924/931/944/951/968 Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blown wire on rear ABS sensor cable???

Old 07-06-2019, 03:25 PM
MattSlay
User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blown wire on rear ABS sensor cable???

Has anyone every seen a blown wire pop out of the wiring shielding on the the rear ABS wiring harness cable?

I applied the brakes hard at about 50 mph, and I heard a pop sound under the rear of the car, so we lifted it on a rack and noticed this wire burned or shorted in two, and it is popped out of the outer shielding. I cannot be certain this is the sound I heard, but i sure is suspicious. I suppose it could have been this way for a while.

Has anyone seen or heard of this happening before?

Old 07-08-2019, 04:01 PM
MattSlay
User

Updated info:

The harness cable has 5 wires in it and a barrel connector on each end. Two wires are for the speed sensors, two wires are for the brake pad wear indicator, and the 5th wire is a ground on each end with an external eye that bolts to the frame of the car to filter out electrical noise from the speed sensor (at least that's what I read online). Well... something happened and the darn *ground wire* shorted out and blew through the outer shell of the entire cable. (See photo in previous message)

I know it's the ground wire that blew because I checked continuity on the other 4 wires that run through the harness and they all check fine on both connectors on each end of the hardness cable.
Old 07-09-2019, 12:27 AM
Van
Addict
Rennlist Member

Do you get an ABS fault light on? Are you sure it's not the brake pad wear sensor wire?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: