Let's do a "Get To Know Each Other" Post For New & Old!!!