Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   924/931/944/951/968 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/924-931-944-951-968-forum-70/)
-   -   quick paragon products question (Skip, you around?) (https://rennlist.com/forums/924-931-944-951-968-forum/119434-quick-paragon-products-question-skip-you-around.html)

Scootin159 03-09-2004 12:44 AM

quick paragon products question (Skip, you around?)

I know a lot of the Rennlist sponsors give out discounts to rennlist members....is Paragon one of them? If so, how do I get it? Just asking before I press "send order".

joseywhales 03-09-2004 01:08 AM

After all this stuff w/ John and all, I dont know if it's a good time to be asking for a discount and all! But that's just my O! Scott.

Scootin159 03-09-2004 01:10 AM

Originally posted by joseywhales
After all this stuff w/ John and all, I dont know if it's a good time to be asking for a discount and all! But that's just my O! Scott.
?? What did I miss ??

joseywhales 03-09-2004 01:16 AM

It was a tread " Just one last word" by John Anderson.

turbo944 03-09-2004 01:23 AM

Paragon has some great prices. They are very competitive on pricing with these Porsche dealership like Sunset that offer well under dealer retail on parts. So it is something like cost plus 15% on those. For other items I don't know what their markup is, but I've seen similar/same products for more on many other sites. I never have any hesitation to call up Paragon and drop an order in. They have my credit card and shipping info on file and I'd say that they are starting to get to know me by my voice....I'm talking to them about every other month right now...

joseywhales 03-09-2004 01:29 AM

I get alot from Zim's Autoteknic, there prices have always been great! I belive Paragon carries a differant type of inventory. Paragon has great shipping the times that have ordered from them.

Aleks951 03-09-2004 01:39 AM

I called Paragon and they don't give any additional discounts to Rennlist or PCA members. However, I do find their prices fair and competitive so I don't mind buying from them often.

Scootin159 03-09-2004 08:15 AM

Yeah, they do have great prices, I just figured If they were offering the discount, why not use it. (I was already planning on buying from them).

97xray 03-09-2004 08:18 AM

The support they offer is second to none, in my experience. So even if the price was a bit more, it's worth it. But the price ISN'T a bit more (usually); it's very competetive, and often they're the best.

SeaCay 03-09-2004 08:38 AM

Plus, every time I order from them, the stuff is at my house, without fail, in a couple of days. That's what I'm talkin' about!

Mouthpiece 03-09-2004 12:09 PM

I, too, have found the prices and support from Paragon to be excellent. I recently bought a relay from them for which there was a $40 difference in price from another popular supplier (with Paragon's price obviously being lower). I now start my search for parts with Paragon.

Aleks951 03-09-2004 01:36 PM

Originally posted by Scootin159
Yeah, they do have great prices, I just figured If they were offering the discount, why not use it. (I was already planning on buying from them).
Scootin - I felt the same exact way. I had already placed about 3 orders from Paragon and as I set up my fourth order all I had to click was "submit" and I thought "hey...I wonder if I can get a discount", so I called.

They politely explained to me what I mentioned before so as I spoke to the rep (forgot his name but I have talked to him a couple of times before and he even remembered me) I clicked the submit and went on my merry way.

In fact, I think my order is due to arrive TODAY!!!!!

Skip 03-09-2004 05:22 PM

We do not have any blanket discount policies for any group or organization. We do from time to time sponsor an event or provide a discount on package deals. As many find out on their own, we try to keep the pricing very competitive, shop our competitors from time to time, and also have sales on specific items or groups of items. The best way to find out about the sales and promotions is to subscribe to our mailing list (*cough* PLUG ;-)). I try to publish something out about twice per month... this will usually include sale items and any new items. Some promotions are very limited quantities (like the Excellence was Expected series for $167, now $179), while some never seem to end (like the EVOMS BOV for $104).

One note I do like to mention to those who price-check extensively is that not all parts are created equal - and, not all packages. Many of the products we offer are specifically chosen for quality over cost reasons. Similarly, many are based on value (bang-for-buck). If we offer a product known to be rebuilt, aftermarket, or otherwise possibly not up the best standards possible we will state so publicly. e.g. the cheapest gas hatch strut is not always the best. Some products are removed due to lack of quality based on customer reviews. Many do this - I'm not implying they don't - just being sure you know we pick and choose which parts to sell for many reasons.

ELLSSUU 03-09-2004 09:15 PM

Thanks Skip. I just signed up. Guess I never noticed the news letter part.