Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hershey Swap Meet

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2019, 07:01 AM
GPA951s
Three Wheelin'

Received 270 Likes on 209 Posts

Well The weather driving down from Buffalo was crappy but when I got there there the weather was dry although there wa a couple raindrops but nothing that even warranted a raincoat. Found some good stuff and talked with allot of interesting people, The weather was actually perfect at the park. I was a little surprised at the $25 parking free, I think last year it was only $20 . I WAS surprised to see not even one 944 in any form in the corral for peoples choice.. allot 968' though...
Old 04-21-2019, 11:31 AM
audirockz
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Glad it turned out OK. Had intended to drive the 944 up, but got up at 0630 and the roads were totally wet. My intention was to park the car in the People's Choice area, so a dirty car was no bueno.

Sad that there was no 944 representation, but it's usually mostly 928s in the red class.
Old 04-22-2019, 10:03 PM
Lizard944
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Breakaway944
Terrific!! I'll head up there today, I figure it will take me a couple of days of driving around to find it. Thanks for narrowing it down, I was going to drive around Hershey, PA trying to find it.
Just kidding, I get the hint. The organizers want it to be a private invite only event and that's why they keep the location a secret!
Sorry, I thought you youngins knew how to google search. I'll try to do better next year.
Old 04-25-2019, 01:32 AM
Tiger03447
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 126 Posts

Go to maps on your cell phone..It'll lead ya right to it!
Old 04-25-2019, 10:41 AM
Breakaway944
Rennlist Member

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts

Sorry, I thought you youngins knew how to google search. I'll try to do better next year
Yeah, I was being lazy. I just wanted to narrow down "Hershey" as a place, person or thing and its general location (Hershey Mexico, Hershey China, Hershey USA) before I Bing'ed it (I believe Google changed its motto from "do no evil" to "do evil" so I try not to use them)
when I received the answer
in Upstate NY, near Syracuse
That threw me for a loop. I am familiar with Syracuse and know of nothing named Hershey up there.
Go to maps on your cell phone..It'll lead ya right to it!
When I enter "Hershey" into EVERY map program I have it has no clue what I am talking about. I even tried "Hershey Syracuse" and it still had no clue. Then I tried "Hershey Porsche swap meet" and google maps and waze and igo had no clue. Perhaps My cell phone and apps are outdated, if you could let me know what cell phone and map app will know what I mean by entering the information I had and "lead me right to it" I would appreciate it. Since I am not a "youngin" I am not up with all the new technology.
Yes, I did end up doing my own research on the swap meet. I should have trusted my gut instincts, after reading the poorly website, and not bothered with the meet. IT WAS A COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY! For those thinking of attending DON"T.
The only thing you will get is grief from the people on the forums you ask about information on the event. According to the website you can't get into the parking lot to park after 4:30. I took that as meaning the meet lasted till AT LEAST 4:30. I planned my day around this, ran some errands in the morning, then headed down. Arrived a little after 1:00. What a joke!! A handful of cars and around 15-20 vendors. By a 2:30 the place was a ghost town. Maybe it was better earlier in the day, I do not know. Perhaps if they promoted it better I would have had a better experience. Perhaps if people on this forum who had attended the event previously had given basic information as far what to expect I might have had a better experience. Maybe there were more then a handful of people there in the morning, I do not know. From my perspective, having arrived well within the operation hours, This meet was a sick joke!
Old 04-25-2019, 01:16 PM
StoogeMoe
Rennlist Member

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Breakaway944
The only thing you will get is grief from the people on the forums you ask about information on the event. According to the website you can't get into the parking lot to park after 4:30. I took that as meaning the meet lasted till AT LEAST 4:30. I planned my day around this, ran some errands in the morning, then headed down. Arrived a little after 1:00. What a joke!! A handful of cars and around 15-20 vendors. By a 2:30 the place was a ghost town. Maybe it was better earlier in the day, I do not know. Perhaps if they promoted it better I would have had a better experience. Perhaps if people on this forum who had attended the event previously had given basic information as far what to expect I might have had a better experience. Maybe there were more then a handful of people there in the morning, I do not know. From my perspective, having arrived well within the operation hours, This meet was a sick joke!
You should have asked. Most people get there real early like 8am. It's pretty much over by noon. I went last year but was disappointed. The parking charge is getting outrageous. I remember when it was $10. PCA region getting too greedy. It's only worth it if you really need something or it's nice weather.
Old 04-25-2019, 01:22 PM
Gota996
Advanced

Received 45 Likes on 16 Posts

I went this year, really disappointing. We got there at 9:30 a.m. from upstate n.y. A lot of open vendor aisles. Weather got nice around 11 a.m. car coral was scarce, a few 944’s asking stupid money. Been going for the last 10 years, afraid this my last trip.

Quick Reply: Hershey Swap Meet