Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Steering wheel/pedal spacers... Old topic but new info/question... :)

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2004, 10:15 AM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Steering wheel/pedal spacers... Old topic but new info/question... :)

As many people here know, I've posted a few times about trying to make some sort of pedal & steering wheel spacers- mostly b/c the SR is too far back- in most normal cars, the driver can look straight up & see out of the SR, but, in this car, unless one is tall, the driver looks right into the front edge. I wanted to change this since I don't plan to get any taller than my current 5'9"...

I have a Momo Competition wheel & bought two simple 15mm spacers, intending to stack them for a total of 30mm (~1.2")- in choosing the distance, I wanted ~6", but, I knew the wheel would be the prob- it would look silly if I went more than ~1.5" - PLUS, everything has to be placed relative to each other, including the dash, instrument controls, shift ****, pedals, AND EVEN the signal & wiper stalks, as I LATER found out. I decided on: pedals = ~2" & wheel = ~1.5" - I wanted the pedals spaced a little more so I could sit a hair more upright (having long arms, etc)...

So, I made some small, light, wooden blocks to use w/some Sparco covers- total spaced amount is a hair under 2" including the 4mm thick covers- I bought a DP cover too, but haven't installed it yet- not sure what to do here- it looks to be a PITA to install b/c of the carpet, etc- I'm considering just leaving it alone, but, I'd like to space it in relation to the pedals. Anyway, I used ONE 15mm spacer WITH the horn ring (5mm- I like the look of the wheel w/OUT it anyway)) for a total of 20mm- stacking the two 15mm's proved to be more of a PITA than expected...

The prob: the turn signal & windshield wiper stalks (cruise, etc) are pretty far from the wheel now- the one thing I didn't consider- the turn sig is the main prob- it's close to the end of my fingers- is there any simple way to fix this? I'm thinking, that IF I could bring it slightly closer, I might be able to fix the 15mm's to stack them & get another 10mm (eliminating th e horn ring), thereby getting the 30mm I wanted- in any event, it's better than it WAS, but, I'd like a little more if possible....

Any input here?
Old 02-26-2004, 07:01 AM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bump....anyone???

Quick Reply: Steering wheel/pedal spacers... Old topic but new info/question... :)